how do you like your steak to be cooked?

Options

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Well well done. No signs of pinkness tyvm.

Althooough....i had one recently that i didn't didnt cook "properly", and it was slightly pink in the middle. I actually tried it...and it was lovely! :(

But...the look put me off...
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Medium with a little salt and pepper..... and a roll to soak up the juices.

No sauce needed
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    mooing, on a grill, with no added seasonings.
    Then served with grilled asparagus, and mushrooms steam/sauteed with NO oil, but with their own juices and just a dab of reduced beef stock.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I prefer my steak rare-to-medium-rare, but to clear up a misconception [if it hasn't been addressed already], the juices in a steak are mostly water and myoglobin, not blood cells. The blood is drained at the time of the slaughter.
    -wtk
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    BLOODY! :bigsmile: (even though I just read that it's not blood, I'm still calling it that :laugh:)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    medium rare!! mmmm
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Rare Rib-eye with steak sauce. Mmmmmm.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    the bloodier the better, mmmm.... steak.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Medium-well, no sauce. It seems everyone likes theirs rare'ish, gross! I find it too squishy and no, not soft just weird. That's why I don't like seafood like shrimp and lobster, the consistency is too squishy like uncooked meat.

I love the steak at Montana's, beautifully done and only 330 cals. The Keg's however tastes good too but is 960 cals! Why does a nice piece of meat need to soak in oil to cause such a nutritional disaster? Not cool!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Medium baby!! WIth some Conecuh seasoning and LOTS of garlic. That's what I had for dinner last night. Un-freakin-believable!!!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I prefer my meat still living, attached to a happy, living creature.

Although I have no problem with people who eat meat, I do find this pretty funny:

madcows.jpg
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Medium and A1 is very necessary....! A STEAK NEEDS A1, DAMNIT.

I'll give an amen to this
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Medium/medium-rare bathed in Montreal steak seasoning. YUMMY!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    As rare as they do it.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    If I cook it myself - Medium Rare
    If I order it - Medium (Apparently half the restaurants think medium-rare is still squishy raw/barely warmed in the center... gross)

Also, with some crab, artichoke and cheese over the top... freaking amazing.

Also like onions and mushrooms over it at times as well.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Hmm, now I think I'm gonna have to ask my g/f if we can go out for steaks this weekend. :laugh:

Not even married, and she already owns you?

Better yet, tell her "I'm going out for steaks, if you care to join me."
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I prefer my meat still living, attached to a happy, living creature.

Although I have no problem with people who eat meat, I do find this pretty funny:

madcows.jpg

hehehe!!! This is what i say when ordering steak out, "I want you to burn it. I want to have to scrape the crusty charred part off to find the meat. I want NO pink. So, supre-duper-overly well done. Thanks!"
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Medium.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    hehehe!!! This is what i say when ordering steak out, "I want you to burn it. I want to have to scrape the crusty charred part off to find the meat. I want NO pink. So, supre-duper-overly well done. Thanks!"

Why bother ordering a steak then? Waste of good money!

:D
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    this is how i order my steak: I want it RARE. Extra RARE. Walk the Cow throught the kitchen, i'm good if it's still mooing.

love it when you have just a little brown w/ grill marks on the outside and then purple and bloody on the inside. if my potato or culiflower isn't PINK at the end, the steak is over cooked.