Motivated Momma's Week 5 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I so apoligize ladies it has been 2 ruff weeks for me havent been able to be on here as much as i want to 60 hr work week on top of dealing with postpartum isn't easy at all. Does anyone else or have anyone else dealt with postpartum I need pointers I feel alot better now so hopefully next week will be better

I have dealt with post-partum depression after both my children were born; it's a rough road, so rough for me that in fact I needed professional help; I saw a therapist for quite awhile after each child. I also had to take a small of medication to get out of that "darkness". I also found that exercise gave me those endorphins that my body craved; exercise gave me the ability to get off those medications (something I "knew" but hadn't really accepted).

I would love to answer any and all of your questions & help any way that I can- just send me a message.
    Much peace to you,
    Amy
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

My purpose is to use my listening skills and positive attitude to help people focus on the positive rather than the negative of situations so they can live a happier and more fulfilling life.

Beautiful!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    I was wondering if there has been any more ladies who have dropped out, I have noticed some of the ladies on the spreadsheet have not been active in the chat forums, so if your partner has been super inactive, send me a msg on my profile and I will do some re-organizing of the pairs. I want all of us to get the support we need and having a buddy system was to give that little bit extra that we all need from time to time. Don't be shy just let me know and I will put the less active people together and maybe pair you up with someone who is a little more supportive.

Karie

Thank you for being so attentive and such a great "leader"!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    My purpose is to use my compassion and leadership qualities to help other women find what there amazing and unique qualities are so they can find there own life purpose, making women strong and self assured.

* This was a really great challenge! I have never mentioned this to the group by I have been talking with a mid-wife in my town and I am going to take a course with her to become a doula, I loved my pregnancy and my delivery so much that I would love to teach women how strong we truly are. So many women are afraid of labour but I want to teach women to release the fear and embrace the beauty of child birth. I had 20 hrs of labour with no medical intervention, yes ladies all natural! It was amazing and empowering!

I had trouble with this exercise too; I love your "purpose" and I am so happy you have discovered your purpose! I had a doula for both of my births and doulas are a wonderful gift!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Here is my Tuesday... feeling so overwhelmed & tired; can't seem to shake it... I can't wish for anything other than what I have in my life but sometimes I do wish that I wasn't able to handle so much... weird, I guess.
    TU. 10/25 (posted on MM thread & on spreadsheet)
    CARDIO (12 points total + bonus):
    Weekly Mileage Goal = 18 miles
    Part 1, miles (5 pts. if goal + bonus), mileage to date= 18 miles
    Part 2, intervals x 3 days (3/3) = n/a
    Part 3, logging on spreadsheet x 4 days (4/4) = yes

STRENGTH (6 points total): (6/6)
    n/a

EMOTIONAL (5/5)
    n/a

TOTAL for today = 6
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I so apoligize ladies it has been 2 ruff weeks for me havent been able to be on here as much as i want to 60 hr work week on top of dealing with postpartum isn't easy at all. Does anyone else or have anyone else dealt with postpartum I need pointers I feel alot better now so hopefully next week will be better

I suffered from PPD as well. For me it was in the form of anxiety attacks. It was awful. I went to a very dark place for awhile there. While I'm not one to push medication on anyone, for me, in this instance, it saved me. My doc prescribed a very low dosage anti-anxiety pill just to quell the panic. Within 48 hours I felt a change - it's hard to explain... the anxiety would still jump up but I could feel that there was something else pushing it down. Basically the medication gave me the chance to take a deep breath and think clearly. With time, the panic became less and less of an issue and my "normal" self returned. I was only on it for a few months (maybe 10 weeks total? I can't remember exactly) and had no trouble coming off of it.

I would strongly urge you to seek professional help, whether that be with your GP, community nurse, counsellor or other avenue. It's nothing to be ashamed of and in no way speaks to your abilities as a mother. The only way you can be the best mother you can be is if you are in a healthy place both physically and mentally. Please feel free to message me anytime for support or encouragement. It does get better, I promise. :flowerforyou:

Much love,
    Lynda
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    The Life Purpose Exercise:

This exercise was really hard for me, but I just kept coming back to the same answer all week.

My purpose is to use my compassion and leadership qualities to help other women find what there amazing and unique qualities are so they can find there own life purpose, making women strong and self assured.

* This was a really great challenge! I have never mentioned this to the group by I have been talking with a mid-wife in my town and I am going to take a course with her to become a doula, I loved my pregnancy and my delivery so much that I would love to teach women how strong we truly are. So many women are afraid of labour but I want to teach women to release the fear and embrace the beauty of child birth. I had 20 hrs of labour with no medical intervention, yes ladies all natural! It was amazing and empowering!

Wow. I'm blown away by this Karie! You are amazing! I desperately wanted a natural birth but due to some circumstance beyond my control (namely Caleb being breach in the world's most dangerous position with his cord all tangled up) I was strongly advised to have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. I never felt a contraction or had my water break... which still kinda makes me sad. But at the same time, I was able to deliver a perfectly healthy baby and that is all that matters. It makes it harder the for the second time around tho because since I'll be attempting VBAC when that time comes I'm considered high risk whcih means I don't get the nicer birthing rooms and I'll probably have to have an epidural. Plus, somehow vaginal birth seems even scarier now because at least I know what to expect with a c-section you know?
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Starting weight: 261 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 226.5
    Week 1 weight: 224.7
    Wee2 weight: 225.3
    Week 3 Weight: 225.3
    Week 4 Weight: 222.9
    Weekly +/-: 0
    Total loss: - 38.1lbs

All things considered this is a MAJOR win. I was a naughty girl this week and didn't exercise like I should and made some serisouly questionable food choices. I drank soda. I drank slurpees. I ate McDs - TWICE!!! ugh... emotional eating is the pits. But the fact that I managed to do all of that and not gain weight feels like a win. Also, I realized that even when I go "totally overboard" as I felt I had this week I still came in around 1600 calories a day. I'm super grateful that I logged honestly because it really g ve me perspective. Even when I go hog-wild (no pun intended!) these days I'm still eating much healthier and more reasonable portions than the old Lynda would have. Back int he day I figure I was eating rough;ly 2000 calories a day on a good day with little to no exercise. Now, even on my worse day I'm buring around 250-ish cals and eating around my maintainence levels. So YAY ME!!!

That being said, no more excuses. I'm back in the saddle and determined to hit the 40lbs loss mark! hopefully by next week :wink:
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    REcipe vote: I vote for Amy's breeakfast burritos. they sound delish!

So that makes Amy our winner! Amy please add one bonus point to your food challenge score and thanks to all that submitted a yummy snack idea/recipe :happy:
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Week 6 Thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/377645-motivated-mommas-week-6-closed-group

Remember to post your stats on the spreadsheet as well as on the week 5 thread. Great week ladies!!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 244.8 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 215.2
    Week 1 weight: 215.2
    Wee2 weight: 213.4
    Week 3 Weight: 213.6
    Week 4 Weight: 212.6
    Weekly +/-: -1 :drinker:
    Total loss: - 32.2lbs

I am excited about this loss, TOM is here and I had a trying week so I thought I would stay the same or gain. I will get back at it this week to try to hit my biggest goal of onderland by my birthday that is 12 pounds in 6 weeka, hop I can achieve it!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

All things considered this is a MAJOR win. I was a naughty girl this week and didn't exercise like I should and made some serisouly questionable food choices. I drank soda. I drank slurpees. I ate McDs - TWICE!!! ugh... emotional eating is the pits. But the fact that I managed to do all of that and not gain weight feels like a win. Also, I realized that even when I go "totally overboard" as I felt I had this week I still came in around 1600 calories a day. I'm super grateful that I logged honestly because it really g ve me perspective. Even when I go hog-wild (no pun intended!) these days I'm still eating much healthier and more reasonable portions than the old Lynda would have. Back int he day I figure I was eating rough;ly 2000 calories a day on a good day with little to no exercise. Now, even on my worse day I'm buring around 250-ish cals and eating around my maintainence levels. So YAY ME!!!

That being said, no more excuses. I'm back in the saddle and determined to hit the 40lbs loss mark! hopefully by next week :wink:

We will do this!! I am sure you will hit that 40lb mark, this week we will rock the challenge!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options

This exercise was really hard for me, but I just kept coming back to the same answer all week.

I LOVE IT! I am so proud of you with the doula thing too-- you'll be awesome. I have done some of my own doula training too-- have done a lot of the reading, but never got to taking the course as opportunities weren't present at the right time. Someday though!! I had a doula for my second labor, and it was the best thing I ever did. Not only did I get to birth the way exactly that I wanted, but it was completely drug free, and NO STITCHES!!! Yahoo!! It's an amazing thing to be able to be there for other families and be an advocate for them at such an important time, no matter what their choices. Have you seen " The Business of Being Born" ? Highly recommend!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

I LOVE IT! I am so proud of you with the doula thing too-- you'll be awesome. I have done some of my own doula training too-- have done a lot of the reading, but never got to taking the course as opportunities weren't present at the right time. Someday though!! I had a doula for my second labor, and it was the best thing I ever did. Not only did I get to birth the way exactly that I wanted, but it was completely drug free, and NO STITCHES!!! Yahoo!! It's an amazing thing to be able to be there for other families and be an advocate for them at such an important time, no matter what their choices. Have you seen " The Business of Being Born" ? Highly recommend!!

I have seen that, it is a great one! Thanks!
  • daisyelaine
    Options

My purpose is to use my listening skills and positive attitude to help people focus on the positive rather than the negative of situations so they can live a happier and more fulfilling life.

Awesome! I'm so glad you had fun with it!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Starting MM weight: 192.2
    Week 1 weight: 189.8
    Week2 weight: 191.0
    Week 3 weight- 188.2
    Week 4 weight- 189.6
    Week 5 weight- 186.6
    Weekly +/-: -3 lbs
    Total loss: -5.6 lbs

Whooooohoooo!! I was afraid of where I might be-- doing bootcamp on Monday nights is leaving my muscles super sore on Wednesdays.. but I'll take it!! Excuse me while I go do a happy dance...
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies, sorry I have been MIA, it's been a hectic week-end, and been playing catch-up ever since.
    The Hubby had to build 5 displays for one of his stores (he works for a liquor & wine distributor), and they had to be in the sttore monday morning. So he got home with the supplies around 5 Friday, we worked on them til about 10pm. Back up at 7:30 started on them at 8am worked till 5pm, then went to Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream. Didn't get to bed til 4am. Then back up at 7:30, started paimting the displays at 8 and finished at 10:15 pm, only stopping to eat. Talk about pushing yourself past the point of exhaustion!! Monday morning I felt like I had been run over by a truck!! But I still had to get up and get the kids off to school, then start on everything that didn't get done over the week-end.

My weigh-in is the same 129, but as far as points go I really dropped the ball!! So sorry, but these displays meant the store manager would buy in an additional 150 cases of product. That is a big amount for one order, for one store. Right before Christmas every little bit helps!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Starting MM weight: 192.2
    Week 1 weight: 189.8
    Week2 weight: 191.0
    Week 3 weight- 188.2
    Week 4 weight- 189.6
    Week 5 weight- 186.6
    Weekly +/-: -3 lbs
    Total loss: -5.6 lbs

Whooooohoooo!! I was afraid of where I might be-- doing bootcamp on Monday nights is leaving my muscles super sore on Wednesdays.. but I'll take it!! Excuse me while I go do a happy dance...

wow! great loss! congrats!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Week 4- 158.4
    Week 5- 158.2
    Weekly loss- -0.2

Finally the scale moved a bit, but i will have stick with 1400 cals on all days..Last week was a trying week, so not too bad..
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Awesome loss! And even better, awesome loss while having a trying week!!! You are doing SOO great!!!!!!