Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• kristin335
    Options
    Thanks so much ziesergirl for taking the time to make the chart =)
  • kristin335
    Options
    Agreed! Thank you for making the chart!
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hmm I just posted a blank quote post, so sorry. Still learning how to use the forums. Thank you for your words of encouragement. ziesergirl. I usually do pretty well with eating and logging during the day but then it kind of goes downhill when I get home at night and that is probably why the scale isn't moving. Does anyone else have this issue? I try to eat healthy but I think I am eating too much at night.

have not read ahead to see if anyone responded to this. just some ideas here...
    1~ are you eating at nite because you are hungry OR just habit?? try to figure out why. and remember we eat for so many, many reasons. don't even have to be hungry. bored, happy, sad, heck I even eat for no dang reason at all!! the food just goes in!!

If you are hungry...maybe you need to eat more during the day and then lighter meals at nite. how bout spacing your meals so you eat every 2-3 hours, or what works best for you. trying to find what works for you will take some time.

looking for some filler foods? AVOID sugar!! read the labels...become addicted to nutrition info. nuts are healthy fats, as long as they are natural and nothing is on them...yup, plain old nuts! I buy in bulk...almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds and walnuts. how bout 100% whole grain? oatmeal...not from the little pkgs. make your own. add some fresh fruit..lately I have been adding some pure pumpkin! lil cinnamon and YUM!!

make sure you are getting enough fluids too. sometimes when we are hungry, we are actually thirsty! try it sometime!

if it's habit, just try to find healthier foods to eat...and make them quick to grab...and get out of the kitchen. air popped popcorn?? sounds kinda nasty....but after a while, no prob! and, good fiber filling for you.

realizing evening is a struggle for you is *positive*...just be more aware of it and make small changes along the way. Each day you make positive choices will get you closer to your goals!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the tips and words of encouragement. I really love this group! I am going to try your suggestions. I think a lot of the eating is out of habit and having a boyfriend with a big sweet tooth. It's hard to resist when he's eating sweets in front of me! I think I just need to remember my goals and the way I'll feel when I achieve them, which is much better than the guilt and regret I feel after overeating and/or indulging. Thanks again for your advice and support!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You missed me! :((
    My start was 224 and Im 222
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You missed me! :((
    My start was 224 and Im 222

sorry!! I didn't see a post that had your current weight. I am going out of town for the weekend and will have it added by Monday. Congrats on the loss!! =)
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    did my 20 push ups and will do 20 later, since I didn't do them yesterday.
    Will be getting lots of walking in at MOA.

Everyone keep with the challenge....and have a good weekend! Keep it goin' here...I'll try to check in if I can.

Take care!
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ziesergirl for the chart!! :flowerforyou: This has really got to be an amazing group!! I didn't get my push-ups in yesterday but I am going to today!!
    Hope everyone has a great Friday!! :smile:

Crystal
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Im in current weight 200 goal weight by Xmas 185. I belonged to another group but somehow it closed have been looking for an open one. Thanks
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ziesergirl for doing the chart! Enjoy your weekend!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    awesome chart.... now let's make ziesergirl_66 efforts with the chart and the starting of the group worth it!! Keep track of our foods, move our bodies and when we have a treat over the weekend, make it something worth it.
    Why waste calories on a hand full of chips or a treat from the dreaded Halloween candy bowl, save the "treat" for something great like a piece of homemade pie(less preservatives), or a nice piece of steak etc... indulge on good "whole foods" not processed!
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ooh Ooh! I want to join! lol

SW: 334.5

GW: 314.5
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks ziesergirl_66 for all the work on this group! I worked out yesterday, and almost forgot the push-ups. If it weren't for this group, I'd continue to forget them! It's great to have the extra motivation, and to the have accountability.
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Did my 30 push-ups last night and 6sets of 10 on the shoulder press. Yeah, I'll be hurting tomorrow. One thing though. I did the shoulder press first and the first 15 push-ups were almost a breeze (<--I said ALMOST!) Thank you guys for this support system. The emails and the individual comments on profiles are awesome. Thanks. Remember to keep the water flowing.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Ok...here it is!! Now, just so ya all know...I did this very quickly and it is very basic. When I have more time, I will add some color...and dates to the weeks.

Please let me know either on the thread or a message if I have your name wrong or weights wrong. I will get them changed...but probably not til Monday (going on a 3 day getaway w/sis to MOA)

Also, if you have not posted a weight for this week, it is not there (or I forgot..oops :ohwell: ) and if you recently joined this group, just remember to post your weight next Wednesday and you WILL be on the next chart.

And hey, welcome all you folks who have just joined..we are thrilled to have you along with us on this journey. Currently, it is thru Christmas with weekly challenges...and possibly it will move on into 2012!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! Plan your meals and exercise!! Get goin on your pushups and fill that water bottle!

Again, let me know if I need to change anything....and I am so sorry if I messed it up or forgot you. :ohwell:

wk1-2.png

Thanks so much!! Amazing!

And my GW is 190.
  • ktjones3
    Options
    Thank you for the chart! You're amazing :)
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i know I'm eating to much at night. i've looked at my last two days, did awesome during the day, but when I get home, instead of going to bed, I feel like I need the comfort and overdo!! I'm so mad at myself!!!
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your chart. You've answered a couple of my questions and maybe i just haven't posted correctly.
    My starting weight was 190 and then I'll weigh in on Wednesday. I like the thought of the chart. It will help hold me accountable. Thank you for all your work... and your care!!
  • jenniferboyd81
    jenniferboyd81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

Weight 265
    Christmas Goal Weight 240

the 26th is my birthday and my goal was to lose 30 before I turn 30 I started at 270 ugh but I know I can do it.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    awesome chart.... now let's make ziesergirl_66 efforts with the chart and the starting of the group worth it!! Keep track of our foods, move our bodies and when we have a treat over the weekend, make it something worth it.
    Why waste calories on a hand full of chips or a treat from the dreaded Halloween candy bowl, save the "treat" for something great like a piece of homemade pie(less preservatives), or a nice piece of steak etc... indulge on good "whole foods" not processed!

I second that! :)
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

Weight 265
    Christmas Goal Weight 240

the 26th is my birthday and my goal was to lose 30 before I turn 30 I started at 270 ugh but I know I can do it.

I know you can do it :). It will be hard but just keep telling yourself you're worth it.