Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bootcamp class tonight...............lots of squats, push ups, fall down get ups, jumping jacks, and bag work. What a work out! Now I am beat and ready for bed :)
  • loischapman
    Options
    I am new and need to loose 50 pounds. starting weight 210 goal weight 160.. please support me
  • christinabemis
    Options
    I'd love to join also!

current weight: 160
    christmas weight: 150
  • WellbeingOver40
    WellbeingOver40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in thank you for doing this I really need it.

I need advice - I am a 46 yr old woman I have not exercise in years. Sometines I go for walks and or do simple yoga and then I am sore for days and get unmotivated. I used love Zumba and did it all the time, if I go now I could not keep up and probably get hurt. Any suggestions to get motivated? HELP!

CW: 204
    by Christmas: 190

Thanks - Tanya
  • Mandymoos93
    Options
    Totally in!
    SW: 175
    Xmas goal: 160
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I am in!!!!!!!!!!!! Weight 233.9 Goal weight for Xmas is 215! Good luck everyone!!!! Add Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Cw: 179 xmas wt: 160 gw: 145
  • shanny5535
    Options
    Hello All, I am checking in for the day. I have done my 20 girly push-ups and I have also done Jiliam Micheals "Burn fat, blast metabolism"...man it was tough! Good Luck Everyone!!!!
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    I am in.

Starting wt 233
    Xmas goal wt 218

GW: 135
    UGW: 127
  • shanny5535
    Options
    You can also try to eat more fiber. Fiber also fills you up and makes you feel fuller longer. :smile:
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    Im in!
    Start weight: 171 lbs
    Goal weight: 155 lbs
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hmm I just posted a blank quote post, so sorry. Still learning how to use the forums. Thank you for your words of encouragement. ziesergirl. I usually do pretty well with eating and logging during the day but then it kind of goes downhill when I get home at night and that is probably why the scale isn't moving. Does anyone else have this issue? I try to eat healthy but I think I am eating too much at night.

have not read ahead to see if anyone responded to this. just some ideas here...
    1~ are you eating at nite because you are hungry OR just habit?? try to figure out why. and remember we eat for so many, many reasons. don't even have to be hungry. bored, happy, sad, heck I even eat for no dang reason at all!! the food just goes in!!

If you are hungry...maybe you need to eat more during the day and then lighter meals at nite. how bout spacing your meals so you eat every 2-3 hours, or what works best for you. trying to find what works for you will take some time.

looking for some filler foods? AVOID sugar!! read the labels...become addicted to nutrition info. nuts are healthy fats, as long as they are natural and nothing is on them...yup, plain old nuts! I buy in bulk...almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds and walnuts. how bout 100% whole grain? oatmeal...not from the little pkgs. make your own. add some fresh fruit..lately I have been adding some pure pumpkin! lil cinnamon and YUM!!

make sure you are getting enough fluids too. sometimes when we are hungry, we are actually thirsty! try it sometime!

if it's habit, just try to find healthier foods to eat...and make them quick to grab...and get out of the kitchen. air popped popcorn?? sounds kinda nasty....but after a while, no prob! and, good fiber filling for you.

realizing evening is a struggle for you is *positive*...just be more aware of it and make small changes along the way. Each day you make positive choices will get you closer to your goals!! :flowerforyou:
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I have a lot of trouble with night time snacking. I feel like I just can't get satisified or something. I am really trying to work on it! :-) I'm not help to you, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone!

Are you getting enough protein throughout the day? I used to be exactly the same way until I started making sure I was eating enough protein. It really helps keep you full long after dinner. That's my advice :).

yes, ^^^ this too
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I totally want to lose 8 pounds by Christmas!!

SW: 148
    Christmas GW: 140
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I'm in thank you for doing this I really need it.

I need advice - I am a 46 yr old woman I have not exercise in years. Sometines I go for walks and or do simple yoga and then I am sore for days and get unmotivated. I used love Zumba and did it all the time, if I go now I could not keep up and probably get hurt. Any suggestions to get motivated? HELP!

CW: 204
    by Christmas: 190

Thanks - Tanya

I've always said, if I would just keep exercising, I would not be obese. I do good for a while, then stop...for much longer. Finding something you enjoy is very important, just as is the time of day you will do it. I'm learning for me, if I get it done first thing after waking, I don't make excuses, or say I will do it later. Later comes and goes and then it's bedtime.

Yes, you're gonna be sore...but you need to keep at it. that soreness should go away. don't worry about not being able to keep up, go at your pace and soon you will notice improvements...cardiovascular gets better and you will be able to go longer. Again, patience is so important. Maybe just try one thing for awhile and not too many different things. Even walking for 10 minutes a few times a day will get you going.

Remind yourself why you want to exercise...there are so many benefits. write it down on paper, look at it often...or tell yourself out loud. and this is hard...think like a healthy, fit person. So much of losing weight, eating right, exercising is mental. Be kind to yourself...you'll get there!
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    I did 20 girly push-ups!! I guess I will work up to 30! Whew that was tough!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Ok...here it is!! Now, just so ya all know...I did this very quickly and it is very basic. When I have more time, I will add some color...and dates to the weeks.

Please let me know either on the thread or a message if I have your name wrong or weights wrong. I will get them changed...but probably not til Monday (going on a 3 day getaway w/sis to MOA)

Also, if you have not posted a weight for this week, it is not there (or I forgot..oops :ohwell: ) and if you recently joined this group, just remember to post your weight next Wednesday and you WILL be on the next chart.

And hey, welcome all you folks who have just joined..we are thrilled to have you along with us on this journey. Currently, it is thru Christmas with weekly challenges...and possibly it will move on into 2012!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! Plan your meals and exercise!! Get goin on your pushups and fill that water bottle!

Again, let me know if I need to change anything....and I am so sorry if I messed it up or forgot you. :ohwell:

wk1-2.png
  • RoxyMoxie
    RoxyMoxie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I need to do this! Cw 256 Gwxmas 240 ugw 120 ... New at dieting but ive already got a.great syart to the new year
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ziesergirl for taking the time to make the chart =)
  • kristin335
    Options
    I struggle with eating too much at night too. In the past I've made an effort to not eat in front of the TV (I usually eat dinner in front of the TV when I'm at home, I live alone). Then it turns into whenever I'm watching TV, I want to keep eating. I didn't realize how much I mindlessly eat while watching TV, and if I limit eating to when I'm sitting at my kitchen table, I rarely go over my daily calorie limit. If this sounds like you at all, I would suggest just trying one or two days of eating without any distractions (not in front of the TV, computer, while on the phone, etc.) and see if that helps with the night time snacking. Good luck!