Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning and just wanted to cry :sad: My weight didn't move at all from last week, I'm so frustrated! I've only been on here for two weeks. The first week I just watched what I ate and lost 4 lbs, it was great! This past week I started exercising thinking that the numbers would just fly off the scale and instead they haven't budged at all. I'm staying under my calories and drinking between 8-13 glasses of water a day. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone else had this problem? Is my body just in total shock of me exercising it doesn't know what to do? Lol HELP, I need advice!!!

Your food diary isn't visible, so I can't see what you're eating. I'm guessing you aren't getting enough fuel for your body. Our bodies will automatically go in to "Starvation Mode" and not burn anything off if it feels it's not getting enough calories/food. Your body would need sufficient calories, especially since you've added your workouts - your body needs even more fuel to burn.

Here's a good link: http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question457.htm

It explains how to figure out the number of calories YOUR body needs - not just the number of calories your diet plan is.
  • AliceIsRunning
    Options
    Checking in:

SW: 187
    Week #1: 184 (-3)
    Xmas GW: 170

What's our new challenge this week?
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight (10/20/2011) 193.5
    Weight as of Wed.(10/26/2011) 191.5
    Christmas Goal Weight- 178.5
    So far I've lost 2 lbs!
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Count me in please.
    Starting weight 148
    Goal weight 133
    Thanks.
  • kristin335
    Options
    I've only been part of this challenge for 2 days now, but it's been great so far for motivation and support!
    Starting Weight: 157 lbs
    Today: 156.4 lbs

Looking forward to the next challenge!
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

What's our new challenge this week?

We're gonna do push-ups for the next week starting **tomorrow** >> Thursday thru next Wednesday 11/2. Since we're all at different fitness levels, I guess we can each set our own personal goal.

You can do them daily OR every other day OR however you want to.
    You can do the REAL push ups ~ on your toes / straight body
    OR you can do the girly kind ~ on your knees / foot extended back towards thigh (does this make sense?), or not.
    OR you can do them up against a wall/door ~ feet flat on floor, slightly away from wall/door.

any way you can do them....benefits the arms!! Increase with each workout or just do what you can.

YOU DECIDE!!! it's your challenge!! check in and let us know how it's going....tips, support..anything! Get ready to push tomorrow!!

I am going to start with 20 and every other day....girly kind...had shoulder surgery in Feb. the last time I did these my shoulder was sore for almost 2 mos.

*** today is our LAST DAY of the water challenge*** but...you don't have to stop...it's a good one to continue!!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed!!! Checking in girls......

SW: 148
    today 10/26/2011: 149!!!!!
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    195 YAY!
  • RoseNB
    RoseNB Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in too

CW: 131

GW: 121
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    Wow this is becoming quite the group....... I like these to keep me on track.

SW 160.6
    Xmas 145

Ok here is today.......... 158.8 1.8 lbs down.
  • AliceIsRunning
    Options
    Considering I have NO upper body strength, I'm going to try to do 20girly push ups a day. I might have to break into sections - doing a few at a time at different times. So if you're walking down the streets of Los Angeles and you see a woman doing push ups (or trying to) that'll be me! hahaha

Good thing doing push ups are part of JM's 30DS :)
  • kfcirish
    Options
    Please count me in!!

SW 198.6
    Xmas goal 178

Thanks! I just started this week and am looking for some added motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • rlhartley
    rlhartley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Checking In:

Starting weight - 201
    Week 1 - 199 (-2)
    Christmas goal - 186

Good luck to everyone on the push-ups!
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

starting weight 197.8
    current weight 192.2

lot's of water coming and going!! :drinker:

Excellent!
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    SW: 168 (weighed on Saturday)
    CW: 167.4
    Xmas goal: 158
    GW: 135 ish

Feeling pretty good - this group has given me motivation. Been drinking my water. and looking forward to the next challenge. NOT looking forward to having Halloween candy floating around everywhere :ohwell: I do love chocolate!!

Happy hump day!
  • Espy86
    Espy86 Posts: 10
    Options
    :laugh:
    My starting weight is 204 my goal for the holidays is 190
  • Cheri06
    Cheri06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Checking In!!! I see a lot of losses, congrats everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

SW: 230
    CW: 227.4
    X-Mas GW: 218 (less than 10 lbs to go! woooot!)

I really like these challenges! I'm drinking all my water!! However, I don't like the new relationship I have with the restroom.:grumble: My body just needs to hurry up and realize this is a permanent change!! As for this week's challenge, I also have 0 upper body strength so I will have to do around 20 girly push-ups a day. I might increase it depending on how it goes tomorrow.
  • Annie092
    Options
    Checking in:
    SW: 246.2
    This weeks weight: 238.6
    That's 7.6 lbs. But I don't know if that's right. I mean, I thought I had done really good this week with exercise AND with eating, But not THAT good! I used the wheelchair scales at work, the ones we use to weigh our residents, so I would think that they would be right, but I just don't know. Maybe I had just eaten last time? I don't remember. If it is right, is that healthy to lose so much in 5 days?? Ugh!! I don't know what to think!!!! I mean, I'm happy, yet wary.
  • Annie092
    Options
    Also wanted to congratulate everyone on their weight losses!! Great job!!! Keep up the good work! And to everyone who is not seeing the results they want, keep your chin up. This is only the first week, we've got plenty of time left. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Annie092
    Options
    Sorry, one of these days I'll remember to post everything I have to say in the same post......Just wanted to mention what my goals for push-ups would be this next week. I do a lot of lifting at work, but for some reason I absolutely stink at push ups. So I think I will copy what others were going to do. I will start with 20 of them every day. And go from there. :smile: