Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day everyone! Here's my results for week 1...

SW: 168
    CW: 165.8!!
    GW: 158

So excited to be down 2.2 pounds for the week!! This group is really helping my motivation. Good luck to everyone else who'll be stepping on the scale today! :)
  • katlandia
    Options
    Last week: 165 lbs
    This week: 160 lbs
    = -5 lbs!!!

A little less exciting than it seems because I can usually get to 160 fairly easily, but it's good all the same. I've been teetering between 160-165 for the past year, hopefully I'll finally be able to get below that next week.

On another note, I've been eating a bunch of oatmeal lately, and I think it's really helped a lot. I'd definitely recommend it to others, especially if you've been having trouble feeling full. It's a good source of soluble fiber and will lower your bad cholesterol without negatively affecting the good cholesterol. Mix it with some fruits and a little bit of cinnamon and it's pretty tasty!
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on five pounds, awesome job!
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    SW: 150
    Weigh in on 10/26/11: 148.5
    GW: 140

I'm not always convinced my scale is accurate, but I'll take the 1.5 loss.
  • AML04143
    Options
    ohmykats--awesome job on the -5!

Great job to everyone else as well!

I weigh in for another group on Thursdays, so I will post my weight tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday and weigh in day everyone! It looks like everybody did a awesome job!! I did not lose as much as I hoped for but today is another day!! :smile: And this is another week!

SW: 183.4
    CW: 182.2

Crystal
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    SW: 146
    CW: 145.8
    GW: 135

Well.............. I got sick this week so I haven't exercised AT ALL :(

At least I didn't gain anything! Been drinking TONS of water and tea though to help my sore throat. Hoping to be back at it this weekend and see a bigger loss next week!

Keep up the good work all!
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning and just wanted to cry :sad: My weight didn't move at all from last week, I'm so frustrated! I've only been on here for two weeks. The first week I just watched what I ate and lost 4 lbs, it was great! This past week I started exercising thinking that the numbers would just fly off the scale and instead they haven't budged at all. I'm staying under my calories and drinking between 8-13 glasses of water a day. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone else had this problem? Is my body just in total shock of me exercising it doesn't know what to do? Lol HELP, I need advice!!!

Maybe eat a few more of your calories? I know that when I started to really work out, the same thing happened to me and when I was told to make sure to eat more calories, that worked and the scale moved again this week. I haven't gone over, and I don't usually eat back all of my exercise calories, but I do try to hit my daily goal. Not sure if this would work for you also, but it did work for me!

^^ this for sure!! If you are not eating your exercise calories, you are putting your body in a deficit. Think of it this way...you eat, you exercise...which then burns calories. your body needs to replace those calories. Now, I realize this is different for everyone, whether it works or not....OR whether they believe it or not. trust me, you need to eat as close to your calorie goal as possible after exercising. it increases for a reason...to EAT!! I kinda look at it this way too...the more I exercise, the more I get to eat! :bigsmile:

You can also research forums on here about eating exercise calories back.
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Today's weight - 161.4. I didn't lose anything :( I think I need some help...
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    I would love to"join" but I'm not sure how these groups work and what it means to "join". I'm fairly new to the message board stuff!

SW 10/26/2011: 194
    GW 12/25/2011: 174

I need major motivation! I've been stuck at -16 for over a month!
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh in day! I lost 3 lbs!

sw: 265
    cw; 262
    cgw: 250
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I would love to"join" but I'm not sure how these groups work and what it means to "join". I'm fairly new to the message board stuff!

SW 10/26/2011: 194
    GW 12/25/2011: 174

I need major motivation! I've been stuck at -16 for over a month!

just posting here and you're in!! We formed a week ago...and will be open (always). You can weigh any day of the week, but Wednesday's we will post that weight. We are currently doing a water challenge and starting tomorrow, we are going to do a push up challenge. They will run week to week...and I think the next one is about being mindful of what we eat. More on that next week.

Welcome and good luck on your wt loss journey!
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm in, though the holidays are tough!! I've got to change something.

Starting weight 190.4
    Goal weight 170 (by Christmas)
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Today's weight - 161.4. I didn't lose anything :( I think I need some help...

hey, it's ok. Are you logging all food that you eat? drinking enough water? getting some good sleep? it could be A LOT of things. wt loss requires a TON of patience!! seriously!! and like I said above, make sure you are eating the recommended calories given to you. eating too few will only harm your efforts. keep at it, the scale will move!!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options

starting weight 197.8
    current weight 192.2

lot's of water coming and going!! :drinker:
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    New here so when do you post the challenges? Where do I post on Wed weigh ins? Here, or in my own weigh in spot? And if I do my own weigh in spot, do you get the information? Sorry, new and know nothing.:flowerforyou:
  • asampson98
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 165 lbs.
    Christmas GW: 150 lbs.
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    New here so when do you post the challenges? Where do I post on Wed weigh ins? Here, or in my own weigh in spot? And if I do my own weigh in spot, do you get the information? Sorry, new and know nothing.:flowerforyou:

the challenges are from Thursday to Wednesday ( a week long ). we just randomly talk about them in the thread. You can post right here on this thread for your weigh in. if you don't post here, you can *message* me too. no problem with quest....just ask..someone will help you out!:flowerforyou:
  • Jaeger_meister
    Options
    SW: 185
    CGW: 170
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

SW; 160.5
    CW: 159.6