knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'll join.

SW = 88.6kg
    GW= 84kg
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Julie and I would love to join! Definitely need all the motivation that I can get!
    CW 226
    GW for Xmas 210
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 187
    Xmas GW: 170
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    I'm in!!!

SW: 185
    Xmas GW: 175
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    In! Gw: 100lbs(am really short)

was wondering if you have a starting weight..getting ready to add info to a chart! :smile: thanks!

This is AWESOME!! over 20 people already! Feel free to add me as a friend! I have a meeting soon and will check in again before bedtime...with a challenge for those participating! Challenges will run from Thursday to Wednesday...and Wednesday (when we post our weights) a new challenge will be given.

Have a great Wednesday eve all!!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Should have a challenge of 30 pushups ( from knees or toes ) a day... is a free, muscle sculpting excercise that really works the chest, arms and upper back. Let's be honest, who of us would like to show up to a holiday meal.. with sleek tight arms????
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    ok, so for our 1st challenge, I think we'll keep it simple. How bout increasing our water intake? this is no problem for some, but difficult for others. The recommended daily allowance could be a debate, but if you're on the low side, try to increase it, and if you're just wanting to improve, here's your chance! We all know there are a many benefits to drinking water...so fill up your cups, glasses, bottles and canteens...and go back for more!

This starts tomorrow, Thursday 10/20 and ends next Wednesday 10/26. Good luck everyone!:drinker:

re the push-ups...good idea! that is one of the areas I dislike the MOST. I think with all the yo-yo dieting I did for 15+ yrs, and never any resistance training really damaged my triceps. Not sure I can do much there, but I am willing to try! I have a question tho...is it ok to do push-ups every day? does there need to be a day or 2 off between working the triceps? I don't want to be doing them every day and it not being beneficial. I always hear about taking a day off so muscles can repair and rebuild...don't know if push-ups fall into this "theory"? anyone?

How did everyone's day go? Mine was ok. I think I am under calories a little, but a big improvement from yesterday. I managed to get outside and do 2 separate walks. It has been f.o.r.e.v.e.r!!

See you tomorrow!!
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    IM IN
    STARTING AT ** 185
    XMAS TIME** 167
  • markymark25
    markymark25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I would like to join. Just need a group to join to help motivate. Thanks!

Starting weight - 250
    Christmas Goal - 235
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! How is everyone doing on their H2O intake so far? I'm at 24 oz and counting at 8:10 a.m. Shooting for 80 oz by end of day. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
  • rlhartley
    rlhartley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Starting weight - 201
    Christmas goal - 186
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am in!! This sounds great! I have been looking for a group to join that was not closed, It looks like I am just in time! I need the water motivation, I didn't use to have a hard time with this but lately I have been drinking too much green tea. I have a question about the water intake though, can you put crystal lite in it or is it just plain water? LOL! :tongue:

Good luck everyone this will be awesome motivation!! :smile:

Starting Weight: 183.6
    Christmas goal: 166
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Mom2lyla: Awesome on the water intake! Wow!:drinker:
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Im so in!

CW:181
    GW 170
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Ziesergirl_66: I also like the title "Merry Christmas to You" for our name! :happy:

Crystal
  • TakenControl
    Options
    I would like to join also.

SW- 278
    Christmas GW - 258
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am in!! This sounds great! I have been looking for a group to join that was not closed, It looks like I am just in time! I need the water motivation, I didn't use to have a hard time with this but lately I have been drinking too much green tea. I have a question about the water intake though, can you put crystal lite in it or is it just plain water? LOL! :tongue:

Good luck everyone this will be awesome motivation!! :smile:

Starting Weight: 183.6
    Christmas goal: 166

I don't put anything in mine because I'm trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners, etc. But when I first started forcing myself to get more water in during the day, I used Crystal Light to ease myself into it! Then I would start using 1/2 pack per bottle instead of a full one, and eventually just did without.
    What helps me most is I bought a special travel cup that I really like that holds 32 oz--it's nice to know I only have to drink 2 cups to get my 64 oz instead of like 8 glasses/bottles etc. Now I usually go over and above the 64 oz each day!
    And green tea is a pretty good way to hydrate--good for the metabolism as long as you're not putting a bunch of sugar in it!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I need the water motivation, I didn't use to have a hard time with this but lately I have been drinking too much green tea. I have a question about the water intake though, can you put crystal lite in it or is it just plain water? LOL! :tongue

I don't put anything in mine because I'm trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners, etc. But when I first started forcing myself to get more water in during the day, I used Crystal Light to ease myself into it! Then I would start using 1/2 pack per bottle instead of a full one, and eventually just did without.
    What helps me most is I bought a special travel cup that I really like that holds 32 oz--it's nice to know I only have to drink 2 cups to get my 64 oz instead of like 8 glasses/bottles etc. Now I usually go over and above the 64 oz each day!
    And green tea is a pretty good way to hydrate--good for the metabolism as long as you're not putting a bunch of sugar in it!

I totally agree with this ^^^^ I have an aluminum bottle that also holds 32 oz. I try to have one down by noonish, and the other by supper time. anything after that is bonus!! Occ'l I buy some fresh lemons or limes and slice them and add to my water. I have sliced them and kept them in the freezer then take out when I need one. Drinking water is soo soo good for you. You will be visiting the bathroom a lot, and a good sign is that it will be lighter in color! I don't drink too much after supper or near bedtime or I'll be up during the nite disrupting my beauty sleep:wink:

Off to get some groceries....fresh fruits and veggies!! Will check in later!

Hey, WELCOME to the newbies!! Glad to have you here! :flowerforyou:

Get drinkin' peeps!:drinker:
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm in! current weight 146 - goal for Christmas 135

Well, better get drinking water :)