Ripped in 30 starting 24/10/11

Options

Replies

• Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Great to have so many people on board! Looking forward to getting started! I haven't been exercising for a while now so we'll see how it goes.
  • Gualirix
    Options
    Hurray! Nice to have that people joining!!

What sort of weights does everyone use?

When I started I was using 3 lbs and I was hurting, but that was four months ago. I am going to use 15 lbs just to chanllenge myself. If not, then I decrease it to 8 or 10 lbs.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    First day down for me...luckily wasnt that much of a shock since i just finished the shred but i suspect the next levels will be rather intense..lol
  • kcstens
    kcstens Posts: 18
    Options
    I just came across this - Good timing! :) Will be started 30 DS with yous, I want to measure but I don't have measuring tape !! Maybe will go and get one later !
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    Day one!!! DONE!!!!! but what a killer ,,,, this is gonna work,,i can feel it already,,,im sore,,,,,lol but then again,,, doing nothing for a while, and wake up with Jillian,,,its hard,,haha i think im gonna do this as a after work thing......

But its DONE!!!! thats what matther!! whats thing you like the most on it??
    I love the way she talked like, come on,,,you wann a wear thoses sleeveless shirts?? you want this you want that??
    it pumped me right up!!! and i was litterally answering loud, yeah !! yeah!!!!YEAH I WANT IT!!!!!
    Push ups?? i hate,,some glad i wont see them in week 2,,,, i was some weak this morning, again, from being a couch potatoe..... and i only managed it the way the other "easy lady" do it,,on my knees,,,,,
    how bout you!! wanna share some thoughts???? im gonna be here everyday, specially in 3-4 days, which is when i usually quit anything,,, but now, i dont, as i am pumped showing you some yesterday pictures, and in 30 days, i would like to show you the littel improvments i acheive due to this group, and our focus!!!! high five!!!!
  • kcstens
    Options
    Yay I'm done with day 1 too :) Frst time I've used this site .. i'm hoping i'll get past day 10 this time :D I'm hoping to do 6W6P/killer buns along side too ? Maybe I'm being a bit too ambitious , does evryone do cardio alongside it too ? I really need to measure as I know it's motivating when you start to see some imporvement!
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Day 1 complete! I used 5 LB weights, which was good since it challenged me- BUT I almost dropped them when doing the side lunges w/ front arm raises- BRUTAL! I might have to get my 3LBS out for that one and then go back to my 5's for the rest...OR i could just suck it up I guess. hahaha!
    My fav move would have to be the squat w/ over head lifts- i neeeeed the dreaded backs of my legs TONE!!
    Cant wait for day 2!!

flabwillbefab- Im with you on the PUSH UPS!! I thought I could 'hang' and started off doing the normal ones- only to end up on my knees after about 3. haha. Hoping to be able to work up to all normal ones by the end of week 1...but I will NOT be sad to see them GO!!!!!! hahahha

kcstens - I try and get another form of strait cardio in too- 3-4ish times a week on top of the video. I normally run (sometimes a steady run sometimes a HIIT) on the treadmill for about 30 mins (or 3ish miles).
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I haven't done mine yet. I will be doing it during my lunch break. I use three and five lb weights. Just depends on my activity level prior to working out. bought the Killer buns and thighs dvd so I may do it along with 30 DS. Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    haha i ear you!!!!!! wtg!!!! we are gonna do this!!!!!!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I started 30DS last night, but would love to join a group for some support!
  • sherriajones
    sherriajones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Done! Now lets see if I can keep it up and get up EVRY morning and do it! How many calories does everyone burn doing this?
    Good Job everyone!!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Day 1 Done! Now lets see if I can keep it up and get up EVRY morning and do it! How many calories does everyone burn doing this?
    Good Job everyone!!

I wish I knew...I NEED A HRM. not really even sure how to log on this site or if I should under or over est the cals burned!

Anyone using a HRM for this workout?
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Can I join? I started 30DS last night, but would love to join a group for some support!

I think there are a few people on here doing Shred as well! :flowerforyou:
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this thread. Can I join? I just finished my first day of Ripped!
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    bump
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    sure !!! we need all the support we can get!!! she is though!!!!! im in pain,,,, but it will be all wort it!!!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    sure !!! we need all the support we can get!!! she is though!!!!! im in pain,,,, but it will be all wort it!!!
    Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to giving/getting support!
  • kcstens
    Options
    Day2Level1 ---- Come on groupy!! i'm just off to the gym now as I'm feeling super energised gonna try and get some cardio in - I want to see results!! :D xx
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Day 2 down! Feeling a little sore today...and I LOVE IT! bring on the pain! haha. Also added a 20 min run on my lunch break yesterday. Will do again today!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    :happy: Day one down yesterday. Have been running now for about a month - not a whole lot - using eliptical and stationary bike. I AM SORE! Having not done lunges and squats for a little over a month is killer! but oh so worth it. Looking forward to day 2 today.