Ripped in 30 starting 24/10/11

Options

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing it a couple of days per week and my exercise bike the other days :) I've done quite a lot of 30 day shred and no more trouble zones, and only done ripped in 30 a few times :)
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bumpin it!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Day 1 Done! Now lets see if I can keep it up and get up EVRY morning and do it! How many calories does everyone burn doing this?
    Good Job everyone!!

I use Circuit Training under Cardio to log the calorie burn.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Yay I'm done with day 1 too :) Frst time I've used this site .. i'm hoping i'll get past day 10 this time :D I'm hoping to do 6W6P/killer buns along side too ? Maybe I'm being a bit too ambitious , does evryone do cardio alongside it too ? I really need to measure as I know it's motivating when you start to see some imporvement!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I actually started a 30+30 in 30 challenge on my own. I started yesterday, too!! I'll be so much more accountable if I'm posting to a group. I'm doing Jillian 30DS + 30 min. of cardio (mostly elliptical) for 30 days leading up to my birthday on Nov. 23rd. I may switch to Ripped since I did 2 rounds of 30DS this summer. But I have totally slacked since school started!

I use 5 lb. weighs for most exercises. 8lb weights for things like chest flies & bicep curls. I, too, hate push ups at first but a week or two in they make me feel really strong! My arms got really defined this summer and I want to get that back.

I will post a check each day but some days it may be brief as I can only post from my phone on days I can't access the computer.

Rip it up!!
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I actually started a 30+30 in 30 challenge on my own. I started yesterday, too!! I'll be so much more accountable if I'm posting to a group. I'm doing Jillian 30DS + 30 min. of cardio (mostly elliptical) for 30 days leading up to my birthday on Nov. 23rd. I may switch to Ripped since I did 2 rounds of 30DS this summer. But I have totally slacked since school started!

I use 5 lb. weighs for most exercises. 8lb weights for things like chest flies & bicep curls. I, too, hate push ups at first but a week or two in they make me feel really strong! My arms got really defined this summer and I want to get that back.

I will post a check each day but some days it may be brief as I can only post from my phone on days I can't access the computer.

Rip it up!!

welcome!

I think I will up my 5lbs to 8lbs depending on the exercise- to challenge myself more. I cant wait to love (or at least LIKE) push-ups. definition is my goal!
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    day 2 done, and made me realise how much of a couch potato i have been,,,,, sigh,,,, discusted by that, and thats what gave me the energy/motivation to do it today,,, im hurt,,haha but i'd ratther hurt muscle wise, than hurt , sitting on my *kitten*,,,,,, feeling sorry i look that way,,,, water,,i --need
    water,,,,lol
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Day 2...Complete! +42 min. of cardio. My arms were sore today & abs really felt it during the workout!
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    so,,ive been fat since the last 7 years, and am now ready to do something about it,,,, but, i have no knowledge what so ever on this, i am learning to re-do a menu, for a alltime change life style,,,
    1 questions that i have,,,and i was always too shy to ask, but i need to know for my own personal growth,,,,,, mesurements,,, where???? and how often?/
    like arms at the biggest? and breast at the biggest? and waiste?? and legs?? all at the biggest spot right? am i missing something>
  • cgavin77
    Options
    so,,ive been fat since the last 7 years, and am now ready to do something about it,,,, but, i have no knowledge what so ever on this, i am learning to re-do a menu, for a alltime change life style,,,
    1 questions that i have,,,and i was always too shy to ask, but i need to know for my own personal growth,,,,,, mesurements,,, where???? and how often?/
    like arms at the biggest? and breast at the biggest? and waiste?? and legs?? all at the biggest spot right? am i missing something>

I found this on a site a few months ago... I would say that REALLY all that matter is where ever you decide to measure make sure you take the measurements from the VERY same place each time. (writing it down helps me! ex: "highest part of thigh" or "right below belly button".)

How to Measure

• Height - measured without shoes
    • Weight - taken in the morning without clothes after going to the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything
    • Waist (Men) - measure horizontally, at the level of the navel
    (Women) - measure horizontally, at the level of minimal abdominal width
    • Neck - measure below the larynx with the tape sloping slightly downward to the front.
    • Hips (Women only) - Largest horizontal circumference around the hips

as for how often...I dont like to get depressed when i see NO changes in a week! so I tend to measure at the first of each month. But since we are doing the Ripped in 30 challenge I wanted to see if my measurements changed so I took them the day we started and will again when we're done!
    :) I hope that helps....
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Finish day two today. Feeling pretty good. Not sore like I was hoping/expecting. Today was a little hard just because my toddler was underneath me half the time. lol :)
  • MissMed07
    Options
    I am with you!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am finally back! I only started today! I really liked it though. I haven't been exercising all summer more or less and when I got started again today it just felt right! I am glad to be back exercising! I think the workout is great!

I am loving the activity here! Great to have everyone on board!!

Tomorrow I will have to get up early to exercise before work! That will be tough! I have to do though! After work I am going to a dance class so I want to do Ripped in the morning! Keep me accountable ladies :-)

Have a great day everyone and see you tomorrow!
  • Aimer45
    Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I just found this thread as well, and am doing Ripped in 30 for 30 days until my 30th birthday on November 23! I am also doing some running a few days a week. I did Day 1 today and it didn't seem as bad as 30 day shred which I had been doing (but never finished) a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to staying motivated with everyone!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    day 3 went well...I love that I dont get bored w/ the workout- since I tend to when I do something day after day. I look forward to seeing what "brutal-ness" she has in store for the weeks to come. haha

**QUESTION** Are you guys planning on doing each week for 5 days (as in Mon-Fri) or are you including the weekends at all? I know she says at the start of the dvd to take a day (or two) off per week... Wondering what you all plan on doing. I was thinking I would take only one day as a rest day- But not sure!

:) thanks!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    (weird I made a post and it deleted!)

...looks like its there now:huh:
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Finished day three of level one of 30 DS. This is my second round of it. Hopefully it won't take me 45 days to finish this time lol. I plan on taking the weekends off from 30DS and just do other fun activities.
  • kcstens
    kcstens Posts: 18
    Options
    Good day everyone :) Day3level1 DS complete & Killer buns added for extra measure - Hope I can walk tomorrow :/ !! This is where I find it difficult to fit in exercise or just the motivation really as I'm flying tonight and then in hotels for a couple of nights .... I'm taking the laptop with me so I have no excuse and my trusty water weights ;) Wooo wish me luck for the next few days ... keep it up everyone .. P.s I took measurements yesterday so now I shall have something to look at by the end of the month !! xxx
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I had something last minute come up and didn't get to Shred last night.

I'll switch my day off (Friday) for yesterday and won't lose a day :)

Happy Shredding/Ripping!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Finished day 3 this morning before work. I'll hit the elliptical when I get home this afternon. Boy, am I sore today!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Aimer45 , what a coincidence! Let's stick to it & give ourselves a fabulous birthday present...better health & hopefully a better body.