Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tim tebow

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
are you a fan or no?

hubby has been watching some documentaries on him lately. he seems like a nice young man, but i think quinn would be a better choice to start. do you think heart and high energy is better than aim and fundamentals?

Replies

• southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    hell yes but im abit biased..UF fan here so this was a no brainer . Plus he seems to be a great kid. GO GATORS
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    I actually don't know Mr. Tebow. Is he nice? I am generally a fan of the nice guys.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Gator Fan here...he's a great guy and in spite of what Elway and Co have been trying to do to sabotage him he's always ALWAYS kept his head up. All he does is win, work his tail off and wear his heart and religion on his sleeve. For goodness sake, at the ESPYs his group was drinking and Tim ordered MILK at the bar. No problems, no drinking...nothing.

He always gave his time freely to his fans and to children/charities. People basically can't really find something wrong on him so they knock him for his faith. That's it. That's all they can harp on. That and mechanics but folks then are in love with Newton. The difference? Newton was Tebow's BACKUP at Florida.

Anyways, huge Tebow fan, and I'm really hoping he does well. But right now the media and Elway are so against him, he could score 10 TDs this weekend and it won't be enough. Elway is a jealous power freak who hates how Tebow has taken over his stronghold as Denver's favorite.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I only wish they trade him to the Vikings so he and Percy can get together :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    We'll find out if Tebow is NFL material. His mechanics are bad and he can't read defenses well. There have been many great specimens of athleticism who were first round picks that didn't pan out. He does have the support of the fans, but if you don't win, it will be a short lived career.
  • couponfun
    We'll find out if Tebow is NFL material. His mechanics are bad and he can't read defenses well. There have been many great specimens of athleticism who were first round picks that didn't pan out. He does have the support of the fans, but if you don't win, it will be a short lived career.

Very true...but there have been other QB's that have not had good mechanics that have done very well. And there are others with perfect mechanics that have bombed in the NFL. You have to have more than just the base mechanics. You cannot train heart or will to win, or inspiring your team to fight back. Frankly what has hurt the most has been no off-season/shortened training camp, 2 systems in 2 years, a GM who is in love with himself AND Andrew Luck, and a coach who doesn't know how to use his skills. That's been the thing at Carolina with Newton. The new coach looked at Newton and made the gameplan AROUND Newton, making sure to use his skills to their advantage. With Tebow there has been no such thing, and even then, look at his record and numbers - not bad considering.

He would have benefited from 1-2 years behind a decent QB in a good system while learning to read defenses, etc, but Denver doesn't have that. Add to that the fact that Elway and Co traded away Brandon Lloyd for a 6th round pick and it's almost like they want him to fail so that they can say to the fans, "we told you so."

Like I said, I hope they trade him to a team that will appreciate him and know how to use him.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    I think he can be a great leader, and is a great guy.

Whether he can play QB in the NFL and win is another thing.
    It's not like he out performed the other Quarterbacks in camp, he didn't. If he did, he'd be starting.

I do not like how the Broncos seem to be toying with him though.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Very true...but there have been other QB's that have not had good mechanics that have done very well. And there are others with perfect mechanics that have bombed in the NFL. You have to have more than just the base mechanics. You cannot train heart or will to win, or inspiring your team to fight back. Frankly what has hurt the most has been no off-season/shortened training camp, 2 systems in 2 years, a GM who is in love with himself AND Andrew Luck, and a coach who doesn't know how to use his skills. That's been the thing at Carolina with Newton. The new coach looked at Newton and made the gameplan AROUND Newton, making sure to use his skills to their advantage. With Tebow there has been no such thing, and even then, look at his record and numbers - not bad considering.

He would have benefited from 1-2 years behind a decent QB in a good system while learning to read defenses, etc, but Denver doesn't have that. Add to that the fact that Elway and Co traded away Brandon Lloyd for a 6th round pick and it's almost like they want him to fail so that they can say to the fans, "we told you so."

Like I said, I hope they trade him to a team that will appreciate him and know how to use him.

I agree to an extent BUT Newton has a much better deep ball and his throwing mechanics is an over under which leads to less knocked down passes. Tebow is trying to adjust to that style of passing but his deep ball isn't there. Tebow needs to be inside 20-25 yards to be effective.. In essence he is a Steve Young with better wheels. They need to endorse the west coast offense in Denver and keep it short passing plays.

As for other Newton vs Tebow comparisons..

Newton is a slightly better runner and a marginally better passer. Add in the fact he has a better team surrounding him and he is in a much better position then Tebow. That is the biggest key for a NFL QB. Tom Brady isn't a super gifted QB. He plays behind one of the best NFL lines and has amazing talent surrounding him. Example.. Matt Cassell look what he did behind the Patriots O-Line...then he came to KC. The team surrounding the QB is just as important if not more important then the QB's talents himself.
  • couponfun

I agree to an extent BUT Newton has a much better deep ball and his throwing mechanics is an over under which leads to less knocked down passes. Tebow is trying to adjust to that style of passing but his deep ball isn't there. Tebow needs to be inside 20-25 yards to be effective.. In essence he is a Steve Young with better wheels. They need to endorse the west coast offense in Denver and keep it short passing plays.

As for other Newton vs Tebow comparisons..

Newton is a slightly better runner and a marginally better passer. Add in the fact he has a better team surrounding him and he is in a much better position then Tebow. That is the biggest key for a NFL QB. Tom Brady isn't a super gifted QB. He plays behind one of the best NFL lines and has amazing talent surrounding him. Example.. Matt Cassell look what he did behind the Patriots O-Line...then he came to KC. The team surrounding the QB is just as important if not more important then the QB's talents himself.

completely agree with the supporting cast thing and the system thing. Again, though, Fox and Co don't seem inclined to do anything that might seem to help him - heck they traded Lloyd for a 6th round pick instead of getting him more weapons or help on the line.

as for his passing....here's a bit from cbssportsline : "Known for his ability to run with the ball, Tebow closed out his career ranked 11th in Southeastern Conference history with 9,285 yards passing, tying for third in those record books with 88 touchdown passes, as his pass efficiency rating of 170.79 set the all-time SEC record. He also holds the conference career-record for total offense with 12,232 yards and in touchdowns responsible for (145). Those 145 touchdowns rank second on the NCAA Football Bowl Division record charts, as his pass efficiency rating is also a major college football all-time mark. "

So he can pass - he needs a system suited to his strengths and a good cast and a coach and GM that actually want to work with him and not looking for him to fail so they can feel better about themselves.

Anyhow...again, my 2 cents :wink:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    what did you think of the dolphin/broncos game? 95% dull/frustrating and 5% exciting. does tebow get a pass for all the errors because they won the game?
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    People expect errors off Tim. He isn't technically great but he makes things happen! He wasn't great technically, but he made it happen! Plus he is a fantasy king.
  • couponfun
    Tebow gets a pass for the following reasons:

1. He has no receivers. They traded away his ONE GOOD receiver for a 6th round pick. Those receivers that are left weren't always catching balls they were supposed to catch.

2. Fox and Co refuse to tailor a gameplan for Tebow. It's when he finally relaxed and started doing his own thing that he finally does well. He is not Kyle Orton.

3. Technically he's still a rookie. Think on the amount of time others have had to work at the college to NFL transition.

4. Fox and Co refuse to have ANY faith in him and refused to name him the starter. It can't help when your own team refuses to have confidence in you and cheer for you.

5. As the game progressed he got better and better, and I think you'll see a lot of improvement.

With all the day's losses/wins, Bronco fans just realized that they're something, like, 2 games back so the season is NOT lost.

Go Gators, and Go Tebow :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Tom Brady isn't a super gifted QB. He plays behind one of the best NFL lines and has amazing talent surrounding him
    While Brady's O line is good, it's not the same line he's had for 9 years. Brady is very good, talented and accurate. Always has been one of the top QB's even without super talented receivers.
  • couponfun
    Tom Brady isn't a super gifted QB. He plays behind one of the best NFL lines and has amazing talent surrounding him
    While Brady's O line is good, it's not the same line he's had for 9 years. Brady is very good, talented and accurate. Always has been one of the top QB's even without super talented receivers.

Brady's also been in the league longer and has a much better staff around him, coaching and playing. As the game progressed you could see his reads, etc, getting better, and even the pundits admitted that a few of his incomplete passes were ones that Lloyd would've likely come up with. He himself admitted that he was nervous and too afraid to mess up, and when everyone loosened up that's when things changed.

Doesn't help that the owner/coach have no faith in him and won't support him, that the play calling has been left the same as if Orton was in (when Tebow ran "his" offense in so-called "garbage time" THAT'S when the magic happened)...but give him time. There's improvement already - although word is that the Miami owner was hoping Denver would lose and he'd tank so he could go after Tebow.

He has the "it" that some others so. You can't teach heart, you can't teach drive, and you can't teach the will to get it done and fight no matter what, until the very last is left on that field. THAT'S Tebow.

BTW, Peyton Manning was 3-13 his first season. Just saying :smile:
  • couponfun
    On the bright side all the cheering and jumping up and down I did yesterday seeing the highlights (in freakin' NY so we had the stupid jets game) counts as cardio!! :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Brady's also been in the league longer and has a much better staff around him, coaching and playing. As the game progressed you could see his reads, etc, getting better, and even the pundits admitted that a few of his incomplete passes were ones that Lloyd would've likely come up with. He himself admitted that he was nervous and too afraid to mess up, and when everyone loosened up that's when things changed.

Doesn't help that the owner/coach have no faith in him and won't support him, that the play calling has been left the same as if Orton was in (when Tebow ran "his" offense in so-called "garbage time" THAT'S when the magic happened)...but give him time. There's improvement already - although word is that the Miami owner was hoping Denver would lose and he'd tank so he could go after Tebow.

He has the "it" that some others so. You can't teach heart, you can't teach drive, and you can't teach the will to get it done and fight no matter what, until the very last is left on that field. THAT'S Tebow.

BTW, Peyton Manning was 3-13 his first season. Just saying :smile:
    Years ago there was a quarterback who inspired people with his heart, play making ability and was loved by the fans. He put his all into playing, but yet the teams never did well in rankings and didn't continued on to the playoffs. Do you remember Doug Flutie?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    At some point you can't keep blaming the coach or the gm or the receivers...running backs and TE's next?
    He's got heart that's for sure. I agree the west coast offense would suit him great!
  • ninerbuff
    With an 18.2 rating against a sad defense, what will happen when he faces a good defense? It's just one game so far, but for the majority of the game he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn passing.
  • ninerbuff
    Boom! Tebow fans back to reality! Just like last week he was horrible and took 7 sacks this game along with throwing under 50 percent again. There will be crickets on this thread soon.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Boom! Tebow fans back to reality! Just like last week he was horrible and took 7 sacks this game along with throwing under 50 percent again. There will be crickets on this thread soon.

I adore you now. lol