Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tim tebow

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I don't know if you saw, but a topic on Tebow became the most commented in ESPN history. It was effectively a list of:

[Something Bad] > Tebow

It's still going: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/34680/time-for-elway-to-think-post-tebow

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Big heart, little talent at QB. Poor mechanics and a poor team. No shot at being successful there. Maybe at tight end or fullback....maybe.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    NO. I'm a fan of good football playing, and he does not possess that talent IN THE NFL.

I'm a Floridian so I am often bombarded with Tebow-ites (my brother is one). Most people who are on Team Tebow are Gator fans. He was great in college. He simply isn't built to be an NFL quarterback. He should be a fullback.
    You cannot train heart or will to win, or inspiring your team to fight back.

I feel that this is the only defense he ever has.
    what did you think of the dolphin/broncos game? 95% dull/frustrating and 5% exciting. does tebow get a pass for all the errors because they won the game?

I was at the game. He was TERRIBLE. The only reason Denver won is because the Dolphins suck something awful.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    SUH!

Detroit stomped all over Denver. 45-10. Geezus. Tebow....yeah... not a fan.

Suh is talented no doubt, but is quickly getting a reputation for being one of the dirtiest players in the NFL.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Big heart, little talent at QB. Poor mechanics and a poor team. No shot at being successful there. Maybe at tight end or fullback....maybe.

I think could be a decent RB or FB but a little undersized for TE.

Probably does not have the mentality to be a RB or FB in the NFL though.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    I really don't care if my football players are nice guys. I'm a nice guy. Doesn't mean I should be playing pro football.

Ben Roethlisberger is an absolute jerk and a misogynist. And that's being kind. Every one in this city has a story about Ben being a jerk, including me. But he's a great QB. I love seeing him play. That's his job and I support him because he's great at it.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member

I think could be a decent RB or FB but a little undersized for TE.

Probably does not have the mentality to be a RB or FB in the NFL though.

A flanker. He can line up in the backfield, go out for a pass like a TE. He can take a hand off then throw like LT has done in the past.
    Opens up all kinds of play ops at especially the goal line.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    SUH!

Detroit stomped all over Denver. 45-10. Geezus. Tebow....yeah... not a fan.

Suh is talented no doubt, but is quickly getting a reputation for being one of the dirtiest players in the NFL.

Funny because in college ball, he was heralded for his playing.
  • bhoochy
    bhoochy Posts: 35 Member
    I"m am a Coloradan!!! I actually live across the street from the Broncos training center (stalkers need not apply) I like Tebow, I think he's the real Deal but...I don't think he's the savior everyone was hoping he would be to salvage the football season. I didn't like Orton AT ALL but....Tebow has alot of pressure on him and I don't think he's up to task. I"ve said Brady Quinn all along bc at least he's beautiful to watch. =) There is something about Tebow that I have to defend and it's the Tebowing trend. People are jerks......

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/227715/345/Drew-Soicher-Tebowing-Commentary
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    I"m am a Coloradan!!! I actually live across the street from the Broncos training center (stalkers need not apply) I like Tebow, I think he's the real Deal but...I don't think he's the savior everyone was hoping he would be to salvage the football season. I didn't like Orton AT ALL but....Tebow has alot of pressure on him and I don't think he's up to task. I"ve said Brady Quinn all along bc at least he's beautiful to watch. =) There is something about Tebow that I have to defend and it's the Tebowing trend. People are jerks......

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/227715/345/Drew-Soicher-Tebowing-Commentary

Still feel the same?? ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member

Still feel the same?? ;)
    I give credit where credit is due. Tebow played VERY well last week. The Steelers dared him to throw by stacking the line and he burned them for 300 yards passing. Half time the Steelers caught on and came back to tie it, but the Broncos deserved to win that game. Demarius Thomas is a beast and killed the secondary. I'm glad the Steelers are out.
    They got plastered the last time they played the Pats. Let's see how that game goes before entrenching Tebow as the permanent QB of the Broncos. I do believe in the Tim "Placebo" effect though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    I'm a big Pats fan.

I am NOT a fan of Tim Tebow the football player (as a person I'm not judging). But what I don't like is what the media is doing to him. Besides the SNL skit of course - which was hilarious. If you haven't seen it, youtube it.
  • couponfun
    It's fine...to be honest I'm a massive Tebow fan, but with the weather conditions, the location, Tom Brady...I don't know that they'll win. But considering where they started, the constant barrage of criticism against Tebow, etc., the fact they were lucky to even be in the playoffs...to then win a playoff game was an incredible feat. Anything beyond is icing on the cake.

Keep in mind this kid hasn't had a full NFL year as a starter yet. Imagine how good he can be with Elway working with him (which he now says he'll do), and imagine if they continue to improve on his receivers (how many of his passes went to wide open guys that were then dropped?)

I literally cried after the Steelers game. Huge Gator fans here, and we watched Tebow from his high school years, through recruiting, through the battle to get him (Almost went to Alabama)...all the garbage he went through then, too...to see him develop now...it's almost like watching your own kid grow up in front of you and succeed when most around him want him to fail and fail big...just because he's a good guy. I was almost like a proud mama :flowerforyou:
  • couponfun
    I'm a big Pats fan.

I am NOT a fan of Tim Tebow the football player (as a person I'm not judging). But what I don't like is what the media is doing to him. Besides the SNL skit of course - which was hilarious. If you haven't seen it, youtube it.

Good Luck Saturday...kind of funny that one of Tebow's favorite targets torched him last time (Hernandez)....Wonder if Spikes will say hi (friends at Florida) :smile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    he's a cutie! :blushing:
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    No, I think he's a big phony. But I'm a Seminole fan... haha
  • Only because of Florida State, other than that, bleh!
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    I'm a Wisconsinite and love Aaron Rodgers. That being said, Tim Tebow seems like a great guy.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I don't know anything about him. All that I gathered from someone who asked this on her wall was that "He's hot, he's a virgin, he's uber religious, he's an ok quarterback, and he keeps winning and winning! And he prays.". Independently from what I previously quoted, he sounds like a good role model for kids.