Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tim tebow

Replies

• couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Boom! Tebow fans back to reality! Just like last week he was horrible and took 7 sacks this game along with throwing under 50 percent again. There will be crickets on this thread soon.

Considering this isn't a sports board I'm not expecting there to be a ton of activity about this :laugh:

Now, as a big Tebow supporter - yes he had a bad game. You know who else scored one touchdown yesterday? Drew Brees, Matt Shaub, A.J. Feeley, Matt Hasselbeck, Curtis Painter, Kevin Kolb (47.8 percentage) - and Joe Flacco didn't score at all.

So are fans of those other players supposed to say "OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS OVER!!!" No. Tebow needs to learn. All Tebow fans wanted was the CHANCE for him to play. He had a bad game against a good defense. The Tebow factor will be what he does now in ADJUSTING to what he's seen. I mean, really, what has he seen defense-wise all season? Oh, by the way, WHAT RECEIVERS does he have? Run game - his main RB is OUT still after hand surgery. Oh and the Denver line?? One of THE worst rated lines in the league. So yes he was sacked 7 times. Having a line that is the equivalent of an open door will do that as well.

As usual all that will happen this week is all the Tebow haters - who frankly hate him for nothing more than his religion and his emotion - will come out jumping for joy going "WE TOLD YOU! WE TOLD YOU!! HA HA HA HA"

BTW, would love to see all those who are fans of Peyton Manning, even John Elway, Troy Aikman come out on the social networks during THEIR first years as starters.

Manning 3-13
    Elway's AVERAGE % rating his rookie year.... 47.5

Aikman 0-11 his rookie year.

Number of comebacks for Elway his career - 2. Ever. Tebow in 5 starts *including this weekend's....2

But hey, don't get something like stats get in the way...after all folks are only too happy to see the good guys fail. If he were someone in trouble with the law, who beats his woman, who did drugs, and had no religion, everyone would be just fine and dandy.

So for those of us who are not only fans of the player but of the MAN and his CHARACTER, this...is...no...big...deal. But by all means everyone else that feels the need to pound their chest with glee about him having a bad game, have at it.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    He probably won't be a Manning, In fact he may not compare with many of the men you listed.

The one thing he has that you can't take away, is the kid has heart.
    And he's a good crier.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    We'll find out if Tebow is NFL material. His mechanics are bad and he can't read defenses well.

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln---how did you like the play?
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Yes! I'm a Tebow fan! I hope he does very well and goes very far to hush his critics.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    Considering this isn't a sports board I'm not expecting there to be a ton of activity about this :laugh:

Now, as a big Tebow supporter - yes he had a bad game. You know who else scored one touchdown yesterday? Drew Brees, Matt Shaub, A.J. Feeley, Matt Hasselbeck, Curtis Painter, Kevin Kolb (47.8 percentage) - and Joe Flacco didn't score at all.

So are fans of those other players supposed to say "OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS OVER!!!" No. Tebow needs to learn. All Tebow fans wanted was the CHANCE for him to play. He had a bad game against a good defense. The Tebow factor will be what he does now in ADJUSTING to what he's seen. I mean, really, what has he seen defense-wise all season? Oh, by the way, WHAT RECEIVERS does he have? Run game - his main RB is OUT still after hand surgery. Oh and the Denver line?? One of THE worst rated lines in the league. So yes he was sacked 7 times. Having a line that is the equivalent of an open door will do that as well.

As usual all that will happen this week is all the Tebow haters - who frankly hate him for nothing more than his religion and his emotion - will come out jumping for joy going "WE TOLD YOU! WE TOLD YOU!! HA HA HA HA"

BTW, would love to see all those who are fans of Peyton Manning, even John Elway, Troy Aikman come out on the social networks during THEIR first years as starters.

Manning 3-13
    Elway's AVERAGE % rating his rookie year.... 47.5

Aikman 0-11 his rookie year.

Number of comebacks for Elway his career - 2. Ever. Tebow in 5 starts *including this weekend's....2

But hey, don't get something like stats get in the way...after all folks are only too happy to see the good guys fail. If he were someone in trouble with the law, who beats his woman, who did drugs, and had no religion, everyone would be just fine and dandy.

So for those of us who are not only fans of the player but of the MAN and his CHARACTER, this...is...no...big...deal. But by all means everyone else that feels the need to pound their chest with glee about him having a bad game, have at it.
    Don't buy it. Orton still had good numbers before he was benched and with the exception of LLoyd, had the same team. And Tebow had a worse week than last week. He played horrible last week against a bad defense and this week was worse against a good defense.
    Cam Newton backed up Tebow. Newton doesn't have great support on his team either, but can ball. And Cam's a good guy who's religious and has leadership and character. He also has some bad mechanics, but he can play.
    I think Tebow is a great physical athlete. And I feel the same with Newton. I thought NEITHER could play in the NFL. Cam has proved he can. Tebow hasn't.
  • ninerbuff
    Yes! I'm a Tebow fan! I hope he does very well and goes very far to hush his critics.
    I don't think he's going to do much hushing. He can run, but he can't throw because he has horrible mechanics. Look at his passing stats in 2 games.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Opponents are even weighing in saying it's embarrassing.....

All the excuses made for Tebow somehow don't apply to Orton when he was the starter?

I thought this was a perfect quote...
    "While few NFL players seem to have a problem with Tebow on a personal level, I know plenty who are put off by the mythology and the holier-than-thou fan base that lionizes his every accomplishment and perceives negative depictions of his ability through a persecution-complex-tinted prism"
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member

All the excuses made for Tebow somehow don't apply to Orton when he was the starter?

"While few NFL players seem to have a problem with Tebow on a personal level, I know plenty who are put off by the mythology and the holier-than-thou fan base that lionizes his every accomplishment and perceives negative depictions of his ability through a persecution-complex-tinted prism"

LOVE that quote!!!
  • ninerbuff

Everyone want's the "goody boy" to be good. If he was good I'd have no problem. IMO, benching Orton was stupid. Yeah they were losing, but who's to say that Orton couldn't have beaten Miami? Actually everyone is beating them so I would have gave Orton the nod, but I guess the fans know football better than coaches.
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    I am definitely a Tebow fan! I think he is an incredible person who is capable of doing incredible things, on and off the field. I really didn't know much about him when he was a Gator. Living in Arizona our schools never played him. The only time I think I ever saw him in college was the 2008 championship game, but I wish I had seen more games with him to have a better idea of what he's capable of as a QB.

I will admit college football and pro-football can be very different. So many star college players haven't done anything in the pros, could Tebow be one of them, possibly. What frustrates me the most is what a few others on this thread have already pointed out, is that he hasn't been given enough time to prove anything yet really. He has looked pretty bad so far this year in 7 quarters of play (3.5 on 10/23 and 3.5 on 10/30) yet strangely in the 3 other quarters he's looked incredible! Granted he wasn't able to lead the Broncos to a comeback win against the Chargers but he outscored them in the 2nd half 14-6. You can easily say about his pro career so far that when he's bad he's scary bad and when he's good he's crazy good. What he needs, as well as his fans, his teammates, his coaches, and the rest of the NFL world, is just the normal young player amount of time to learn the pro system and hopefully develop into a pro QB. All this silly hype hasn't helped anyone! I feel bad for him, Orton, Quinn, and even Fox (Don't like his play calling AT ALL!) Let Tebow have the time to learn, it's not like the Broncos are anywhere near playoff material at this point or even for the next few years. If Tebow doesn't improve over the next season and a half, then I think, being the upstanding guy he is, even Tebow will say it's time to move on. He has incredible ethics and one thing I truly believe is that if he honestly felt like he wasn't able to cut it in the pros then he would step down. As long as he believes he can do it, I'll be supporting him. I've been a Bronco fan for 20 years now, I don't like watching them lose, but if I have to watch them lose for awhile so Tebow can have the opportunity he deserves to grow, then that's fine with me. What is a couple seasons if it could mean another Elway or Montana!
  • ninerbuff
    What is a couple seasons if it could mean another Elway or Montana!
    Blasphemy. The only he has in common with these two is.......wait........hold on.............nothing. Alex Smith of the 49ers shames Tebow and believe me as a 49er fan Alex Smith is the weak link of the team.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    The reason that I put those players up there was simply this: If THOSE players were to be benched/written off based on their beginning numbers, look what fans would have missed out on. What if someone had put Peyton under THAT kind of scrutiny his first year as a starter? How about writing off Aikman as a failure and cutting him before he got started?

And as for Orton...how many years has he been in the league? How much longer did he need to prove himself? Time and time again, year after year, the same thing. His average career passing rating? 58.1. So please don't tell me how much better Orton is than Tebow, because he's not THAT much better right now, and he HAD his chance. Sam Bradford's average last year? 60...on a team with a great runner in Steven Jackson.

You don't have to buy anything. Heck, he could flop eventually. My point is this - any other player, any other era, no issue. But with Tebow? Nothing short of him making every single one of his throws every game will redeem him in front of those that hate him and THAT'S the part that makes people upset. The reason I bring up those other players is not to say he will be as good as them but that it's too early to label the guy a failure, flop, joke, and whatever else is being thrown out there.
  • ninerbuff
    The reason that I put those players up there was simply this: If THOSE players were to be benched/written off based on their beginning numbers, look what fans would have missed out on. What if someone had put Peyton under THAT kind of scrutiny his first year as a starter? How about writing off Aikman as a failure and cutting him before he got started?

And as for Orton...how many years has he been in the league? How much longer did he need to prove himself? Time and time again, year after year, the same thing. His average career passing rating? 58.1. So please don't tell me how much better Orton is than Tebow, because he's not THAT much better right now, and he HAD his chance. Sam Bradford's average last year? 60...on a team with a great runner in Steven Jackson.

You don't have to buy anything. Heck, he could flop eventually. My point is this - any other player, any other era, no issue. But with Tebow? Nothing short of him making every single one of his throws every game will redeem him in front of those that hate him and THAT'S the part that makes people upset. The reason I bring up those other players is not to say he will be as good as them but that it's too early to label the guy a failure, flop, joke, and whatever else is being thrown out there.
    He was drafted too high on hype (and the fact that Josh McDaniels sucks at evaluating talent) and there have been many a highly drafted QB that have failed as of late. Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell (who was also hyped), Vince Young, to name a few. I don't hate Tebow as a person. Like those I mentioned above, I'm harsh on first rounders who were touted as "can't miss" or "they were awesome in college and wait till they play in the NFL" players. I see in Tebow many of the same attributes as JaMarcus Russell. If he's pressured, he can't pass. He takes a lot of sacks. He can't throw on the run. And his accuracy stinks.
    There are QB rookies out there that aren't winning with GOOD support (Newton, Ponder, Gabbert), but at least they can deliver a ball to a wide open receiver or throw on the run.
    The point is, that if you're picked number 1, you should be able to at least play decent. Again, I don't question his work ethic, his athleticism or his belief in religion. I question is football talent, and he can't play QB in the NFL. Maybe he could play in the Wild Cat or as an occasional option QB, but not as an entrenched starter till he can at least deliver a ball accurately.
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    LOL at blasphemy, I actually thought that after I hit post. My family lived in CA during Montana's reign and we were huge 49er fans. Than after we moved to Denver and Montana retired we became Bronco fans and got to experience his 2 Superbowl wins. I agree that the idea of Tebow being discussed in the same conversations as Elway or Montana are unlikely in the future. At this point his accuracy, throwing dynamics, and decision making looks leagues away from those two. What I meant is that if he can be given the time to grow and develop as a pro player he could possibly be a leader and winner just as those two were for their teams. He definitely has the heart, drive, and athleticism to be one!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Being a Charger fan and suffering through the Ryan Leaf fiasco, I've seen the hype machine in action :laugh:
    I wish him well, just don't see it. They've been working on his throwing motion since day 1....maybe it just needs more time.
    If it doesn't work with Denver another team will surely give him a chance.

Thanks for the foosball talk, opinions are welcome.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Tebow is a good guy but a terrible NFL QB.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Tim Tebow does not have the skill set to play QB at the NFL level. Period.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I think he's hot. That's about it.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    I think he's hot. That's about it.

^^^This, that is one HOT dude!!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    SUH!

Detroit stomped all over Denver. 45-10. Geezus. Tebow....yeah... not a fan.