what can I put on my veggies?

124»

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member

Slowly but surely things will change? What "things" are you speaking of? Like I said, I NEVER said that fats are bad, which you quoted me as saying. But there IS a definitive difference between "good" and "bad" fats. Fat is essential to your body's well-being. And I also didn't say that animal fats are "bad", but I said that they should be kept as a minimal part of your diet...less than 10g a day...unless you're aching for a heart-attack or coronary cancers, in which case, eat it up!

But, I'm very curious as to what you think "needs to change"?? Because you really aren't making any sense whatsoever.

Also, can you show me the most current medical journal that is peer-reviewed that states that animal-derived saturated fats are "healthy"?? I'm very interested. Thank you.

I wasn't responding to just you, but others who also popped up about fats. There's lots of people here responding too.

Changes: The eating higher fat is actually good for you mentality. We're in a "low fat" diet nation, with people who fear fats. I opt for a high fat diet...triple digits. Never been healthier.

Grokette's left some links.

and you're welcome.

If you weren't responding to me, then why did you quote me? And eating higher fats has nothing to do with your mentality, as you said. It has everything to do with good mental health, but mentality is a personality function, having nothing to do with food. Your mentality can be positive, negative, outgoing, introverted, but that's just who you are. Maybe you just messed up your words and used the wrong one, but its things like that, such as quoting someone when referring to someone else, or using incorrect terminology that makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about.

Bottom line: Fat = good. A person with normal cholesterol should aim for at least 30% of their diet to be comprised of fat. That said, these fats should be GOOD fats, with only about 10% of that fat being animal-derived, and ALL fat, regardless of it's derivatives, should be natural and unprocessed.

If you still want to argue about a subject with scientific backings, then be my guest. But you're wearing on my patience.

And those links were decent...I've been reading through. Although most are written by doctors, not one has been peer-reviewed (meaning reviewed by at least 10 other doctors in varying fields of study). So if you could find me some of those, I will gladly retract everything I have said.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Friends don't let friends eat vegetables without butter. Use butter.
    \

Yeah, 100 calories worth of butter goes a long way, especially with some garlic + s&p. You need some fat to metabolize the vitamins anyway. Plus, have you ever looked at the calories on hummus? They are comparable to a good bacon horseradish dip.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member

Slowly but surely things will change? What "things" are you speaking of? Like I said, I NEVER said that fats are bad, which you quoted me as saying. But there IS a definitive difference between "good" and "bad" fats. Fat is essential to your body's well-being. And I also didn't say that animal fats are "bad", but I said that they should be kept as a minimal part of your diet...less than 10g a day...unless you're aching for a heart-attack or coronary cancers, in which case, eat it up!

But, I'm very curious as to what you think "needs to change"?? Because you really aren't making any sense whatsoever.

Also, can you show me the most current medical journal that is peer-reviewed that states that animal-derived saturated fats are "healthy"?? I'm very interested. Thank you.

I wasn't responding to just you, but others who also popped up about fats. There's lots of people here responding too.

Changes: The eating higher fat is actually good for you mentality. We're in a "low fat" diet nation, with people who fear fats. I opt for a high fat diet...triple digits. Never been healthier.

and you're welcome.

If you weren't responding to me, then why did you quote me? And eating higher fats has nothing to do with your mentality, as you said. It has everything to do with good mental health, but mentality is a personality function, having nothing to do with food. Your mentality can be positive, negative, outgoing, introverted, but that's just who you are. Maybe you just messed up your words and used the wrong one, but its things like that, such as quoting someone when referring to someone else, or using incorrect terminology that makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about.

Bottom line: Fat = good. A person with normal cholesterol should aim for at least 30% of their diet to be comprised of fat. That said, these fats should be GOOD fats, with only about 10% of that fat being animal-derived, and ALL fat, regardless of it's derivatives, should be natural and unprocessed.

If you still want to argue about a subject with scientific backings, then be my guest. But you're wearing on my patience.

And those links were decent...I've been reading through. Although most are written by doctors, not one has been peer-reviewed (meaning reviewed by at least 10 other doctors in varying fields of study). So if you could find me some of those, I will gladly retract everything I have said.

Ok
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Plus a small amount of butter on a large amount of vegetables helps to make them taste so good that you'll eat a big helping, thus reducing your carb or meat intake - all in all a win win situation.

A tiny amout of butter wont make you fat anyway, if you get the balance right, you're going to be fine.

Try some evenings with a bit of butter, some with a bit of olive oil, some with lot fat cream cheese, some with lemon juice, and crushed garlic etc etc....mix it up a little and you'll get the benefit of variety too.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member

and you're welcome.

What's your take on safflower oil? I started using it after reading The Kind Diet and noticing it was recommended in a lot of her recipes. I only use it for stir-frying veggies and such since it has a higher smoke point and I've read that olive oil is not good to cook with since it turns rancid after heating at a high temp. I dig coconut oil too, for baking and cooking pancakes, etc, but I don't like the way it changes the flavor of some savory veggie dishes I've made, so I've been using organic safflower oil for that purpose.

I'm not keen to using any fat from an animal. If I crave something buttery, I use Earth Balance, which is quite a bit... hopefully that's good for me!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    WOWWOWOWOW tons of replys!!! Thank you guys sooo much for all the yummy ways. Im having broccoli tonight. I dont like it that much so i wanted to add something on top. thank you sooooooo much!
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965
    QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965 Posts: 58 Member
    :drinker: I Love putting fruit on top of my salads. mangos.. strawberrys... blueberries. Blackberries..:love:
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    what can I put on my veggies?

You can put some chicken on it. :)