A question for fellow MFP users

Options
FearAnLoathing
FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
Ok so alot of people seem to have a problem with some of the pictures on this site,and it got me thinking about some of the ads I see.
Now there has been A LOT of fuss over pictures people consider too risque,this is my question to those who have an issue with the pictures. I am not trying to attack,or start a war here im just generally curious if thoses pictures bother you because you log in from work or around your kids does having to see ads like this one bother you?
Z_Performance_160x600-1.jpg

Now ive never put up booty pics or anything like that but ive always just viewed them as progress pics.I know others dont for the work/kids reasons I listed before. I just dont see the diffrence myself so I thought I would ask

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Nope. Conservative users get more of a thrill/kick out of reporting and attacking other users, that's the whole reason it happens. I'm sure the people reporting "offensive" photos never even notice the even more "offensive" advertisements on this site.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say hi! Nothing more. :glasses:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I've seen this ad... It's on MFP right now. Strange that this would be allowed here...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If there is something that pops up in the ads or the profile pics that is not appropriate in front of my kids, or at work, I close the page. I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 things total in profile pictures that are worse than the ads I get on this site.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have is that I catch myself staring at it, its quite a lovely *kitten* shot after all...
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I have seen pictures of an old man with no shirt on, the zumba ad mentioned, bra ads, the fat to thin shrinking person, etc. in the ads on the right side of my screen. I have seen the face shots of people on here that were in my opinion quite scary, and yet a very tasteful side view of my bottom showing less that most bikini shots, was removed from my pictures. Hmmm...maybe if I said, I have Jesus to thank for this *kitten*, it would have been ok?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It is humorous that there seems to have been no complaints about this thread either.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/371100-ladies
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't offend easily, so no I haven't seen anyones pic's that are racy/offensive. The only issue I have is it makes me realize how much harder I still have to work to get my a** to look like the ads! LOL :sad:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I understand that they dont control what ads we see,and alot of it seems to be triggered by what kind of topic we are in or our search history,so im not arguing the ads.just curious as to if some people find them offensive or not lol
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I've not seen anything worse than the ads, and I'm getting sick of people seemingly being hunted for innocent progress pictures.

I think there should be an option to have the profile pics on, or off. Or perhaps the more sensitive can see all of the profile pics as fluffy bunnies.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Nope none of the pic's bother me. You see worse on the beach than the ads and personal pic I have seen on here. Makes no sense to me why people freak out about them.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I take huge offense to the ad I'm seeing on my sidebar right now. It's of a cat taking a dump in a toilet. No, I am not joking. I don't need to see a cat pooping like a human in my sidebar when I come on to log my breakfast. I'm much more offended by that than of any avatars I've seen people use on this site!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I enjoy seeing all the update pictures its nice to see that improvements are being made by my friends. You should be happy to post a booty pic if you were able to tone your booty so much that a simple pic can show just how hard you have worked your booty off. I have not posted before pics because I am scared to I don't want to cause a fight or any problems, this is my only support I don't need or want any negativity here.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Nope. Conservative users get more of a thrill/kick out of reporting and attacking other users, that's the whole reason it happens. I'm sure the people reporting "offensive" photos never even notice the even more "offensive" advertisements on this site.

This is really the truth. If people found the pics most people post offensive they'd never go to the beach, they'd have rather limited tv/movie viewing options and the ads on this site would also offend them. But I've never heard one complaint about the ads. Just other users.

Don't cater to the wrong crowd. It'll ruin your site. Believe me.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    REPORTED!!!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not offended... I don't care if the profile pics are male or female, either. I love looking at progress, and I love looking at lovely ladies! It's a shame that those who are ultra-conservative are basically able to control what we can and cannot see here considering they are about 2% of the MFP population (if even that much). :explode:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    It is humorous that there seems to have been no complaints about this thread either.

REfrickingPORTED!!! Damn Double Standard Crap!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Really, if you want to shield your kids (or yourself, for that matter) from risque images or too much skin, you ought to invest in blindfolds. Just walking down the street or around the mall is "offensive" at times. Nothing I've seen on MFP comes close.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    That ad is ok. Jesus does Zumba. He's in a class at my gym.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Thank your for bringing that to my attention! That made my morning much better!