A question for fellow MFP users

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I would consider myself in the 'conservative' category, but I don't find the pic you posted offensive at all. I do log on at work, and I work at a high school, so I know not to have the MFP window open when a student walks in. In my opinion, the ads stand out much more than someone's profile pic because of the size. If I was going to complain about any pictures on here, it would be an offensive ad. But, I've yet to see one that bad.

Yeah I thought about posting the ad side by side with some of the pics that have been pulled,but im not trying to question the MODS or Mike here so I just put the ad up. I also am hoping ive not broken any rules and that would have broken them.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I would consider myself in the 'conservative' category, but I don't find the pic you posted offensive at all. I do log on at work, and I work at a high school, so I know not to have the MFP window open when a student walks in. In my opinion, the ads stand out much more than someone's profile pic because of the size. If I was going to complain about any pictures on here, it would be an offensive ad. But, I've yet to see one that bad.

not sure if you saw my competition suit (front/back) picture, but would you say that was offensive? I mean, I am going to weat that on statge in 2 weeks, 2 days. So, I REALLY hope not.... This is making an already anxious me that much more anxious.....

I didn't see your competition suit pic. Where is it?

It was deleted
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

not sure if you saw my competition suit (front/back) picture, but would you say that was offensive? I mean, I am going to weat that on statge in 2 weeks, 2 days. So, I REALLY hope not.... This is making an already anxious me that much more anxious.....

It was deleted

Oh. Well, I didn't get to see it. I did look at your profile pics and you look AMAZING. You should be proud of yourself! If you're entering a competition which is meant to show off your body, then I don't know how anyone could complain it's offensive. I think you can show off your hard work, even leaving little to the imagination, in a very tasteful way. Good luck in the competition!
  • macpatti
    Options

You'll be here in Houston on Nov 5th! Good luck to you!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

It was deleted

Oh. Well, I didn't get to see it. I did look at your profile pics and you look AMAZING. You should be proud of yourself! If you're entering a competition which is meant to show off your body, then I don't know how anyone could complain it's offensive. I think you can show off your hard work, even leaving little to the imagination, in a very tasteful way. Good luck in the competition!

It was the center (orange bikini) picture front and back and yes, it was deleted. I honestly did not think it was in bad taste, but am not the one making the rules. I just do not want to get on stage in 2 weeks, 2 days and get laughed off or disqualified, because its too risque. its giving me anxiety, because I don't have time to change it now....
  • bry_all01
    Options

yes, ma'am, I will. Thank you for the luck!! (sidebar - we are less than 6 degrees of separation).
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've not seen anything worse than the ads, and I'm getting sick of people seemingly being hunted for innocent progress pictures.

I think there should be an option to have the profile pics on, or off. Or perhaps the more sensitive can see all of the profile pics as fluffy bunnies.

They don't bother me....and by the way nice *kitten* pic!
  • macpatti
    Options

yes, ma'am, I will. Thank you for the luck!! (sidebar - we are less than 6 degrees of separation).

Don't change it and don't be anxious! I see nothing offensive with the front and it's a body competition anyway. Go rock it!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I dont think my topic is reaching its target audiance lol:cry:
  • macpatti
    Options

I'm sorry. I'll go away now. :smile:
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Fascism reigns supreme on MFP apparently. I just got my photos deleted which didn't break any "rules" according to the ones I was sent. I was in a swimsuit, not underwear, which doesn't go against the rules, and it was just deleted. So now, I give to you, a burka, because apparently that's what it's coming down to.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

It was deleted

It was the center (orange bikini) picture front and back and yes, it was deleted. I honestly did not think it was in bad taste, but am not the one making the rules. I just do not want to get on stage in 2 weeks, 2 days and get laughed off or disqualified, because its too risque. its giving me anxiety, because I don't have time to change it now....

Sorry to butt in on your convo :) you mean the orange suit in the middle of your current profile pic? If so, how was that offensive? It's not any more revealing then most other bikini's I've seen on here, which doesn't offend me btw. I love the body shots, makes me work harder. As far as getting laughed at or disqualified I don't think you have anything to worry about. Looks like most bikini's other competitors will be using to me. Good luck to you! I'd imagine it will be nerve wracking as hell but try to enjoy the moment as well as you can!
  • bry_all01
    Options

Don't change it and don't be anxious! I see nothing offensive with the front and it's a body competition anyway. Go rock it!

Thanks, this has actually helped. (my friends all said the same thing you did, but you are an outsider, so not as biased as they might be, because they love me).
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it has now become sort of a game. This person reports that person for showing their *kitten*, then that person reports this person for having a religious reference in their sig. It's all pretty juvenile - on both sides, and needs to stop. If everybody acted like an adult and ........ Oh, who am I kidding. Proceed.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

lol no no all comments are welcome,but so far everyone thats commented seems to be pretty like minded on the subject which leads me to believe that its not a large group on here that has an issue
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

lol no no all comments are welcome,but so far everyone thats commented seems to be pretty like minded on the subject which leads me to believe that its not a large group on here that has an issue

It only appears this way because 97.8723419% of the users on MFP are 'like minded' don't be fooled.... :laugh:
  • bry_all01
    Options

It was deleted

Sorry to butt in on your convo :) you mean the orange suit in the middle of your current profile pic? If so, how was that offensive? It's not any more revealing then most other bikini's I've seen on here, which doesn't offend me btw. I love the body shots, makes me work harder. As far as getting laughed at or disqualified I don't think you have anything to worry about. Looks like most bikini's other competitors will be using to me. Good luck to you! I'd imagine it will be nerve wracking as hell but try to enjoy the moment as well as you can!

it was the middle (orange bikini) front and back shot. I did it to give the full effect of the suit. I think its the cottage cheese behind that appears to be eating the bottoms, lol. :laugh:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Ok so alot of people seem to have a problem with some of the pictures on this site,and it got me thinking about some of the ads I see.
    Now there has been A LOT of fuss over pictures people consider too risque,this is my question to those who have an issue with the pictures. I am not trying to attack,or start a war here im just generally curious if thoses pictures bother you because you log in from work or around your kids does having to see ads like this one bother you?
    Z_Performance_160x600-1.jpg

Now ive never put up booty pics or anything like that but ive always just viewed them as progress pics.I know others dont for the work/kids reasons I listed before. I just dont see the diffrence myself so I thought I would ask

Well it's no secret as far as I go. . I don't want my daughter walking by the computer seeing breasts or bottoms in the camera. . a bikini where you are standing back from the camera to show progress is perfectly fine. . nothing wrong with that. . So I just think it comes down to how you present the picture. .

Believe me when I get my boxing body back I will be showing my progress. . . but I think there are limits . . for me a tank top and shorts can show my progress just fine. . or perhaps a bathing suit.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I think that picture of that old woman pulling her face off is the worst on here...
  • Cupcake_Anonymous
    Options
    I'll report you if you are violating MFP TOS. I don't care. Don't like the rules the site has and act like an adult then maybe you shouldn't be here. :drinker: