What was the worst thing someone said to you regarding your

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    "For a skinny chick, you sure have a huge stomach"

"Damn your belly didn't look that big with your clothes on!"

"Hey Skeletor, don't poke me with ur bony elbow!"

"Hey not to be mean, but you kinda look like a Thai ladyboy"

My son pointed out to me the other day that I had no boobs. I was in my compression bra and I have B cups...so yeah.... "Damn Mom, you have no breasts!"

I had a friend in high school that was overweight and I was bony (still am) so ya'll can imagine the jokes...ugh.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    "You'd be a knock out if you lost ____ pounds."
    "You're pretty for a fat girl."

^^^These^^^

And the ever popular, "You got the brains, your sister got the looks." :grumble:
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    oh and im really not even a big girl
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Not the worst one I've ever heard but one I remember because it came from a supervisor when i needed a lunch break, "You don't look hungry!" Best thing I heard recently was my 6 year old son say "daddy you look like you're getting taller":)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    The worst for me was about 2 years ago, I went swimming with my son (who is part fish) at the community pool. Some kids (different kids on different days) said something like "look how fat he is" and "that guy is so fat".

I stopped getting in the water with my son after that, which tore me up because loves playing in the pool with me, but I couldn't bear the humiliation again. I look back and think I shouldn't have deprived my son of having a great time with dad, but on one of those occassions it brought me to tears when I got home and sunk me into a mildly depressive state for weeks.

Kids are brutally honest. I love honesty, but those incidents stung more than any other i can recall.

I have a 6 year old niece and this has happened to me when I take her swimming. I never let on it bothers me but one day my niece heard some kid make a comment about my *kitten* being fat.. and my sweet little niece swam over.. got in their face and said "Maybe you should keep your mouth shut.. telling someone their are fat hurts their feelings." the kid said something back that I didn't hear and she said "wow your mom didn't teach you any manners."

It really made my day...
    Love this! Kids have NO manners these days! You should be proud!

I am. I was just shocked that she called someone out on it, normally she never says anything lol.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Ok I know they're all horrible things that people said, but I'm sorry I laughed my rear off (which is good b/c it's too big anyway). People are mean and have no filer. I've had things said to me but I guess I generally laugh at them b/c I can lose weight and they're still going to be an idoit with a big mouth. :) Hang in there all, you're here and working on it. Next time you hear something from someone that's not nice or solicited about your weight just laugh and think....You butthead. You're going to get hit the face one day. You've got a big mouth and a small mind...whatever fits.... Then hold your head up and think how you're going to think about those comments on those days when you just can't find the motivation to go to the gym. You can change that flaw and that other person is screwed.....
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Aunt: "You need to lose weight before your husbands starts cheating on you with a skinny girl"
    Mom: just the other day when I was getting ready for my girls night " Shouldn't you lose weight before you go out with your skinny friends?"
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    I weighed 290 at the time and my doctor told me if I didn't do something I would be dead within 5 years (that was almost 8 years ago). At the time I had high blood pressure, overweight, cholesterol was through the roof, heart problems, liver problems you name it. I cut out all meats except fish, all dairy products, corn, anything white (potatoes, rice) anything with yeast (beer, breads) and went down to 209 and everything went back to normal. Eventually after about 3 years and my parents and everyone else telling me I was too thin, I looked sick and the rest of that crap I gave up eating that way and went back to the SAD diet, and now today I have issues walking, blood pressure through the roof, way over weight and trying to lose that weight again. It was far easier the first time but know I can do it again.

Low 200's and 6 foot guy is not too thin, sickly or anything else.... I honestly wish I had blocked all that crap out.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    these break m heart.
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    When I was 16 I Babysat a boy and he told me that when he grew up he wanted a girl friend that looked just like me except skinny.

When trying on wedding dresses one of the salon women said, "im sorry hunny, but we just don't carry sizes that fit people like you"

I went to a friends grandmothers house and after telling her that i had become a vegetarian the month before, she looked at me and said "Well its obviously not helping your fatness"

I am using these as motivators. No more fat me...

;-)
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    When I was 16 I Babysat a boy and he told me that when he grew up he wanted a girl friend that looked just like me except skinny.

When trying on wedding dresses one of the salon women said, "im sorry hunny, but we just don't carry sizes that fit people like you"

I went to a friends grandmothers house and after telling her that i had become a vegetarian the month before, she looked at me and said "Well its obviously not helping your fatness"

I am using these as motivators. No more fat me...

;-)
  • gemini0007
    gemini0007 Posts: 27 Member
    I was about 8 or 9 (and a little chubby) and my adult aunt said to my mum about me "she won't be fiting that dress for much longer and if she keeps eating like that (we were at a restaurant) she'll be in real trouble. She sure is getting fat". Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Both her and her daughter are obese - while I am now 2kgs from being in the 'normal' BMI range - suck on that one!
  • "You were happier when you were fat."

-a coworker

My dad said that too me too!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    My mom and I have a great relationship now, but when I was in high school and college she used to say AWFUL things about my weight. The one that sticks with me the most was her telling me that I'd never have a happy (hypothetical) marriage if I didn't lose weight, because husbands are never truly happy with overweight wives. What. The hell. My mom is not unintelligent or ignorant, so I still don't understand how she could have believed such a thing.

Also, from a d-bag ex:
    "Your body isn't even attractive anymore . . . it's all just blubber"
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I haven't gotten a lot of comments for being overweight. But I got a lot before, when I was underweight. The worst was from a "friend." She made several comments that were nasty, but the worst was when we were walking and she said, "You're just so skinny! You're like a skeleton. Don't you ever eat?" First of all, I was not THAT thin. Secondly, she knew exactly how much I ate. She just wanted to make me feel bad for some reason. We're no longer friends.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    I guess this is a reverse insult..... I was told by my VERY overweight sister in law that I had lost weight to spite her... And it caused such a huge fight in my family my brother didn't speak to me for awhile. (This was many years ago)

So the solution now..... No one is allowed to,talk about how good I am doing....

I'm sorry but that hurts too...
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Approximately age 12, rapidly growing and hormones changing the bod, my dad grabbed the fat on my outer thigh to point out that he didn't approve, I was pushing a whopping 120 pounds at 5'5". Apparently he thinks the twiggy look is the way to go. My parents are now divorced and we had years of eating and body image issues lurking. SO GLAD I now realize that was totally friggin ridiculous. It is true, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    I guess this is a reverse insult..... I was told by my VERY overweight sister in law that I had lost weight to spite her... And it caused such a huge fight in my family my brother didn't speak to me for awhile. (This was many years ago)

So the solution now..... No one is allowed to,talk about how good I am doing....

I'm sorry but that hurts too...

Sounds like my family... I say this because she started it, and you end up being the fall guy with your brother not talking to you,
  • Mennassey
    Mennassey Posts: 27 Member
    Cousin: "WOW Bri, you got big!"
    Cousin: "You used to have a nice body"
    Grandpa: "Look at my gordita"
    Grandpa: "Don't gain any more weight"
    Grandma: "Ay mija, your getting too big"
    Sister: LOL "I can see your stomach jiggling"
    Friend: "Wow Bri, you gained A LOT of weight, you used to be so small, what happened?"

However, one thing that I have found is that most people that commented on my weight, were struggling with theirs themselves, or didn't understand the type of diet given to me since I was young. The only thing that really changed was I stopped exercising, and increased food intake.
  • Quotes from my ex-boyfriend:

*grabs my thigh* "We need to get you to the gym because no offense, but you can REALLY pinch an inch".
    "With every pound you gain, I'll love you less".
    "It's offensive to even have to look at you. You're an insult to real women".