77 lbs lost since Feb 2011!

Options

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on Valentine's Day 2011 because I made the commitment to finally love myself enough to take care of myself and put health at the top of my priorities. I'm a better wife and mom for it!
    My ultimate goal is 135 so I'm not quite done yet. Well, this is a lifestyle change and I'm committed to live my life like this forever and I love it!
    So on Feb. 14, 2011, I weighed in at 227 -- size 20, XXL. Now, I'm down to 150 lbs, size 10, Medium.
    My workout weapon of choice is the Turbo Fire DVD series. I did 20 wks of that and I'm almost done with another 12 wks of Round 2. LOVE Chalene Johnson and Turbo Fire! So motivational and extremely uplifting for me! Great workout - tons of calories burned!
    Eating wise... I cut out a lot of carbs. Only had light wheat bread or a light wheat tortilla (ONE) w/dinner. Mostly ate lean proteins (started at 6 oz, went down to 4 oz.) of chicken, fish and turkey. Ate 2 eggs for breakfast or a protein shake. Ate lots of fruits and veggies - steamed, baked or grilled. No cheese, no dairy really. If I have cereal, I have unsweetened almond milk with it (1/2 cup).
    Anyway, Here are my before/after pics....
    IMG_6412-2-1.jpg

WOW looking great! All of your hard work has paid off! Congrats!
  • FatAndThirty
    Options
    Wow! You look hot.. You have an amazing figure. Definitely using this as motivation.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! It didn't seem to take too long either. Good for you! :)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing!! =) You are an absolute stunner and the fact that it makes you feel better and you are doing this for your family is so important. =)
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Trust me, it felt like a long time - especially going through it day by day. Some weeks, I saw little to no results, especially during my "Time of the Month" weeks. But I stuck with it ... determined that if I continue I will see good results.
    But yes, looking at it from this angle -- it really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. :)
  • runamym
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Not only have you lost weight, but you look toned and healthy! Congrats on all your hard work and success!

Thank you! That was one of my goals - still is. To be toned and have some definition in my muscles. Muscle burns more fat - even at rest - so I love muscle!
    I'll never forget the day I was shaving my legs and felt a huge bump protruding through the back of my calf -- I worried at first. What is that!? a tumor?
    Then I rotated my calf all around and realized -- no girl! That's muscle!! LOL! Saaa-weet! the best feeling to see muscles coming in!
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! Add me to the list of people using "AMAZING" as a description! :) You look absolutely wonderful; what an inspiration!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    rock and roll, lady! you look awesome! congrats!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Trust me, it felt like a long time - especially going through it day by day. Some weeks, I saw little to no results, especially during my "Time of the Month" weeks. But I stuck with it ... determined that if I continue I will see good results.
    But yes, looking at it from this angle -- it really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. :)

You.Look.Awesome.! You are now at my goal weight and it looks as though we have the same body type so I can see how I may look when I get there. (it's been a loooooong time ... lol)
    Thank you for posting your "How I Did It". I love to hear what eating plan successful people follow in order to reach their goals.

Congratulations!!! Your determination, hard work and dedication has certainly paid off big time!

eta: I quoted this answer of yours because I keep having to remind myself to be PATIENT and stick with it even when it feels like I'm not getting anywhere.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • runamym
    Options
    OMG!!! BeautifuL!! What is Turbo Fire?? Sounds fun, but is it intense?? You look great and thanks for the tips!!!

@knetterk: Turbo Fire is a Beachbody DVD program (same company that does P90X). It's a 12 wk program with an option to go 20 wks (if you purchase the Advanced DVDs too).
    The creator/teacher is Chalene Johnson - she's very motivational - just an amazing person that exudes great energy. She makes me keep pushing through the workouts, especially when I felt I was too tired to keep going. I never quit during the workout b/c she's so encouraging.
    It's kickboxing with a dance flair. Great music. Mostly cardio workouts ranging from 30 mins-55 mins (60 min in the advanced series)... some are HIIT workouts (High Intensity Interval Training) where you only do "fire drills" -- short bursts of extreme moves for like one minute at a time. Sounds innocent, right? But those HIIT workouts are intense. One minute of high intensity. One minute to recover and then you're back at it again! There's some research that supports the theory that HIIT training burns more calories and fat even at rest. Many athletes train this way.
    There are also some Tone/Sculpt workouts in Turbo Fire using a resistance band and a strength band.

It's a great workout to get a good variety of what your body needs to lose weight and see results. And there are many cardio workouts so there was good variety for me. There's a calendar of classes so you have different workouts assigned to different days to spice it up.

I'd definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to see results! And the great thing is you can do it whenever is convenient for you!! whatever time of the day. No gym membership required! Done in the privacy of your own home. Love that!
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WTG...your look great!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOW you're amazing!!!! I started out at 238 and I want to get to 140. You're an inspiration for sure!!!!!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    You are so pretty! Fantastic job. Keep up the good work. You look amazing!
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!!! Congrats on such a great job, you're an inspiration! Keep up the great work, I'm sure you'll hit goal and feel fantastic. xx
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! YOU LOOK SO GREAT! CONGRATS! I SEE THAT SAME BEAUTIFUL SMILE IN BOTH :)
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    dang that is awesome! What a great accomplishment for you!
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.. wow you look better in your size 10 then i do :-(
    But anyways keep it up your almost at the finish line
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!