honest question

Options
124»

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    "Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it."
    --Samuel Johnson

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane!"
    ~Samuel Jackson (way cooler than your S.J.)

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."
    --Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    A whale's penis is called a dork.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    "You want the truth?"
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Because of this:

duty_calls.png
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I dont see certain diets or products are dangerous unless the FDA has banned them!

That says it all right there. Common sense and personal responsibility have disappeared.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    A whale's penis is called a dork.

...and 'flocking' a whale doesn't mean what you think.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    delete
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too. It irritates me. But I just ignore it. I deleted people on my friend list that did that because I want a positive environment on my home page. Just ignore it is all i say.
  • michele0101
    Options
    I get where you are coming from. I personally am not the type to try to force people to my way of thinking no matter what. Frankly, I think that everyone has their own way and I know that people all have their own time lines. I certainly have done things that aren't necessarily all that healthy in a desperate attempt to lose weight and keep it off. Everyone has a unique personality and we all have our own quirks so I would expect to have all kinds of posts on any given topic. Also, some people just have more time on their hands and want to stick their nose anywhere they can. On the other hand, there are people who are geniunely concerned about others and are sincerely trying to help.

Just my thoughts. :-)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Part of a public forum is having to sort out the constructive from the trolls. Part of giving feedback is giving it in a way that the person who needs it will be able to receive it. If you attack someone personally they're a LOT less likely to listen to your message, even if it does come from a caring place.

So, yeah, it's the internet and the danger of a public forum. But for those of you who do comment on those diets, try to remember that the messenger's wording/tone can kill the message, and be kind with your responses.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Communication requires a sender, a message, and an intended recipient. The communication process is complete once the receiver has understood the message of the sender.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is paying attention. There will be a test on this later.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I really dislike these topics, you don't HONESTLY want to know, you want to try to make people explain themselves for your own satisfaction and to see if they will turn to your point of view by some kind of revelation and you also want people to get on here and cheer you on and agree with how grounded and mature you are for bringing it up. Well you know why they do it, They know why they do it and it isn't going to stop. There have been several topics just like this one and it never did a thing. You did exactly what you wanted to and went ahead and fanned those flames..................*clapping for you*.

Wow. I think I love you! :love: I'd say you nailed it!
  • ihavebeenherkind
    ihavebeenherkind Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

Amen!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I really dislike these topics, you don't HONESTLY want to know, you want to try to make people explain themselves for your own satisfaction and to see if they will turn to your point of view by some kind of revelation and you also want people to get on here and cheer you on and agree with how grounded and mature you are for bringing it up. Well you know why they do it, They know why they do it and it isn't going to stop. There have been several topics just like this one and it never did a thing. You did exactly what you wanted to and went ahead and fanned those flames..................*clapping for you*.

actually more in line of I would like people to, next time they read a post, hmm does that person really want my opinion on this diet or is this person more intrested in ideas from people on the diet , that this person is asking about.

for example if i was to post a question such as . any low carbers out there have any good weekend snack ideas.

would be nice if the "balance diet" advocate would stop and think, this person is just looking for snack ideas for her type of eating plan, she probably does not want an essay on how low carb isnt necessary , i think i will skip this post
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    "Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it."
    --Samuel Johnson

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane!"
    ~Samuel Jackson (way cooler than your S.J.)

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."
    --Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction

"Sir you are drunk"
    "Yes Madam"
    "But you Madam are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober"

Or along those lines <Winston Churchil>