Women's Lingerie Leauge---Sport or disgrace to women???

Options

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    one word... slores.

Yep! and IMO the guys that watch that smut are just as bad. I know not everyone would agree with me on that, and you have the right to disagree, but I personally would not have anything to do with a man that is into it.

LMAO , best response i ever read, bet you your fella would watch it if you werent there :laugh:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't have a problem with Women's Lingerie Football. My hubby and I actually sit and watch it together most of the time. I am confident in my marriage, the needs and desires of my husband, and I am the one that lays down with him in bed at night, the one he comes home to, and the one he provides for. We are married, not dead, and as long as he is just looking, what is the problem? They are out there helping to support their families, kids, etc. I don't judge anyone and their choice of work. Just because they dress as they do doesn't make them bad people. I say if you have it, flaunt it! The world spins around just the same!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    To add... I think this is cool - shows men we can do anything they do and still look sexy at it... HA
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    it exploits men.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Where do they show this?? I'd watch. :bigsmile:

the season is over, but they usually have 1 game a week on friday nights aired on MTV2

Booooo! Late as usual. Maybe I will catch it next season.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Ya, know, I was going to just breeze on after my first post, but I have a question for all the ladies calling these athletes "slores"

Do you know any of them personally? No?

Um, how would you like it if you were called a name because of doing something you love?

Oh, wait, if it's something like volley ball, or another female-centric sport, well then all is well. But what about all the little girls who grow up loving sports that are more male based? Such as football and hockey? What are they supposed to do? Hey, if they have to dress in stupid costumes to do what they love, then some of these women do it because they LOVE THE SPORT THAT MUCH. And do it regardless of women like you who attack them without even knowing them?

How would you like it if someone called your sister/daughter/mother/cousin/friend a *kitten* or slut? Where do you get off? I know a player personally, she's neither. Women in sports that are male dominated are not taken seriously, obviously. May I point out the WNBA?

Instead of being so judgemental, why not be helpful? Why not start a grass roots movement in your town so girls who love sports like this can go on and play when they're older and out of school? Instead of calling them names? Oh yeah, let's just let all the little girls in the world worship Brittney Spears instead? Because she's doing something of substance? These women, playing on the Lingerie Football League ALL HAVE FULL TIME JOBS. Most have college educations. Some are paying for their educations from the money.

I cannot believe that you'd call someone a name like that, you don't know them. Football is a tough sport. Let's see you get out there and compete against these "slores" as you call them. I bet you'd get your butt kicked. But yeah, you can stand behind your words instead, and be holier than thou. That's so much more supportive of women. You're the type of woman my daughter, and my friend have to fight against just to something so simple as to play a sport. Thanks for setting the womens movement back 15 years.

And to the Mods, you better damn believe I attacked. But by God, when someond attacks something they HAVE NO CLUE about, and it happens to attack a friend (whether she'll see this or not) then I will stand up for my friend and for all the women like her, INCLUDING my daughter, who yes, does not play football, but plays hockey and runs into women like the "slore" monger.

^^^ This, exactly.
    P.S. I don't care what you think of my sport.

I just stood up in my office and started clapping. Ok, not literally, but I was saying "AMEN SISTER!!" in a very loud voice in my head.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Just watching that little clip someone posted....it actually looks more difficult and painful BECAUSE they are wearing less clothing! I don't think a woman's football league with regular uniforms would do well unfortunately....because some of these women are really talented! I think Toronto is getting a team in the league soon (first Canadian team, woo hoo!).
  • Hollhollholly
    Options
    Hats off to these women for being in such great shape and being so beautiful BUT....in my opinion, they are just like another group of women making money off of their hot bodies.....and that would be strippers. If I want to take a serious look at female athletes that are in great shape and work hard for the sake of the argument , I'll save my time for a IFBB pro show (then again, I don't have a penis). Sure they are still sexy but it's in a totally different context and I take it seriously. The Women's Lingerie League is a joke....just like oil wrestling is not a real sport but something for men to look at to get off on. No disrespect to them or how they make their bucks but anyone who looks at them like they are doing anything great for women's sports (or equality in general) is crazy. period. end!

This.

I think it's a shame women's sport like this will only ever be popular cause they're flaunting themselves but if those women are happy and comfortable with it then that's fine by me.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I just want to know how they keep their "uniform" in place when getting tackled?
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    ok so I've only seen that gif, but it doesn't look like they're actually wearing lingerie, a-la Victorias Secret or anything. It's no worse than watching Gladiators, those of you who remember that. Really can't see how it's degrading at all! Yes, the name is silly and gimmicky, but hell I bet it does exactly what it's supposed to do, and gets people to tune in lol.

And on a side note, those people that said things along the line of at least it's not like stripping and similar because they're degrading, how is that exactly? These are still choices people have made to make their money. I see nothing wrong with any of it. /redflagtobull

You'd better believe I WISH I was fit enough (in both senses!) to be doing that lmao!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Perhaps those who think it is a disgrace should watch the movie League of Their Own

^^ This !!! The outfits are a marketing tool for now; do softball players still wear those little mini skirt outfits?? Don't think so!!

I bet all of you bashing these women just loved Gena Davis in A League of Thier Own!!

vgq1aw.jpg
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    I have not watched much of a game, but it does not seem too bad. Here is my thought: What about womens beach volleyball, which is an olympic sport. Have you seem what they wear? Why cant they wear shorts and a tank top like the indoor players. I think their uniforms might be more revealing than the LFL. Every other thing you see duringcoverage of beach volleyball is one of the players pulling out a wedgie.
    So, the LFL women chose to do this so I dont htink it is degrading. I think based on athleticism it is a sport. The uniform does not determine if something is a sport or not.

Just the thoughts of an average male.
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    one word... slores.

Yep! and IMO the guys that watch that smut are just as bad. I know not everyone would agree with me on that, and you have the right to disagree, but I personally would not have anything to do with a man that is into it.

my hubby tried to watch that crap, i was like "THIS ISNT TV! this is CRAP!"

Yeah, that's what I think of just about everything that my wife watches: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Parenthood, The Bachelor, etc....all CRAP!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Saw the clip Scott posted...How the hell do they keep their clothes on!? My girls would've already been flopping up and down the field if I ran or got tackled like that :laugh:
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    udallmom101 well said :smile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    What the hell is the "Women's Lingerie League"?
    Is it a tv show? If so, I'm glad I don't own a tv.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Some of those women can hit like their male coutnerparts. I'll say it is a sport. The lingerie is a tactic to get people to watch. Guess it's working.

39742_o.gif

Edit; They do tend to tackle kind of high though. They need to get their pads lower.
    When I owned a MMA school I was going to have lingerie night for our women just so the men would stay and watch. Sometimes we have just get their attention to let them see we are good at this too.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    What's there to hate about this? I'm just jealous that I don't know how to play football so I can't join.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbjsQcfTC38kYqQM1afqUUlPnYz9bAfZLDDq0gm_pKo6MLh8v9QQ
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see so many supporters! :drinker:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    What the hell is the "Women's Lingerie League"?
    Is it a tv show? If so, I'm glad I don't own a tv.

No. It is a video game. You mean you haven't heard of it? :huh: