support group for losing those last 10 lbs.

Options

Replies

• emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this group!

I weighed in yesterday at 145.5lbs :( the lowest I have seen so far on my MFP journey was 142lbs, but then I went on holiday to Florida.. (probably not the best place to go if you are on a diet...)
    When I returned I jumped straight on the scales to find that i was 147lbs!! I hoped most of it was water weight because it seems impossible to put on 5lbs in 2 weeks! but here I am nearly 4 weeks later and ive only lost 2lbs of my holiday weight so far :(

My problem is saying no... i just cant say no when someone offers me a naughty treat... WHY?!!? Its so frustrating.. its literally like I have a demon inside me who takes over at the sight of fatty foods.. and once I have eaten it, the demon disappears and im left feeling miserable and guilty :(

My first mini goal is to reach 140lbs by the end of November... My ultimate weight is somewhere around 132lbs but Im just focusing on 140lbs at the moment.

Please anyone feel free to add me for support :)
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this group!

I weighed in yesterday at 145.5lbs :( the lowest I have seen so far on my MFP journey was 142lbs, but then I went on holiday to Florida.. (probably not the best place to go if you are on a diet...)
    When I returned I jumped straight on the scales to find that i was 147lbs!! I hoped most of it was water weight because it seems impossible to put on 5lbs in 2 weeks! but here I am nearly 4 weeks later and ive only lost 2lbs of my holiday weight so far :(

My problem is saying no... i just cant say no when someone offers me a naughty treat... WHY?!!? Its so frustrating.. its literally like I have a demon inside me who takes over at the sight of fatty foods.. and once I have eaten it, the demon disappears and im left feeling miserable and guilty :(

My first mini goal is to reach 140lbs by the end of November... My ultimate weight is somewhere around 132lbs but Im just focusing on 140lbs at the moment.

Please anyone feel free to add me for support :)

Welcome! I totally understand about the holiday weight gain..when I go on vacation I give myself a week before I step on the scale again...b/c it's dissapointing and frustrating. Dont worry it iwll come off, just hang in there.

I hear ya about say no as well. I think in this circumstance..what helps me is a variety of self talk/practice before these situations arise. At work there is ALWAYS sweets so what I do is.....

#1..I avoid the sweet table..b/c I know there is something there to tempt me..dont go near it.
    #2..I allow myself to split or just have a bite...before I even have a bite I will "sabotage" the other half...throw it away.
    #3 ask yourself do I really like this? Sometimes I eat sweets and I really dont even like them.

#4 if you do eat it remember this analogy "if you get a flat tire..do you pull over and fix it or slash the other 3 tires? its just like eating...if you fall off the track 1 time..dont get down just fix it(eat less that day or exercise) and move on!
    Good luck and hang in there!!!!!
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
    I'm between 133-135, my goal is 130 although if I could hit 125-128 I'd be ecstatic. I've been on a "weight plateau" for the last month and a half, my body is changing though and I am in the smallest size pants I've ever worn, but I can't shake the scale. I'd love to lose a few more pounds before if/when we try for baby #2.

I'm currently doing a killer body sculpt class 2x a week, The New rules of lifting for women 1x a week, and turbofire/extra cardio 2-3x a week.
    Amys31 I've been thinking of increasing my calories as well. How has it been for you so far?

We CAN and WILL do this ladies!
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good to know! What is CLX?

Chalean Extreme. It is a GREAT workout program. I have it and love it!
  • amys31
    Options
    I would love to join!
    I'm between 133-135, my goal is 130 although if I could hit 125-128 I'd be ecstatic. I've been on a "weight plateau" for the last month and a half, my body is changing though and I am in the smallest size pants I've ever worn, but I can't shake the scale. I'd love to lose a few more pounds before if/when we try for baby #2.

I'm currently doing a killer body sculpt class 2x a week, The New rules of lifting for women 1x a week, and turbofire/extra cardio 2-3x a week.
    Amys31 I've been thinking of increasing my calories as well. How has it been for you so far?

We CAN and WILL do this ladies!
    Thank you for the CLX answer:-)...Well done on your inches lost!! We're actually trying to get pregnant..and I am trying to get to a good pre-weight:-)
    Ive just started my calorie increase as of 1.5 days..i will let you know and keep you posted this week.
    we will be doing weigh-ins on Thursday...I will see if the scale budges or what. i really think I am not eating enough..so hope it works!!
    yes we will do this!:-)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I hit 125 last summer for my first time, and I just reached 124 this week. 125 had been my goal, and I was stuck for a year, unable to move past it for several reasons. One being I got sick and learned I need to now eat gluten free, once I finally accepted it I did better. I also was at 1200 a day per MFP, and had to increase to 1350 and that helped. I also had to start focusing more on muscle increase and less on cardio, adding also more protein. I have also learned that changing up my workout is a great thing too. These got my scale moving down consistently again. So now I am thinking i'm going to go for 120, I would love to hit a 50 pound loss, which just recently came to me as a possibility. That would put me at 119, I do not want to go any lower, my weight range starts at 107, 109 depending on the source.

I currently am doing a Full Body Challenge workout (Gunnar Peterson, kinda old stuff) And then Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights. I love this workout, this is what got me moving past some stubborn fat, and I'm in better shape now than ever. I wanted to try level 2 a couple days ago, but getting into it I was overwhelmed, it was tough. so I gave up. I want to try again as this had been a bad week for me, so I definitely am not giving up for good. I also do Wii Zumba, and some dance workouts, since it's now Fall with wind and rain.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group!
    I've been doing this for pretty much dead on a year and have dropped 60 pounds from 202 to 142ish. I'm aiming for 130, and these last few pounds are taking SO. LONG. to come off! Pretty much for the first 6 months of my weightloss I was losing 2ish pounds a week, now I'm barely losing 1 pound, if that! It's so frustrating. Come on ladies, we can do this!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good to know! What is CLX?

chalean extreme
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    That didn't make much sense, 125 was my original goal, I gained 5-7 pounds from WW new program, came here and I was stuck around 128 to 130 for most of the year. Then finally with the things I did below, I moved below, hit 125 again, and
    I hit 125 last summer for my first time, and I just reached 124 this week. 125 had been my goal, and I was stuck for a year, unable to move past it for several reasons. One being I got sick and learned I need to now eat gluten free, once I finally accepted it I did better. I also was at 1200 a day per MFP, and had to increase to 1350 and that helped. I also had to start focusing more on muscle increase and less on cardio, adding also more protein. I have also learned that changing up my workout is a great thing too. These got my scale moving down consistently again. So now I am thinking i'm going to go for 120, I would love to hit a 50 pound loss, which just recently came to me as a possibility. That would put me at 119, I do not want to go any lower, my weight range starts at 107, 109 depending on the source.

I currently am doing a Full Body Challenge workout (Gunnar Peterson, kinda old stuff) And then Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights. I love this workout, this is what got me moving past some stubborn fat, and I'm in better shape now than ever. I wanted to try level 2 a couple days ago, but getting into it I was overwhelmed, it was tough. so I gave up. I want to try again as this had been a bad week for me, so I definitely am not giving up for good. I also do Wii Zumba, and some dance workouts, since it's now Fall with wind and rain.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Im in!
    I was losing 1-2 lbs steadily. Then it just stopped! A month before I have to squeeze into a very tiny dress.
    I need to increasy my workouts for the next 2 weeks and hopefully get the scale moving again!
  • amys31
    Options
    Im in!
    I was losing 1-2 lbs steadily. Then it just stopped! A month before I have to squeeze into a very tiny dress.
    I need to increasy my workouts for the next 2 weeks and hopefully get the scale moving again!

I hear ya..Ive fluctuated for the last 6 months between 147-150..my goal weight being 140. Ive been reading a bunch about increasing calories so Im going to give it a go this week and let you all know! Good luck and don't forget to mix it up:-)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have 10 pounds to lose and it is being so stubborn! I am aiming for 1300-1500 calories per day, but perhaps this still isnt enough for me. I am terrified to eat more though, and I know eating less definitely doesn't work, as I've been there too. I've been trying for this last 15 for almost 2 years now...I've lost 5 pounds in the past 18 months. *sigh* I don't wait it to take another 3 years to lose the last 10 at that rate.

I started today an HIIT workout....3 minutes of brisk walking at 4.5 MPH with 30 seconds of sprinting at 7mph...40 minutes in the morning, 25 at night...hoping this upping the length and intensity will help!

I'm currently 133....want to be between 120-125. I'm 5'4 :)
  • louc1989
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :)

I have been at 140-142 lbs since first of August. I am ready to see a drop in that number! I can pick on a thousand things that I do 'wrong' that is preventing me from dropping that weight, and I will make an effort to correct them little by little and update that here :)

Currently - I want to start a program for myself to get to the gym and lift those weights. Also I want to continue running. I was doing really well for a while then stopped for some reason unknown to me.

I am at ~142lbs and trying to get to 127. I know I can get there. Just gotta really step it up.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i'm in. i would like to lose 5lbs. but right now if i see 1lbs down i'll be happy. i was dropping a pound a week. So it is very frustrating to seeing nothing week after week.
  • amys31
    Options
    Count me in! I have 10 pounds to lose and it is being so stubborn! I am aiming for 1300-1500 calories per day, but perhaps this still isnt enough for me. I am terrified to eat more though, and I know eating less definitely doesn't work, as I've been there too. I've been trying for this last 15 for almost 2 years now...I've lost 5 pounds in the past 18 months. *sigh* I don't wait it to take another 3 years to lose the last 10 at that rate.

I started today an HIIT workout....3 minutes of brisk walking at 4.5 MPH with 30 seconds of sprinting at 7mph...40 minutes in the morning, 25 at night...hoping this upping the length and intensity will help!

I'm currently 133....want to be between 120-125. I'm 5'4 :)
    hang in there...I hear that the HIIT is a great way to rev your fat burning and metabolism! I am thinking the same as you and Im terrified for a minute at eating more too...but I have really been reading and researching and its worth a shot!!'Good luck..weight in on Thursday!:-)
  • amys31
    Options
    Hi ladies :)

I have been at 140-142 lbs since first of August. I am ready to see a drop in that number! I can pick on a thousand things that I do 'wrong' that is preventing me from dropping that weight, and I will make an effort to correct them little by little and update that here :)

Currently - I want to start a program for myself to get to the gym and lift those weights. Also I want to continue running. I was doing really well for a while then stopped for some reason unknown to me.

I am at ~142lbs and trying to get to 127. I know I can get there. Just gotta really step it up.
    You can do it!! Its hard to get started again..but once you do you'll be feeling great..good luck and let us know how it goes! Weigh in Thursday!:-)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm trying to lost 3 more pounds and boy is it taking forever to come to the finish line.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    oh me me me
    sounds like most of us are around the same weight and feel stuck.
    i went down to 125-126 the i had surgery gained up to 132-133 and now im STUCK.. well, i haven't done much to change that.. and i am done procrastinating.. time for a change ^_^