support group for losing those last 10 lbs.

Options

Replies

• amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This looks like an awesome place to post! I also am down in my last bit to lose (I weighed in at 135 today and am trying to get in the neighborhood of 128-130). I have a goal set to have that last bit of weight off and be on maintenance by Christmas. I usually eat anywhere from 1300-1400 calories a day, I keep two firm rest days a week and on my workout days I do C25K, 30 Day Shred, and Bellydance. I'm very much interested in joining your support group! :flowerforyou:

Welcome!!!! Sounds like you're doing great!:-)
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i am in the process of buying a house and im way stressed out so i have taken a break from logging and work out when i can. yesterday i had a lot of time and i was actually able to do a bodyrock.tv work out. i burned an average of 12 cals a minute which is a little more then im used to. my butt and legs hurt today - its a good hurt!
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have been avoiding the scale cause my weight went up. I decided to not let it get me down since I wasn't doing anything that would make me gain. Instead I decided to go shopping. All my clothes falling off. I used to be a size 12 at my heaviest. Couldn't believe it, a size 4 is actually a little baggy. I have never been this small, well except when I was 11. Haha.
    Weird thing is I am still 10lbs from my goal.

Advise? I am still very flabby in the middle, should my diet change? Or calories? I don't want to look to thin.
    I want the abs and firmness
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have been avoiding the scale cause my weight went up. I decided to not let it get me down since I wasn't doing anything that would make me gain. Instead I decided to go shopping. All my clothes falling off. I used to be a size 12 at my heaviest. Couldn't believe it, a size 4 is actually a little baggy. I have never been this small, well except when I was 11. Haha.
    Weird thing is I am still 10lbs from my goal.

Advise? I am still very flabby in the middle, should my diet change? Or calories? I don't want to look to thin.
    I want the abs and firmness

I was supposed to weigh in today also but decided that I would wait until after TOM to weigh in! I know I am up, and I dont want to ruin my day by getting on the scale...

Hoping you all had a great weekend!!!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Hi ladies....

Well I've been a bit in limbo. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks. I just don't want that number to affect me the way it does...so my goal this week is to continue to eat healthy, exercise and live a full life. I have many festivities this week..but I am not going to let it stop me from enjoying my bday ..

Im going to eventually get my body fat tested and go by how my clothes feel. I am not going to weigh myself for another few weeks.
    Hang in there everyone and remember at the end of the day..if you have your health and people around you that love you...then does the number really matter?
    :heart: :smile:

this!!!! I have been eating at what MFP is calculating as my maint. for the past 2 weeks and feel "fat". I am coming up on TOM so i am sure that is part of the reason, and I am just plain bloated. I hate getting on the scale at this time because I am certain I have not been having a surplus at all!! In fact even at "maintenance" I am still at a defecit most days due to exercise!! I am staying away from the scale until after period and continue to try to hit my macros and focus on fat lose and muscle gain!!!

I REALLY need to do this. I think I have been as I usually go over what my diary says as it's at night. :( But anyway do you sometimes slpurge at maintenence, meaning on a cookie or 2 or 3 or do you eat all maintenance completely clean/whole? I want to do the burn fat feed muscle but am afraid I'm going to mess it up by occasionally eating junk...omg like today! I haven't gone over cals but I haven't logged anythign as it's been cookies and pringles and its 4 pm here. ICKY day!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I think I have finally reached a plateau. It's been a month and I haven't lost anything. Stupid last few pounds! I've tried eating more, changing my exercise up and so far nothing. Any advice?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    ugg. . . . that's all just ugg. Havinga rough couple of days/weeks on the weight loss journey- but it's the process right? I will get there
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have been 147 pounds since early September. Almost three weeks ago, I upped my calories to maintenance just to see if anything happened. Nope, still 147. While it is fantastic I can maintain this weight, I need to drop these last couple of pounds. I am giving myself a deadline of Thursday's weigh in for this group. If weight hasn't shifted by then, I am going back to a 0.5 lb/week calorie deficit. Who would have thought the last 2 pounds would be this difficult??

I am hoping all of you are having better luck than I am! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    amys - happy birthday (yep, it was my birthday last week, too!) - like you, I think the scale is NOT "my friend".

I used to weigh everyday. I don't anymore. I'm only weighing once-per-week - and that is to enter data on the chart here. Otherwise, my long-term goal is to only weigh once-per-month. And, eventually, once-per-year (at my annual physical).

Anyway, just wanted to say that I am shifting my focus to making healthy nutrition choices, as decision-making comes. I've always been a fitness fanatic, so that part I am proud of. And, when I make consistently healthy nutrition choices, I truly do *feel* much, much better. So, that's what I'm going to concentrate on.

And, yes, I'd like to drop the last 8 lbs., forevermore, and never have to worry about it, again. This remains my 2011 goal and, well, it ain't too late, yet!!
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Question: Has anyone here ever tried Intermittent fasting? I've been reading about it and wanted to try it for a day to see what it was like (I don't think I've ever skipped a meal in my life). I fasted from 9pm on saturday night until 4:30pm on sunday (with daylights savings that was 20 1/2 hours. It was surprisingly not too bad, and it really put my awareness of what hunger actually feels like into perspective. I only drank black coffee, herbal tea or water until 4:30 and then ate a little snack and a healthy dinner. I'm thinking this might be the answer to what I've been looking for. I want to keep my fitness level up with running, but that's hard to do when I'm eating at a deficit, but I really want to focus on losing before I start training for my marathon in february (training starts then, marathon's not until june). With IF I can fast on my days off from running (1 or 2 days a week) and then eat maintenance calories on my training days for more energy.

I actually really liked how it made me feel. I was really focused and calm, and had a surprisingly high level of energy. I found that once I got over the initial feeling of hunger, it subsided pretty quickly with some water. My body temp (for me a good indicator of metabolism slowing down) was 98.6 at the end of fast which means it was pretty high - no starvation mode, haha.

My body feels very clean now and my run this morning was fantastic. Who knew?!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Question: Has anyone here ever tried Intermittent fasting? I've been reading about it and wanted to try it for a day to see what it was like (I don't think I've ever skipped a meal in my life). I fasted from 9pm on saturday night until 4:30pm on sunday (with daylights savings that was 20 1/2 hours. It was surprisingly not too bad, and it really put my awareness of what hunger actually feels like into perspective. I only drank black coffee, herbal tea or water until 4:30 and then ate a little snack and a healthy dinner. I'm thinking this might be the answer to what I've been looking for. I want to keep my fitness level up with running, but that's hard to do when I'm eating at a deficit, but I really want to focus on losing before I start training for my marathon in february (training starts then, marathon's not until june). With IF I can fast on my days off from running (1 or 2 days a week) and then eat maintenance calories on my training days for more energy.

I actually really liked how it made me feel. I was really focused and calm, and had a surprisingly high level of energy. I found that once I got over the initial feeling of hunger, it subsided pretty quickly with some water. My body temp (for me a good indicator of metabolism slowing down) was 98.6 at the end of fast which means it was pretty high - no starvation mode, haha.

Yes, me. I am part of the Intermittant Fasting support group thread. Love it! Feel exactly the way you explained it above. :) I usually do 16/8, sometimes 18/6 and I've done a couple of 24 hours.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Yes, me. I am part of the Intermittant Fasting support group thread. Love it! Feel exactly the way you explained it above. :) I usually do 16/8, sometimes 18/6 and I've done a couple of 24 hours.

i am on that thread too. i really enjoy it and i feel really in controll. i usually do a 24hr fast on saturdays, not sure why i picked that day but it works well for me because i am busy doing chores and stuff i forget about food until about the 21st hour!

i just wanted to make a comment to the first comment to make sure you are eating your full calories in your eating window.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I can't hardly get from breakfast to lunch without feeling sick. When I'm not able to have a snack in between. Don't think fasting and I would get a long.

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I can't do fasting either Becky1971~ My blood sugar levels are too sensitve and I get sick ~ 6hrs in. Good think I like eating!
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have done juice fasts (prune and apple is my favorite), and they were helpful and also centering experiences. The longest I have done was a 3 day juice fast; I slept a lot, did yoga and went for walks. Remember fasting is best done in the Spring and Summer. Our bodies require additional nutrition to stay warm in the winter months.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Yes, fasting isnt for everyone. :) I always get all my MFP cals in everyday I just have an 8 or 6 hour window to eat it in, the other 16-18 hours are used for burning stored fat. :) It really works. I accidentally did this 8 years ago and lost 20 lbs. I didn't know what it was called then of course. My best days are weekends as well as I'm busy. Weekdays are somewhat hard as I'm a stay-at-hom mom/ babysitter and am home.

Anyway google Intermittant fasting and you will only find awesome things about it. It is pretty new of a concept so alot of people make negative comments however you never know until you try it so i disregard negativity as I've done the research.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I've never tried a fast. I've never tried an intermittent fast. I guess I presume that, for me, trying to regulate blood sugars is key (i.e. to suppressing eating when I'm not really "hungry"). It's taken me 4 years to figure out how to eat 3 square meals with 2 snacks....I can't imagine how long it would take me to 'eat' if I had to incorporate "fasts" into the picture!!

Good luck, ladies - maybe report back on your progress?
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Hmmmm, I've never tried a fast. I've never tried an intermittent fast. I guess I presume that, for me, trying to regulate blood sugars is key (i.e. to suppressing eating when I'm not really "hungry"). It's taken me 4 years to figure out how to eat 3 square meals with 2 snacks....I can't imagine how long it would take me to 'eat' if I had to incorporate "fasts" into the picture!!

Good luck, ladies - maybe report back on your progress?

:):wink: :smile:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have been 147 pounds since early September. Almost three weeks ago, I upped my calories to maintenance just to see if anything happened. Nope, still 147. While it is fantastic I can maintain this weight, I need to drop these last couple of pounds. I am giving myself a deadline of Thursday's weigh in for this group. If weight hasn't shifted by then, I am going back to a 0.5 lb/week calorie deficit. Who would have thought the last 2 pounds would be this difficult??

I am hoping all of you are having better luck than I am! :flowerforyou:

Hi, I am in the same boat, though I am stuck at 142. I have 4 lbs to go. Friend me and maybe we can motivate each other.
  • tsoprano
    tsoprano Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How is everyone's November Fitness Challenge going? I have been hitting my total workout goal time just about every day (75 minutes). Remember to push yourself!