support group for losing those last 10 lbs.

Options

Replies

• MissGoHard
    MissGoHard Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello new friend =)

Increasing my calorie intake makes me nervous as well! Not sure how much to increase mine by.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just getting back from an out of town work trip so I missed the weigh in today. I'll post mine tomorrow. I'm getting ready to go on VACATION this weekend for 2 weeks! So I won't be able to post my Thursday weigh-ins for the rest of November. I'll catch back up on October 1st which will be they next Thursday I'll be in town.

Keep up all the hard work!
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am adding on half of my exercise calories to start and I will see what happens after a week.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hello new friend =)

Increasing my calorie intake makes me nervous as well! Not sure how much to increase mine by.

What do you currently have MFP set as? If you aren't there already, start with a 0.5 lb/week loss.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in was this morning and....drum roll...I am still at 147! This is week 9 of no progress! Since my latest plateau started, I upped my calories three weeks ago from a 0.5 lb/week loss (1600 calories) to what MFP considers maintenance (1800) with no change up or down in weight. I am not sure what my next move should be. I have been doing research into maintenance calories and looked at 5 other websites, all of which have me at about 2100 calories/day for maintenance. Being that MFP has me at 1800, I am thinking it may be wrong. My big question now is what do I do?

Using 2100 as my maintenance, I am currently eating 1800/day, which would be a 0.5 lb/week deficit. According to MFP, the 1800/day I am eating is maintenance. I am lost. Do I reduce calories further, though I was still plateauing eating 1600/day, or do I bump them up higher? All I know is what I am doing now is not working. *sigh*

Not sure if anyone replied yet but if I read this correctly you have stayed the same and not gained right? I would up the cals even more then maybe to what other sites are saying. Or if thats too scarey up it another 100 a week until you get to 2100. Cant remember if Sleepytexan is on this thread but look her up and read her write up on her profile. Also the link I provided a few posts back is awesome.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Here I am for our Thursday morning weigh-in... Anybody else posting their Thursday weight?

I am down a WHOLE pound! (from official Monday weight) 133.3 is the new weight!

:flowerforyou: This is new territory for me and I won't be changing my official weight until Monday, BUT, Really pretty jazzed about this!! :flowerforyou:

Encouragement for all working to lose those last 10 pounds...
    * Keep at it your body will respond to all the positive changes you are making!!
    * I was at my lowest weight of 134 in May of last year and slowly moved into the 138-140 range until last month.
    * Started using weights in September (about 2 X's per week) and took out a couple days of cardio.
    * Started using protein powder mixed in with my yogurt and coffee in July
    * Now looking to add more calories to find my maintenance range.
    * # Since joining in April of 2009 I had my calories set to lose a pound a week
    * # I upped my calories to lose .5 pounds/week sometime last year
    * # I have upped my net calories recently and am at 1540 now. (Plan to up again next week - feels weird!:noway: )
    * # I am always reading the "experts" and learning how this body of mine works. Thanks all you for your expertise!

I cannot say why the weight is moving off now for me, but keep reading all the good information out there, apply the science on your own body and enjoy the journey!

:heart: "We are fearfully and wonderfully made!"

You are the success to the "upping" of cals!!! YAY!!! This is what i keep on reading about and it is scarey but it obviously works!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to step on the scale last night.

But, I'm pretty sure I am NOT down, anyway.

I am changing up my work-out routine for the next 12 weeks, so I'll post about whether or not that seems to be working....the program is to lose "inches", not "pounds", so I'm going to use this support group as "for those trying to lose those last 10 INCHES", lol
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Hello new friend =)

Hey there Miss Wenikki! :flowerforyou: I Googled "calorie calculator" and SOOO many sites popped up. Entered my stats into a couple and came up with a 1850 -2000 calorie range to maintain my goal of 132 pounds. These make pretty good sense since I am eating about 1500 calories and have been losing about a pound a week right now. MFP shows that I would lose 1/2 a pound a week so I believe their calculator is a bit low for me. I am planning to up my calories slowly because I am enjoying the progress and don't want to stall out completely. (Besides I figure it will be easy to gain back weight if I end up lower than I planned :wink: ) Wouldn't that be a trip - :laugh: trying to GAIN weight!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    if i work a desk job what level of activity should i put? i exercise 30 minutes 6x a week. i've always been confused about this
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I wanna join this group! :D I'm at 133.3 also, goal weight of 125. Looking for new MFP friends! :D
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Hello new friend =)

Hey there Miss Wenikki! :flowerforyou: I Googled "calorie calculator" and SOOO many sites popped up. Entered my stats into a couple and came up with a 1850 -2000 calorie range to maintain my goal of 132 pounds. These make pretty good sense since I am eating about 1500 calories and have been losing about a pound a week right now. MFP shows that I would lose 1/2 a pound a week so I believe their calculator is a bit low for me. I am planning to up my calories slowly because I am enjoying the progress and don't want to stall out completely. (Besides I figure it will be easy to gain back weight if I end up lower than I planned :wink: ) Wouldn't that be a trip - :laugh: trying to GAIN weight!

Yep this!!! Messaged you with it too.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    if i work a desk job what level of activity should i put? i exercise 30 minutes 6x a week. i've always been confused about this

I would put in sedentary and then when you exercise plug that in.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I also have a desk job and other than walking 1/2 a block when I get there and leave, and 2x on breaks, I sit on my bum. My settings are on sedentary and I log anything extra.
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I decided not to weigh in this week as I'm only 1 week into increased calories (1600) and I want to give it another week before assessing the progress (or lack of!)

I'm feeling healthy and energetic so I'm focussing on that for the time being!

Well done to those of you that had a loss from upping calories, that gives me more confidence that this might just work.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs. I didn't drink water like I should be the few ay s.. so I really think that's why I gained.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to step on the scale last night.

But, I'm pretty sure I am NOT down, anyway.

I am changing up my work-out routine for the next 12 weeks, so I'll post about whether or not that seems to be working....the program is to lose "inches", not "pounds", so I'm going to use this support group as "for those trying to lose those last 10 INCHES", lol

I like the idea of a support group like that. I have just reached my goal weight but still need to lose inches. What is your work-out routing like to lose those inches?
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to "active" when I upped my calories even though the description of "lightly active" is more correct. Will have to get back on how this works out in a few more weeks. I do log my exercise AND eat most of my exercise calories. So far not gaining.

** Disclaimer Any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the entire thread. This individual will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the reader will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising. aka "weight gain." :laugh:
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I set my activity level to "active" when I upped my calories even though the description of "lightly active" is more correct. Will have to get back on how this works out in a few more weeks. I do log my exercise AND eat most of my exercise calories. So far not gaining.

** Disclaimer Any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the entire thread. This individual will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the reader will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising. aka "weight gain." :laugh:

:drinker: Are you in Indiana by any chance? I am in Ft. wayne.
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    sine I have upped my calories to 1360 I have started losing this weight