Finally, after 6 months & 37 lbs, I'm ready to share!

Options

Replies

• JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, and your story is a great inspiration! Thanks for listing it.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I've been wondering about the 30 Day Shred, but I do TurboFire which is probably just intense, if not more. Jillian is wonderful, she certainly can get anyone to work out and lose weight! :-)

Keep it up! You look fab!

Thank you! Yes, I owe half my body to Jillian Michaels. I've seen others here do TurboFire, P90X, Chalean Extreme, NROLFW (which I hope to do next), Insanity... I think they all have a great common goal: to get you moving and fired up about getting in shape! :bigsmile:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely stunning! congratulations on your hard work paying off and for accomplishing your goals! i'm sure you feel like you can do anything now :)
  • chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great story, you look awesome!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great job and beautiul pictures! A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    Wow Congrats!!1 You look incredible. I'm so glad you decided to share. I have a similar situation ( mother of 4 - youngest is 1) and in Jan 2011 I weighted 150lbs ( @ 5 ft) I saw a picture of myself, and was disgusted and decided to change. ( by eating healthy and walking) I currently weigh 133 and still have a way to go . I just got the 30 day shred and was not sure if it would truely work or not. But after seeing your pics and reading your story I truely believe it will. You just gave me that little "spark " I needed to get motivated to use it!! Thanks so much
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Your arms look amazing!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love love love that you ran around your basement like a hamster-now that's dedication! You look incredible!
  • kolbyjack
    Options
    Great job!! Thanks for sharing your story, it was very motivational!
  • ro_girl68
    ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    that's awesome good job!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    gorgeous!
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! you look great!
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    ^5's
  • how13
    how13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was feeling bad for in six months I only lost 20Lb .... I am an older person, you look great and very young.

I do my best with exercise . I just can not stay on track with the exercise, My knees are not in good shape.

Each week I start water exercise and will do it a couple of weeks and then I stop. If you do not mind sharing

how did you lose your lbs.????? keep up the good work.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kayleetruesdale
    Options
    You look great and your attitude is phenomenal. I just started walking/jogging today and I'm excited to keep it up (even though my body hurts everywhere right now).

Thanks for sharing your story! :)
  • lucyhoneychurch
    Options
    Wow Congrats!!1 You look incredible. I'm so glad you decided to share. I have a similar situation ( mother of 4 - youngest is 1) and in Jan 2011 I weighted 150lbs ( @ 5 ft) I saw a picture of myself, and was disgusted and decided to change. ( by eating healthy and walking) I currently weigh 133 and still have a way to go . I just got the 30 day shred and was not sure if it would truely work or not. But after seeing your pics and reading your story I truely believe it will. You just gave me that little "spark " I needed to get motivated to use it!! Thanks so much
    Rbosley, thanks for the kind words! I really hope my experience can inspire you. It's totally possible to do this. And I'm 38 years old-- it's never too late to start. The hardest thing I had to do was adjust my attitude. (Later on, the hardest thing to adjust is your willpower, but that's another story). Even though I didn't see results for the first 3 weeks, I told myself that the changes would come and I had to keep working hard at it. The day that I put on my trusty size 10 cargo capris and they fell to the floor when I buttoned them was truly a shock. I love your positive attitude as well... you can totally do this! :flowerforyou:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    you are gorgeous, I love that grey dress!

GG
  • lucyhoneychurch
    Options
    Hi

I was feeling bad for in six months I only lost 20Lb .... I am an older person, you look great and very young.

I do my best with exercise . I just can not stay on track with the exercise, My knees are not in good shape.

Each week I start water exercise and will do it a couple of weeks and then I stop. If you do not mind sharing

how did you lose your lbs.????? keep up the good work.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how13, good for you for doing water exercise. I can't swim, but I wish I could do that. I heard that a water workout is awesome!
    Re: exercise, for the first 3-4 months I literally stuck to the same routine: kids gone to bed, put on my shoes and go to my basement to do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. After that, I'd put on earbuds, strap on my iPod Touch, and jog/run laps in my basement. Because I'd get dizzy if I were running in a circle all the time, and to maximize a small space, I would run in place and raise my knees very high (like marching at a very fast pace) but inch forward slowly. I'd follow the wall until it hit a corner, pivot, then run along the next wall. It really did remind me of a hamster in a wheel, looking like I was going nowhere. I could burn another 300 calories doing this for 30 minutes. Finally, I'd end my workout with sets of crunches on the floor. When the weather got better, I started doing some outdoor running, but since I had the kids with me and out of habit, I'd let them play on a school playground while I ran the perimeter of the parking lot. I also switched from the 30 Day Shred to Ripped in 30 (another Jillian DVD).

Because you say that you have bad knees, the impact of running and at a high cadence would probably not feel great. I don't know your situation, if you can walk on a track or in your neighborhood, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with walking as long as you get a sweat from it. If you have gym access, they say that ellipticals are the machine of choice. My treadmill had broken, which is why I resorted to the hamster runs.

Exercise was only 50% of the equation, however. I had to seriously change how I ate. Even now I'm not perfect at the eating part, I've got weaknesses (dark chocolate covered acai berries. Oy!), but you can lose pounds by altering your diet as well. Remember, you did lost 20 pounds and that is a great accomplishment in of itself. :happy: Feel free to message me if you want to chitchat more!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    Options
    you are gorgeous, I love that grey dress!

GG

Thank you! I wish I could keep it; it was borrowed, and it gave me tremendous confidence. I had zero belief that I could fit into it when I tried it on. I'm glad I didn't chicken out. Now I'm on a mission to find more dresses like that. Who knew how good one could feel if your clothes actually FIT? My friends keep telling me to retire all my black, baggy t-shirts. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!