Finally, after 6 months & 37 lbs, I'm ready to share!

Options

Replies

• kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! I bet you feel great! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    Wow Congrats!!1 You look incredible. I'm so glad you decided to share. I have a similar situation ( mother of 4 - youngest is 1) and in Jan 2011 I weighted 150lbs ( @ 5 ft) I saw a picture of myself, and was disgusted and decided to change. ( by eating healthy and walking) I currently weigh 133 and still have a way to go . I just got the 30 day shred and was not sure if it would truely work or not. But after seeing your pics and reading your story I truely believe it will. You just gave me that little "spark " I needed to get motivated to use it!! Thanks so much
    Rbosley, thanks for the kind words! I really hope my experience can inspire you. It's totally possible to do this. And I'm 38 years old-- it's never too late to start. The hardest thing I had to do was adjust my attitude. (Later on, the hardest thing to adjust is your willpower, but that's another story). Even though I didn't see results for the first 3 weeks, I told myself that the changes would come and I had to keep working hard at it. The day that I put on my trusty size 10 cargo capris and they fell to the floor when I buttoned them was truly a shock. I love your positive attitude as well... you can totally do this! :flowerforyou:
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    I am so glad you said it took you 3 weeks to see any results. I think that's my problem, I will work so hard for weeks and not see any changes, then I get so disappointed that I give up. So you just gave me the knowledge, not to quit so soon!! I love that your size 10 pants just fell to the floor( you must of been jumping for joy- that's awesome!!!) Going to change my mental attitude and not give up like you said!!!!! Thanks again for the motivation !!!! I love it ! P.S. You look Stunning!!!!
  • queen263
    queen263 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring. I have my 30 Day Shred decorated on the night stand now! I need to dust it off and get moving! Thanks for the kick in the butt that I need. You look amazing.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    queen263, lol! Yes, my DVD literally decorated my nightstand for two months before I decided to open it. Nice and dusty.

This morning when picking up one of my kiddos, a mom that I had met at the beginning of the summer approached me and asked if I had lost a lot of weight over the summer. I was proud to talk about it, and she was surprised/embarrassed because she owned the JM DVD at home and hadn't opened it either! She wondered if it would work, and I'm walking proof that it CAN. Her girlfriend walking with her said that it probably took a lot of dedication, and YES IT DOES.

If you have the tools, then go ahead and dedicate your time to reinventing yourself. What have you got to lose except pounds? I didn't think I could make the time for working out. My treadmill broke and I wondered how I'd get my cardio in, late at night when I couldn't go run outside. But I figured it out, and it can be done.

Make the time! Make the effort! It is so worth it! :smile:
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your sweet words on my post!! Our stories are really similar!! You look amazing and so gorgeous!! I am truly inspired!!! Congrats on your journey!! :heart:
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You have fab arms!!!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This was exactly what I needed to read today! I am so happy for you!!
  • NaturalKween_25
    NaturalKween_25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thank you:bigsmile:
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    congratulations! thank you for sharing your story!
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    Woah! Look at those hot legs! :D Inspirational story and amazing pictures.

Good job you!!
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! What a wonderful story, I thank you for sharing. I've started the Shred two different times, and both times, backed off and went back to C25K and brisk walking. I *need* to finish one or the other (preferably both, eventually!) right now I'm on the treadmill again, but I "technically" have 7 more weeks to finish C25K....I just don't have the confidence in myself yet, to do Jillian's program and the running together. I love hearing success stories with the 30DS!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! What a wonderful story, I thank you for sharing. I've started the Shred two different times, and both times, backed off and went back to C25K and brisk walking. I *need* to finish one or the other (preferably both, eventually!) right now I'm on the treadmill again, but I "technically" have 7 more weeks to finish C25K....I just don't have the confidence in myself yet, to do Jillian's program and the running together. I love hearing success stories with the 30DS!

I have all jillian dvds and i rotate them on different days. I'll do one dvd and add 30 mts on my treadmill at least 5X a week. The dvd's do work to get you toned up. most are only 30 mts.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was actually doing that also, when I started 30 DS, and was doing okay, with a brisk walk (about 3.5 mph) I'm just not sure I can do the running part of C25K right after (not so much now, but towards the end of the program, running 25 min, etc...at least now, with my fitness level. But reading more success stories like this, makes me want to go back to the Shred, and walking/cardio afterwards... :)
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! your arms are so tone!
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story. You look fab! Congratulations!
  • 5mommy
    Options
    You look fabulous, great job ;)
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanx for sharing.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    What a GREAT story!!!! Thank you for posting!!!! I just finished the 30 day shred yesterday and started Turbo Jam today. Although I have seen results, I'm still at least 15 pounds away from my goal. Reading your story gives me hope and determination that it can happen, I can do it, and it is worth sticking to it! THANK YOU! YOU LOOK SO FABULOUS!!!!!!! :)
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look fantastic! I am a mother of 2 children under the age of 2 and currently doing the 30 Day Shred - it's awesome! I have almost finished Level 2 and looking forward to Level 3. Thanks for the motivation! xo
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!