Starting 30 Day Shred on Monday...10/24/11

Options

Replies

• projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 Done. I didn't do it this morning because I had to leave extra early for clinicals. It was really hard to get motivated this afternoon to do it. It's because of my friends here at MFP that I sucked it up and put on my big girl panties and faced Jillian. I'm aching from head to toe. The front of my legs are the worst.....I'm walking like an old lady. I'm planning on Sunday to be my rest day.

Way to go everyone on day 3.

Btw...I tried to put the graphic in my signature but it's really big and doesn't fit on the screen. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I copied the link that was a couple pages back. Is there a new link?

Thanks,
    Kristy
  • KFerretti78
    Options
    Finished Day 3 and I'm not as sore (right now) as I thought I'd be. I did find away around her talking though... I lower the volume and put on my ipod. Gives me something different to listen too and since we pretty much know the routine now you don't have to listen to her cues..... or endless jabbering!

Here's to being this positive trying to get out of bed in the morning when I'll be really sore!
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 Done. I didn't do it this morning because I had to leave extra early for clinicals. It was really hard to get motivated this afternoon to do it. It's because of my friends here at MFP that I sucked it up and put on my big girl panties and faced Jillian. I'm aching from head to toe. The front of my legs are the worst.....I'm walking like an old lady. I'm planning on Sunday to be my rest day.

Way to go everyone on day 3.

Btw...I tried to put the graphic in my signature but it's really big and doesn't fit on the screen. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I copied the link that was a couple pages back. Is there a new link?

Hey Kristy..I know what you mean... I'm hurting as well...mostly my calves and my butt...JM is working me out well in that 27 minutes...I didn't want to work out tonight but I thought about the team...I'm just on Day 2 because I got started on Tuesday instead so to make up the day and catch up with everyone else...I plan to double up on Friday...get a session in during the am and another later that day... so on Monday I will be on day 7 with the rest of the group...

Congrats on making it through Day 3!
    Thanks,
    Kristy
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oooh I wanna join, although I started today :P Man, I forgot how hard this workout was...
  • projectkristy
    Options
    Zydeco...You're a brave woman facing JM twice in one day. Good luck :wink:
  • projectkristy
    Options
    Kferreti...I'm so jealous that you're not sore. I can't even sit on the toilet without screaming in pain. I hope that we are all able to make it out of bed in morning.

Hi Charismanoodles....love the name.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    i'll get my measurements tomorrow :) i'm finally off work >.<
    L1D3 the only body part i feel sore in is my legs.. everything else is good :)
  • MaterMama
    Options
    Did level 1 day 3 today. :D

I guess its a little easier but its still really hard. I have trouble with the first strength part. The arm thing with the weights kill my arms. And the lunges those are really hard too. That when I really feel it in my butt.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 day 3 today. :D

I guess its a little easier but its still really hard. I have trouble with the first strength part. The arm thing with the weights kill my arms. And the lunges those are really hard too. That when I really feel it in my butt.

How heavy are the weights you are using?
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Level 1, day 3.....DONE!!! Now it's time for a bubble bath!! ;)
  • ZCEmama
    ZCEmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Did L1 D4 last night. I FINALLY feel better. I just had to get over the day 3 hump. My legs were burning the first couple of days. Last night they didn't hurt as much so I was able to go deeper on the lunges. Today they feel a little sore, but a "good" sore, not like the last couple of days where I was limping around. LOL

How heavy are the weights that you guys are using? I'm using 5lbs and am REALLY feeling it in my shoulders.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Level 1, day 3.....DONE!!! Now it's time for a bubble bath!! ;)

LOL Apparently I can't count. Today was DAY 4!!!! :laugh:
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I've been using 3lb weights, been using since before starting 30DS, today they felt too comfortable, so I started with 5lb weights. They felt too heavy, so I alternated! :wink:
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Did L1 D4 last night. I FINALLY feel better. I just had to get over the day 3 hump. My legs were burning the first couple of days. Last night they didn't hurt as much so I was able to go deeper on the lunges. Today they feel a little sore, but a "good" sore, not like the last couple of days where I was limping around. LOL

How heavy are the weights that you guys are using? I'm using 5lbs and am REALLY feeling it in my shoulders.

I can't wait to get over this soreness....My calves are hurting!!!...
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 complete. I love alternating the levels from day to day. Makes Level 1 easier when you get back around to it.
    Burned 123 calories.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Reading about those of you with soreness, make me wonder if I'm not working hard enough. I sweat like crazy, so I'm working hard but I've not had much soreness. Not sure if that's good or bad.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Alicia, you are prob just in better shape than us to begin with. This exercise video is the first movement i've done all year. i have been such a sloth.

I just completed todays workout, and I did it so late because before work today i "didn't feel" like doing it. So all evenijng at work i was kicking myself for skipping it. I did the right thing and did it after work. ha

it is getting somewhat easier. It's definately not EASY, but i actually did all of the squat thrusts without having to rest my arms this time. woohoo! it's the small accomplishments that count right? Maybe by day 8 i will not even break a sweat :P
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 of Level 1, I'm using a lighter weight today, instead of none. So I'm switching between 3lb and 6lb dumbbells :P
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Alicia, you are prob just in better shape than us to begin with. This exercise video is the first movement i've done all year. i have been such a sloth.

I am totally flattered that you think so!! I sweat buckets doing it. But I have been jogging and doing other exercise these last few months. But still I thought I'd be sore, maybe when I move on to level 2?? Today I will do day 5. Maybe I just need to use the 5lb weights and not alternate w/ the 3lb ones. But again, I'm totally flattered and you made me smile! thanks! ;)
  • ZCEmama
    ZCEmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    L1 D5 last night. I was very excited that I was able to do more push ups last night! On the first day, I fell flat on my face LOL....