SPARTANS: No Excuses November! Sign Up Thread

Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

2. ** There will be a separate check in thread and separate conversation thread ** - I don't want the data getting lost among the hoots and hollers of all our success :)

This is a great idea!
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options

2. ** There will be a separate check in thread and separate conversation thread ** - I don't want the data getting lost among the hoots and hollers of all our success :)

This is a great idea!

Thanks. We're gonna have an explosion of pages, so I'm already thinking we might need to move to one thread per day. I didn't expect so many people to sign up! And I've been in big challenges before, where too much time is invested in just reading 5 pages of posts from that day alone. Can you imagine one thread for a week??

We'll have to adjust as we go :)
  • char2009
    Options
    I'll join!! I defintally need a kick in the butt!! :)

Name: Charlotte
    Goal: 154lbs
    Start weight: 158.7lbs
    Measurements: arms: 11.5, chest:38, waist: 29, lower waist: 33.5, hips: 41, thighs: 24, calf: 14.25
    height: 5'8

I always end up back around 160lbs - I'll get down to 156 and thats it so it would be nice to break that!! :)
  • sw33tn3ss07
    Options
    Name: Beatriz
    Goal: To lose 10 pounds during this challenge
    Start Weight: 139
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! x3

Name: Apryl
    Goal: Reach 165lbs
    Start Weight: 169.4
  • lesley_leigh
    lesley_leigh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Lesley
    Goal: loose 5 lbs, get stronger (so work muscles more) and try to walk at least 4 out of 7 days a week
    Start Weight: 141
    Start Measurements (if you want): neck: 14 in, waist 34 in, hips 37 in, r arm 11 in, r thigh 22, r calf 13 1/4 in, chest 39 in.
  • vanessav82
    Options
    I'm In

Name: Vanessa
    Starting weight: 175
    Goal Weight: 165
  • MegTK
    MegTK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. My goal is to exercise 5 days a week and lose 5 lbs this months. (That means I have to show up to dance class and not skip it at all this month...and since it's Nov, I'll have to find something to fill in those days when the studio is closed)

SW=159
    GW= 154
  • KaylynDanielle10
    Options
    Im in!!!
    Name:Kaylyn
    SW:201
    Goal: lose 8-10lbs and exercise 30 mins a day
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Really could use something like this...I just started on MFP yesterday...excited

Name: Tina
    Goal: To Lose 8 to 10lbs by the end of nov
    and to exercise daily for atleast 30 min
    Sw: 237
  • Dclem1206
    Options
    Im in!

Name: Dwayne

Starting weight: 289

Goal weight: 275

I wouldn't mind shedding an inch or two off my 49 inch waist.
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newest Spartans! Two days to go!

Today I woke up and drank a protein shake. I am flirting with the idea of liquids only tomorrow. I have some delicious leftovers I want to eat up today :)

What are you guys doing for the next two days? What's everyone's plan going to be? I see some people are doing the 30 day shred - what is that?
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Another SPARTAN here!!!!

SW 194.6
    GW. 187
  • Dclem1206
    Options
    No idea for a plan yet. As a truck driver it can be hard to get excersize and a lot of the time im stuck trying to excersize in my truck. I think ill search for some good excersizes to be done on small spaces and do a ton of those.
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options

Today I woke up and drank a protein shake. I am flirting with the idea of liquids only tomorrow. I have some delicious leftovers I want to eat up today :)

What are you guys doing for the next two days? What's everyone's plan going to be? I see some people are doing the 30 day shred - what is that?

Tomorrow is a rest day before either running straight after work or going straight to the gym. My weakness is going home first then not being able to motivate myself to go back out the door again once I'm settled in the house
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Well, I attended my first ever spinning class this morning :)
    Talk about hard work... prob the hardest 45 mins I have ever done but I plan to go back on Wednesday!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

I plan to just enjoy today and not worry about it. Tomorrow I'm going to be paying closer attention to my eating and try and ease back into tracking. That's it.

I'm so excited for this challenge, and I'm so happy to see how big this group is getting!! Yay!!

30 Day Shred is a Jillian Micheal's DVD. It's a circuit workout, she has you do 3 circuits of 3 minutes of cardio, 2 minutes of strength, and 1 minute of abs. The whole workout ends up being only just over 20 minutes. You're supposed to do it 4-5 days a week for 30 days. Most people try and do it every day, though.
  • surveying
    surveying Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate

Please count me in.

My start weight as of yesterday is 213 lb
    Target weight 154lb

Will be doing my best to achieve whatever I can in the meantime.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    SSSOOO EXCITED that tomorrow is the day to start being challenged! I am walking today and tomorrow I am going to attempt to run 1.25 miles (as that is what the track is measured at!) for the first time since a horrible injury 2 years ago. SUPER PSYCHED!
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween everyone!

I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for the last 4 days--whew! It is a good workout packed into a short period of time. I am feeling good, I am going to try to do it every day in November, but if I miss a couple (will likely miss Thanksgiving day) of days I'm not going to get down on myself.

A little bummed, I seem to have hit a plateau and I was hoping the exercise would help me break it but so far, no go. I do feel good though and I am seeing a difference in my shape and that is what it important :)

I will do my measurements tonight and work out again in the morning.

have a great day all!