What do you think about when exercising....

Options

Replies

• emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    Normal think bout the future, or how easy it is being healthy at the moment, when I'm doing a walk but if it's hard work like boxing I just look forward to it ending
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    99% of what I think about is not appropriate but the other 1% I think about how awesome I will look in my wedding dress when I finally reach my goal.
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.... huff huff hufff... BREATHE!!! BREATHE!!!! OMG it's only been 2 minutes and I'm winded? Gosh I'm so out of shape. Have to have the music playing, I'm in my zone.... Wow it's been 10 minutes? boy those first 5 minutes were a killer... I can soooo do this... oh look I am doing this... Still have to breathe though.
    I have asthma so I really can't run for very long without huffing and puffing but I make a go of it everytime regardless, what's the worst that can happen? I'll pass out and my workout will be done, ha ha....
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    mostly I think about not falling down :sad:

and keeping outta the mirror reflection...that'll zap my momentum in an instant :embarassed:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Form right?? is my form right? how many reps was that. one, two, one, two ... bend knees, back straight, one, two... etc :)

thats me too when weightlifting. trying to make that mind-body connection. for cardio i listen to the most entertaining podcast i have at that time.

I try to keep 'good form' while running, too! this is always in my mind :laugh:
  • ptrain987
    Options
    i choose what genre of music i want to listen to on my ipod and i zone out....and if i have trouble zoning out i sing to myself but when i do that i feel like i'm running out of breath lmao
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    For me, I get onto the machine, turn on my music and start going... the whole time picturing the the person i could be, the person i should be, and the person i am going to be...

What do you think about?

This^^^^

It's helps me put more into my workouts. I mostly think of the person I am going to be. I can't lie though, sometimes I think when is this going to be over?! (Depending on what I do).
  • TriciaAnn81
    Options
    I pop in the earphones and start chugging away. Sometimes I think about that treat I allowed myself earlier, and how much easier it is to put in calories than take out. Sometimes I think about how much I hate the d*mn machine!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    LOL:laugh: i workout to JM so its mainly " ugh come on stop talkin i can't stay like this forever.", "Geez i am finish yet" and on a good day haha "wooooh that was quick"
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.... huff huff hufff... BREATHE!!! BREATHE!!!! OMG it's only been 2 minutes and I'm winded? Gosh I'm so out of shape. Have to have the music playing, I'm in my zone.... Wow it's been 10 minutes? boy those first 5 minutes were a killer... I can soooo do this... oh look I am doing this... Still have to breathe though.
    Hahah! This is me too
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,693 Member
    Options
    For me, I get onto the machine, turn on my music and start going... the whole time picturing the the person i could be, the person i should be, and the person i am going to be...

What do you think about?
    I focus on contracting the muscle I'm working. Many people don't know how to "feel" the muscle working and just go through the mechanics of the lift. Learning how to flex the muscle and contract it hard will get the muscle in better condition.
  • spottedlee
    Options

What do you think about?
    burn, burn, burn.. unless the water is dang cold as it did this morning (thermosat was broken, and all I thought,,,, cold, cold, cold.. LOL)
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I mostly work out outdoors, on my bike. If I'm on a paved path, I'm watching the scenery roll by, paying attention to my breathing and keeping my quads on a slow burn, while keeping a look down the path so I don't roll over any pedestrians or other cyclists. When I'm riding singletrack, I don't have enough spare brain to think about anything except the flow of the trail and managing the climbs / obstacles / rocks in the path.

I do love a nice, swoopy flowy downhill section, though. There's nothing that feels like flying as much as blasting down a 12" wide trail at 20 MPH, focused on nothing except the next move. Until I crash. Then, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong and how to stop the bleeding.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When walking, I'm in my own little world.

At the gym, I'm in stimuli overload, many TVs, loud music, and the people watching, man I love the people watching.

GG
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When I'm running on the treadmill these four things usually come back to my mind at some point:

1. I've only run "xx" distance?/ I still have "xx" minutes to go??
    2. I can't give up - wonder woman wouldn't stop running after 3 minutes!
    3. That guy in the weight room is hot.
    4. My pants are too loose in the waist! They need more capri pants for pear shapes!
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    While exercising at home I'm usually listening to, or making music, but the thing that I think about most is generally "don't drop the weights, dear god, DON'T drop the weights as they will land on your face!!"
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I love running outside, so i watch the views, getting away from chasing dogs, watching people walking about, trying to imagine where they have been or going. I dont run with music in as i like to listen to the noises, particulaly at night, there are some great and scary noises about and sometime the view are even better at night with street lamps down in the valley. This keeps it fresh and never gets boring! I also consentrat on my breathing and foot impact, this passes the time very quickly
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I listen to music during cardio - certain songs really push me to go harder. I think about how in shape I'm going to be and how I'll be able to play with my future grandkids and go hiking with my husband!
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When i am on a zone 2 (HR 120-160 bpm) fat burning cycle or an endurance ride, these are my favourite times... I think and pray thru everything going on in my life, it's when I process my thoughts, concerns, and prepare my mind for the day/life. When I am doing a zone 3 power cycle I concentrate on my performance, my cadence, keeping my pulse in zone 3 @ 160-220 bpm, and keeping my breathing slow and regular.

When I am swimming I do a lot of people watching and keeping my form good, breathing and counting the number of lengths I have done.

When running I try to think of anything but running! Cos I hate it! I look at the scenery, meditate on something, think about a positive memory... Anything to fight off what my body is screaming at me ... *stop running*

When doing core work, I just count the reps and focus on breathing and counting.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I am completely in the moment when I workout, I think of nothing but the exercise itself, before you know it 60-90 minutes have passed as if time stood still. I smile and think man that was fun, lets do it again.