Ha!~ Large Frame BMI! I knew it :O)

Options

Replies

• recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many FEET in diameter my wrist needs to be for my 59% BMI to be merely "overweight".......................?
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    As a result of this post, I am now considering changing my approach to weight loss, health & fitness.

As well as focusing on losing weight, I am also considering growing taller too. :laugh:

LOL. :laugh: Do you think they make an app for that?
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If this is accurate...I just went from Obese to Overweight :o)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    So I measured my wrist and its 6 ins I'm 5ft 5 and 140 And has I lose weight my wrists gets smaller so does my feet.
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • samanthahien
    Options
    im 5'2 (wrist 6.2") and was alway in the "overweight" categorie, not anymore im normal bc of my large frame. :) thanks for sharing!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    I'm a small framed gal apparently... and all my life we've used the term "big-boned" incorrectly to make me feel better about my weight :P I'm definitely starting to notice that small frame coming out from underneath all of the weight that's disappeared! I'm 0.8 from a healthy BMI now :)

Thanks for sharing though, doing the calculations was definitely interesting, even if I can't claim a large frame to lower my BMI :P
  • andforpoise
    Options
    So I measured my wrist and its 6 ins I'm 5ft 5 and 140 And has I lose weight my wrists gets smaller so does my feet.

So I'm not just crazy? I thought my feet were shrinking because I lost weight...but others thought I was imagining things... I can fit a size 7.5-8 now and I used to be between 8.5 and 10...
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    So I'm not just crazy? I thought my feet were shrinking because I lost weight...but others thought I was imagining things... I can fit a size 7.5-8 now and I used to be between 8.5 and 10...

(Keep in mind I'm 5'11) I wore a size 12 when I was overweight and wear an 11 at healthy weight. You absolutely can go down shoe sizes! You go down ring sizes don't you? :O) Feet are the same!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yeah! makes me a lot closer to overweight than I had thought! And my wrists stay about the same size when i lose weight, but my feet do get a bit smaller.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    This will be helpful to take into account when I later decide on a final goal. At 5'8" and a wrist (not fat - mine is nearly all in my belly and thighs) that is 6.5", I am right on the lower end of the large frame. When I am a good weight for me, I still wear a size 12 due to shoulders and hips. I can't imagine myself at some of the weights I have seen on charts - I would look sick and anemic!

Thank you!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This will be helpful to take into account when I later decide on a final goal. At 5'8" and a wrist (not fat - mine is nearly all in my belly and thighs) that is 6.5", I am right on the lower end of the large frame. When I am a good weight for me, I still wear a size 12 due to shoulders and hips. I can't imagine myself at some of the weights I have seen on charts - I would look sick and anemic!

Thank you!

Exactly how I felt! I could conceiveably get to the HIGHEST end's number on my Normal BMI scale... But not much below that. This puts it into some perpspective. All BMI info is meant as a guide, but this just helped to make it seem a little less ridiculous! :O)
  • legsinc2
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just looked at two sites. One site had me at large framed, and the next one had me at small framed.

^^ Just as I was going to say. I checked this out again. . . :( I am always hopeful for something exciting though!
  • AineAbarrach
    Options
    i was going to post a topic about this but I'm glad i searched first! I'm only 21 and i weigh 195 pounds (i was 208 from december 2011) and have always had an issue with doctors and bmi calculators saying that for my height of 5 foot I need to be between 94-130 pounds to be in a healthy range... I always thought that was ridiculous because I have a larger frame. I finally sat down and searched and found a site (http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php) to calculate frame size which linked to another bmi calculator (http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/ideal-body-weight-calculator.php) and it said to add 10%. now my healthy weight range is between 104-140.... it's only like 10 pounds difference, but it seems like a much more believable goal than previously. Also my goal is 150 so another 10 pounds after that doesn't seem so scary versus another 20!
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    bump for later
  • hodabfly
    Options
    Yay! feel so much better, thank you!
  • jcputerbaugh
    jcputerbaugh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do appreciate everyone's dedication to weight loss and adopting healthier lifestyles, and I hope you all achieve the goals you set.

Unsurprisingly, my wrists got smaller in circumference when I lost ~20% of my weight. So my prior justification of the BMI calculator not putting ME in the overweight category because I'm 'big-boned' just was an excuse I was making to myself. I lost fat (not height, bone size or density) and voila! I'm no longer in the overweight range.
  • wanda1239
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!