Just Dance 3 Challenge/Game

Options
Ok guys, let's have some fun! I suggest we do this just like the JD2 group is...3 songs, but with a twist. Shall we count scores or sweat points? Once we decide, I will start and choose the song combo to do! Then the winner of these 3 songs picks the next 3 song combo and so forth. If we do this together, we can open "gifts" together and win medals!
I am ready! Who is with me?
~Ans~

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! We're renting the game now, and seriously thinking about buying it, it's awesome! I'd vote tracking points rather than sweat points, but that's just because I haven't played around with that yet.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I put a bug in my wife's ear about getting the game so I'll join when I get it. I do want to rent it before I get it.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    YAY! Well I can explain a little (what I know so far) about the game, if anyone doesn't know all about it or is thinking of getting it.

At the beginning screen (main menu): You have Dance, Sweat, Store, and Options.

If you choose Dance, it will go to the song list and you can scroll along to choose one. (I think there are 45 songs) When you perform the song it will give you points on how well you did the movements. This is your "Score". You also get little side comments like "Lazy" or "In Rhythm" lol

If you choose Sweat at the main menu, you see the next screen says "Free Session" and "7 Day Challenge". The free session is for 4 players. I don't know anything about this because I haven't done it yet. The "7 Day Challenge" is just what it says. 7 Days for you to rack up sweat points that are equal to other activities. Such as, the first challenge is the "Fresh Start". This challenges you to get 3500 sweat points in a week, 500 for the day and this is equal to walking for 30 mins a day! The next challenge is a step up. It's called the "Healthy Choice". This is 7000 sweat points for the week/1000 per day. This is equal to running 30 mins a day. The highest challenge is the "Sweat Explosion". This is 21,000 sweat points for the week! 3000 a day and equal to swimming for 30 mins. Choosing one of these challenges will automatically put the counter on your progress bar (where you get the stars top left of screen) The icon is a sweat drop and the points will add up! Side note: The first song you do will say (for instance) 300 sweat points. Then your next song might say 600 sweat points. That is, unfortunately, not indicating that you were totally awesome and sweating up a storm! That means you got another 300. And they are adding each of your song's sweat points together to get your whole day tally. So, as you do more songs, your points will be added together for every song. So you can see your progress!!

If you choose Store, that will take you to the Wii Store of JD3 and you can purchase extra songs for 250 Wii points each. There are only 4 extra songs at the moment. I hear there are more to come.

If you choose Extras, You will see Options, Medals, Archives, and Credits. If you choose Options you will get 4 choices to turn on or off (checkmark means ON): Display Lyrics, Display Pictograms(the little people in the right lower corner that show you the next dance move), Display help screens, and Usage Tracking (I have yet to find where this is tracked, can someone help me here?). If you choose Medals it will take you to the medal page where they are tracked. There are 16 different ones and each medal has 3 goals Such as: Get 1 star in every song, Get 3 stars in every song, Get 5 stars in every song: then you win the medal. If you choose Archives, well I don't know what will happen for you. I get an empty screen that says "wii memory left" and a number. And Credits list who made the game :happy:

Ok 2 last things then I swear I'll wrap it up: There is an option on the top right side of your screen and the top left side. The top left has a musical note. Choosing this will give you access to premade playlists of several genres: Pop. Rock, All 80s, etc. Top right has a giftbox and these are the "gifts" that you earn by getting stars performing the songs. Every star you get counts. There is a "countdown" page that will tell you how many stars you need to get a gift. They start out small like you need 5 stars, then 10, etc. When you hit the number that you need you get "gifts" like Mash-ups. These take a specific song and add dance moves from other songs. So if you get tired of the regular moves in that particular song, you can do the mash-up and mix it up a little. :wink:

Ok, I think that is all I know about the game so far. Please feel free to add or to help me out here. I just got started, so I certainly don't know everything :flowerforyou:

Thanks
    ~Ans~
  • ansleya
    Options
    Don't know if this will post, but Target still has the $5 off coupon up!

http://coupons.target.com/?page=4
  • xLyric
    Options
    Don't know if this will post, but Target still has the $5 off coupon up!

http://coupons.target.com/?page=4

Thanks for posting that! Do you know when it expires? (Or will be taken down?)
  • ansleya
    Options
    I don't know Lyric. I was surprised to see it still there. I used it about 2 weeks ago to get my game.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    sounds fun I love JD3
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I just got the game yesterday and plan on trying it for the first time tonight. Bumping this topic in case a challenge is started. I tend to get bored without one.
  • xLyric
    Options
    I just got the game yesterday and plan on trying it for the first time tonight. Bumping this topic in case a challenge is started. I tend to get bored without one.

Ditto. I'm worried I'll buy it and lose interest, but the Blockbuster here makes you buy it after ten days anyway, so I figure I'll get more gameplay out of it than that so I might as well buy it.

On easy vs normal: For anyone who doesn't know (I didn't when I started playing) easy means it tracks you as if you were playing on a Wii; it tracks your torso and hands, no need to do spins or jumps. Normal means it tracks your whole body. I don't think there's a significant scoring difference, does anyone else know?
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    For the coupon: I just printed it out, and it has an expiration date of 11/5/11
  • xLyric
    Options
    For the coupon: I just printed it out, and it has an expiration date of 11/5/11

Excellent, thanks!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Bump. Do we have enough people to start anything?
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Tried it for the first time tonight and I really like it. Started with the easy 7 day sweat - and danced for about 30 minutes til I got tired way past what I needed for the 1st day- just worried that it didn't save as I didn't see anyplace to save it.
  • LexieSweetheart
    Options
    Tried it for the first time tonight and I really like it. Started with the easy 7 day sweat - and danced for about 30 minutes til I got tired way past what I needed for the 1st day- just worried that it didn't save as I didn't see anyplace to save it.

I am pretty sure it saves automatically under your player name
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Maybe a dumb question but are the options the same for the XBox Kinect? I have the Kinect and wanted this game as soon as I saw it advertised. My kids do it with me. So if I have this version can I join??
  • xLyric
    Options
    Maybe a dumb question but are the options the same for the XBox Kinect? I have the Kinect and wanted this game as soon as I saw it advertised. My kids do it with me. So if I have this version can I join??

That's what I have, no worries! Actually, that's what I assumed everyone was playing on since that's what I have. :blushing: My bad, haha. Maybe I need a nap.

That's a good question to ask, what's everyone playing on?
  • ansleya
    Options
    I am on a Wii. So I guess the options might be a little different. We don't have the ability to choose tracking, it just does the whole body for us! But there is no reason why we can't do this all together. I guess my only question would be: Are the songs the same?

I think we have plenty of people for a challenge! And hopefully, more will come join us! I'll see who I can round up today and then I'll post some songs tonight to get started officially tomorrow! \o/

~Ans~
  • xLyric
    Options
    I think as long as we all have 3 we have the same songs. The only difference should be whether you've bought it or are renting it, because if you bought it from Target, you have two extra songs, Airplanes and some Rhianna song, and if you bought it from Best Buy you have two extra Katy Perry songs, and if you're renting it you have neither. So maybe if you have the extra songs (or any that you bought from the online store) those are off limits for the challenges.
  • xLyric
    Options
    Bump!
  • LexieSweetheart
    Options
    I am on my second day of the walking challenge. I also have JD summer party or whatever the heck it is called lol