November challenge !!!!!!!!!!!! : >

Options

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The rules........

1 . My first couple goals will include staying at 1500 calories or so, drinking 128 oz of water & exercising 2 times a day..

2. 1 Good Habit will be to eat dinner early enough to take a walk afterwards.

3. I will try to check in everyday !!!! good or bad .

4. I haven't mastered taking a day off of exercise yet!

Today I ate a bit over my calories but I'm okay because I burned a decent amount.
    Today I didn't walk my dog but I did take care of myself at the gym before dinner.
    Today I'm checking in an reporting that I am okay with my choices, I did a lot of extra eating here & there but I can't go back!
    Today I can't think of a day this week that should be a "rest day".
    I hope everyone else had a good day today!! Elimay? How'd you do??

I WILL make November a great month !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nicobh
    Nicobh Posts: 19
    Options
    Day 9: A good day for all goals except water - I've only had 32 ounces so far. I plan to drink another 16 ounces within the next couple hours. I'll be attending a family event tomorrow and Friday, so I may not get a chance to check in again until Saturday. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to make good food choices since there will be a variey. I'll report how that went when I get back. Happy thoughts to everyone to keep working at your goals!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Sorry I have been like a robot lately but I am in too many challenges!! It is important that I at least check in with all. Elimay you have sooooo much going on! And the people around you have a lot going on, ths makes you a strong person in my opinion!! I watch too much Oprah so I will leave it at that!! (Whooo, ever watcher her Lifeclass??)

Great group of challengers, I even enjoy the ones who comment only "Bad Day". It makes me feel normal. Not everyday (for me) is a perfect logging day but I personally am thankful to read that people are like me. Not to mention, I soak up all positivity on MFP and that is what keeps me going.

Feel better Elimay, glad to know you enjoyed yoru time wtih your husband. EVERYONE ELSE, let's make the best of the rest of this week!! Good luck!!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Baaaaad day.

Sorry you had a bad day Ellibell, We all have those days dont get discouraged . Thank you for checking in :happy: Just do a fresh start :wink:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Sorry I have been like a robot lately but I am in too many challenges!! It is important that I at least check in with all. Elimay you have sooooo much going on! And the people around you have a lot going on, ths makes you a strong person in my opinion!! I watch too much Oprah so I will leave it at that!! (Whooo, ever watcher her Lifeclass??)

Great group of challengers, I even enjoy the ones who comment only "Bad Day". It makes me feel normal. Not everyday (for me) is a perfect logging day but I personally am thankful to read that people are like me. Not to mention, I soak up all positivity on MFP and that is what keeps me going.

Feel better Elimay, glad to know you enjoyed yoru time wtih your husband. EVERYONE ELSE, let's make the best of the rest of this week!! Good luck!!
    Thank you Istnlondry. I actually feel really great tonight just wrong combo last night. Sorry I dont mean to be a downer Its just been a crazy year but im in a good place right now. I havent watched that yet I will have to look into it. By the way I went over my calories tonight I ate and then logged opps :noway: Oh well I feel I still had an exceptional day. I agree Lets do it :bigsmile:
  • elimay59
    Options
    I didn't workout today, but did stuff around the house so hopefully some of that counts. I logged in everything I ate, and was over but not too badly. If I can get some sleep in tonight, then I anticipate tomorrow being a better day. Hope everyone else had a good day.
    Of course that counts :smile: Thank you Have a good thursday :happy:
  • sunshine012404
    Options
    Hello November challenge group and Mom!! Everyone is doing soo good!! Mom, you are doing such a great job putting on this challenge!!! I'm very impressed, it's a lot of work. I'm late starting but wanna jump in from here.

Goals:
    1. Track every day no matter what
    2. Stay in my calorie goals
    3. Exercise every day

Healthy habit:
    Daily Bible reading
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello November challenge group and Mom!! Everyone is doing soo good!! Mom, you are doing such a great job putting on this challenge!!! I'm very impressed, it's a lot of work. I'm late starting but wanna jump in from here.

Goals:
    3. Exercise every day

Healthy habit:
    Daily Bible reading

Welcome! Nice goals!
  • amsw1275
    amsw1275 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Its early in the day yet for me to check in, but I just realized something. First, thank you Elimay for starting this challenge. As I put down when the challenge started, I needed motivation because while I want to lose weight, it see-saws within a few pounds. I'll be good for a few days or a few weeks, and then life generally interferes and I stop. Now that we're approaching the holidays and colder weather, the urge to eat more is definitely there. I am not as motivated as I should be, but by having to report in everyday, I am a little bit better than if I was just doing this on my own.

What I'm excited about is when I weighed in this morning, I actually had a new number on the scale that I hadn't seen in a while. I didn't realize it at the time I weighed in, but later started to look at the different reports and saw I haven't had the number while on MFP. It showed I'm all of 5 lbs down from whenever I started on MFP ages ago. Not a big number, but again, I see-saw. I haven't hit that number in over the past 6-12 months. The lowest I got was 4.8 lbs down, and then I'd go back up. So as of today, I have reached a new number on the scale that I haven't seen in about 1 1/2 years, and I didn't even realize it. My short term goal is to get down another three, and if I can do that, I'll have broken through a weight barrier. All together, I have another 8-11 lbs to get to what I think is my right weight. Not a huge number, but I fluctuate within a few pounds and that's all the movement I generally see. So, with the holidays, and snow on the horizon, this will continue to be a big challenge even if I'm looking for smaller numbers.
  • elimay59
    Options

Goals:
    3. Exercise every day

Healthy habit:
    Daily Bible reading
    YAY its my sunshine :heart: Of course you are welcome :bigsmile: Love your goals especially your good habbit :wink: You just made my day :tongue: Love you !!!!!!!! you can do it :happy:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Its early in the day yet for me to check in, but I just realized something. First, thank you Elimay for starting this challenge. As I put down when the challenge started, I needed motivation because while I want to lose weight, it see-saws within a few pounds. I'll be good for a few days or a few weeks, and then life generally interferes and I stop. Now that we're approaching the holidays and colder weather, the urge to eat more is definitely there. I am not as motivated as I should be, but by having to report in everyday, I am a little bit better than if I was just doing this on my own.

What I'm excited about is when I weighed in this morning, I actually had a new number on the scale that I hadn't seen in a while. I didn't realize it at the time I weighed in, but later started to look at the different reports and saw I haven't had the number while on MFP. It showed I'm all of 5 lbs down from whenever I started on MFP ages ago. Not a big number, but again, I see-saw. I haven't hit that number in over the past 6-12 months. The lowest I got was 4.8 lbs down, and then I'd go back up. So as of today, I have reached a new number on the scale that I haven't seen in about 1 1/2 years, and I didn't even realize it. My short term goal is to get down another three, and if I can do that, I'll have broken through a weight barrier. All together, I have another 8-11 lbs to get to what I think is my right weight. Not a huge number, but I fluctuate within a few pounds and that's all the movement I generally see. So, with the holidays, and snow on the horizon, this will continue to be a big challenge even if I'm looking for smaller numbers.
    [quote}
    Your welcome it really helps me too :happy: . GOOD JOB that is an awesome loss :flowerforyou: glad to have you in the challenge :wink:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Good morning. I feel really good ,ready to head to work, so I will check in latter. Be strong fight those urges we can do it :bigsmile:
  • Elleebell
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I didn't have the chance to check in yesterday! I spent all day helping my dad install the bathtub and wall surround and boy was I ready for bed when my daughter finally fell asleep! I stayed within my calories and didn't get a chance to exercise. :)
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Checking in for day 10.
    Drinking again bad. I have been away for work all day, i had a few cups of tea but not enough.
    Then stupidly i went to do groceries while hungry and got spareribs. So bad dinner.
    Stayed in the green, but havent had my evening sweet yet.
    Sleeping, well my workweek is over so i can sleep late and hopefully i will.
    Haven't done yoga all week, so got to do something tomorrow.

To sum up not to bad, but room for improvement!
    See/ read you tomorrow.
  • amsw1275
    amsw1275 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I didn't have the chance to check in yesterday! I spent all day helping my dad install the bathtub and wall surround and boy was I ready for bed when my daughter finally fell asleep! I stayed within my calories and didn't get a chance to exercise. :)

Sounds like installing a bathtub was exercise in itself.
  • jenergy_20
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

Just a fast check in.. yesterday was good :smile: Today not so good :ohwell:

I'm back at it 1st thing tomorrow.

Hope ya all had a :smile: day!
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday. Dang it! So far all goals are being met except the exercise. The leg is doing GREAT. Ready to get the staples out and the boot off and then get back on the bike, treadmill, elliptical, line dancing. Cannot wait. You all are doing a FANTASTIC job! Elimay you are an inspiration to all of us. What a GREAT bunch of people. See you all tomorrow.
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think with my new work schedule, I'll just check in in the morning! (:
    I'll be working, on my feet, going up and down stairs, for about 9.5 hours, from 6:30pm to 5:00am.

Went over 17 calories today! I have failed everything!
    Just kidding! :laugh:
    Other goals were fine, but no exercising.
    Anyone else find that the word exercise looks really weird spelled out? o_O

Keep it up, guys and gals! Week two is halfway over~
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    The rules........

1 . My first couple goals will include staying at 1500 calories or so, drinking 128 oz of water & exercising 2 times a day..

2. 1 Good Habit will be to eat dinner early enough to take a walk afterwards.

3. I will try to check in everyday !!!! good or bad .

4. I haven't mastered taking a day off of exercise yet!

Today I ate a bit over my calories but I'm okay because I burned a decent amount.
    Today I did walk my dog before dinner, which is just as well as my smoothie stood still in my belly & I wanted to eat dinner early.
    Today I'm checking in an reporting that I am okay with my choices.
    Today I decided that Sunday will be my rest day as we are having a potluck breakfast & I am looking forward to eating A LOT.
    I hope everyone else had a good day today!! Elimay? How'd you do??

I WILL make November a great month !!!!!!!!!!!
  • sunshine012404
    Options
    Ok so I met all of my goals today!! Stay under my calories, counted all my points even though I didn't want to count it all :grumble: because I thought I might be over :blushing: (but I wasn't!) :) I did 50 minutes of the stairmill and my good habit today - woo hoo!!! :bigsmile: