Dear Mom!

Options

Replies

• Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Dear Mom,

I love you and I understand that I live in your house and respect you completely. But you DO NOT understand that constant and consistent clicking to me is like someone smacking food. You are on your iPod clicking away while I am trying to watch T.V., eat, work out, talk to you, talk on the phone. You sit on your iPod while dad and I are trying to enjoy T.V. and all I hear is loud clicking... This has been going on for a year now and you wonder why I get so angry and storm off after an hour of trying to be in peace, I CAN HEAR THE CLICKING THROUGH MY DOOR. No matter how many times I ask or how mad I get you DO NOT turn your sound effects off. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIGURE OUT WHERE THE MUTE BUTTON IS

You call me nuts for getting mad, the first month I was okay but this is A YEAR later. PLEASE LEARN TO TURN THE &$^*$#$&^%$ SOUND EFFECTS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your loving daughter

Moofey :)

LET ME ADD THIS

I planned on moving out 4-5 months ago, it took me a VERY long time to save up 5,000.00. I do pay for everything I use, even food. But I did total my car, and also helped with the hospital bills. So that whiped me out, that is why I am still home now. Trying to save up money again... My parents are fine with it but I would like to be out in November.

What is something that annoys you about someone you love?

Do tell!

Dear Moofey

I for one completely understand your predicament. I also understand that most of those reading this OBVIOUSLY didn't read the last part. SHE JUST SAID SHE CANT MOVE OUT!!!!!

D*mn people dont be rude. Yall know you complain about people you love. Dont tell me you didn't complain when your son spilt that milk on the carpet after you have told him over and over again to ask for help when needed. Dont tell me you dont complain about your husband who consistently leaves the cap off the tooth paste and puts the dishes in the wrong side of the sink. Dont tell me you dont complain when your best friend cancels a day you were supposed to hang, to hang with someone else. This is the same thing.

Next time someone is having a rough time, needs to vent or needs to cry why not do yourself and the world a favor and instead of replying with snotty remarks and rude statements, simply pull up a chair and listen to what the person has to say. Because you know what we all want to be listened to. Sometimes just an ear to yell into is all we wish.

Signed,
    Ellie

P.S. you can yell or rant or complain about anything anytime to me. :)

Thank you very much! I appriciate this very much!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Uhhh, can't you just SHOW HER how to turn down the sound on the Ipod? From the sound of it, she has an Ipod Touch, which I also have. It's NOT HARD to turn the sound off. Really.
  • Moofey
    Options
    Uhhh, can't you just SHOW HER how to turn down the sound on the Ipod? From the sound of it, she has an Ipod Touch, which I also have. It's NOT HARD to turn the sound off. Really.

I have, she likes the sound on to every game she does. Lol, this includes shooter games. I never normally mind unless we are watching t.v. Lol
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I have, she likes the sound on to every game she does. Lol, this includes shooter games. I never normally mind unless we are watching t.v. Lol

This is funny though because my step mother plays this game on facebook with this repetitive noise. On and on and on and on. So the other night my dad finally spoke up. "Can you please turn that down or off. The sound of it makes me want to rip out my tongue". He wasnt mean about it but it was effin funny!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Okay

I apologize for posting this in the forum, I am sorry something I wrote upset so many people and made them think I am a useless immature *****. I love my Mom dearly and yes the post sounded harsh but it was sarcasm. Apparently I should have blogged it instead of putting this on here, again I apologize. Think what you will about me and call me what you want, that is fine.

I won't be posting, I will just be blogging now :)

Thank you all for your opinons and time

Thanks

Jessica

Yeah Jessica, they really handed it to you. You *did* kind of come off as pathetic and immature. The beauty here is you apparently have learned something from the experience.

If that translates into appreciating your Mom a little more, and realizing how good you really have it, with the luxury of having the security of her home, you Win.

Improve. Every day.

like you or anyone else on here has never been a bit anoyed with your mom???? get over it. its called VENTING. my mom is dead and i didnt take her post as offensive.... i loved her and still love her but i will remember the things that used to drive me crazy :] but a big pat on the back to all the people insulting her! i hope you feel better about yourself! :] nothing like talking yourself up in a "pissing contest" on the internet to make others feel inferior!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has suggested moving....to another room.
  • poisongirl6485
    Options

Buy her earbuds.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    sorry

I'm failing to see where your mother did wrong here.

Move if it bothers you.

This whole "move if it bothers you" thing is annoying. Easier said than done, my friend. Moving costs $ that many people don't have to spend, no matter how hard they work or how many jobs they have.

Oh, we know it cost money to move out, sweetie. That's why we parents allow our kids to stay or return only long enough to get on their own feet. That's fine. But, while I'm allowing you to stay in my house when you're 21, suck it up if anything I do bothers you.

You're nicer than my parents. Once we were out, that was IT. Tough love is what they like to call it. I have a great deal of respect for them for it, too.

Well, we've yet to have one come back....so far so good! :smile:
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Yeah, like, move out.

I moved out and became financially independent when I was 11. I lived in a bag at the bottom of a ditch until I had scraped together enough cash working as a lint-picker (0.02p per hour) to buy my own mansion. I did that whilst I studied for my degree 10 years early. My Mum never even existed and my Dad is a field mouse.

The amount of judgement on this thread is hilarious. This is a little vent. She's just venting. Chill out.

Hahahaha you are my hero! There used to be this thing called a... a... "sense of humor," I believe. Whatever happened to that?
  • Moofey
    Options
    Thank you!
  • poisongirl6485
    Options
    I just had a good chuckle when I was reading another thread and saw that a post that indicated that your mom is actually a member on MFP.

WTF. You aired out your complaints about your mom on a public forum that your mom is a member of?? You crazy.
  • Moofey
    Options
    Lol, lol my mom is NOT a member of this site lol. I went along with it hahah, my mom does not even have time to get on the computer. LOL
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Moofey,

About that walk. We'll walk this weekend whereever you want to go and I promise I'll leave my Ipod at home. I love you too Honey.

Love

Mom.
  • Moofey
    Options
    Oh now that just made me look horrible...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh now that just made me look horrible...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sorry, you posted before I did.

Moofey really isn't my daughter. It was a joke!
  • Moofey
    Options
    <3 Hahaha :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That's just a great display of corkiness!
    homepage.jpg

That... is... unspeakably wrong!! :laugh:
  • branflake5
    Options
    Wow. Note to self...don't vent on the "CHIT CHAT FUN AND GAMES" forum. :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: :huh:

seriously!!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    wow some people have something up there butts lol i for one giggled to myself because i know exactly what you mean , my mom used to do the same thing lol and my dad would yell at her to go in the bedroom and close the door so he could watch tv lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Dear Mom,

I love you and I understand that I live in your house and respect you completely. But you DO NOT understand that constant and consistent clicking to me is like someone smacking food. You are on your iPod clicking away while I am trying to watch T.V., eat, work out, talk to you, talk on the phone. You sit on your iPod while dad and I are trying to enjoy T.V. and all I hear is loud clicking... This has been going on for a year now and you wonder why I get so angry and storm off after an hour of trying to be in peace, I CAN HEAR THE CLICKING THROUGH MY DOOR. No matter how many times I ask or how mad I get you DO NOT turn your sound effects off. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIGURE OUT WHERE THE MUTE BUTTON IS

You call me nuts for getting mad, the first month I was okay but this is A YEAR later. PLEASE LEARN TO TURN THE &$^*$#$&^%$ SOUND EFFECTS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your loving daughter

Moofey :)

LET ME ADD THIS

I planned on moving out 4-5 months ago, it took me a VERY long time to save up 5,000.00. I do pay for everything I use, even food. But I did total my car, and also helped with the hospital bills. So that whiped me out, that is why I am still home now. Trying to save up money again... My parents are fine with it but I would like to be out in November.

What is something that annoys you about someone you love?

Do tell!

Dear Moofey

I for one completely understand your predicament. I also understand that most of those reading this OBVIOUSLY didn't read the last part. SHE JUST SAID SHE CANT MOVE OUT!!!!!

D*mn people dont be rude. Yall know you complain about people you love. Dont tell me you didn't complain when your son spilt that milk on the carpet after you have told him over and over again to ask for help when needed. Dont tell me you dont complain about your husband who consistently leaves the cap off the tooth paste and puts the dishes in the wrong side of the sink. Dont tell me you dont complain when your best friend cancels a day you were supposed to hang, to hang with someone else. This is the same thing.

Next time someone is having a rough time, needs to vent or needs to cry why not do yourself and the world a favor and instead of replying with snotty remarks and rude statements, simply pull up a chair and listen to what the person has to say. Because you know what we all want to be listened to. Sometimes just an ear to yell into is all we wish.

Signed,
    Ellie

P.S. you can yell or rant or complain about anything anytime to me. :)
    :heart:
This discussion has been closed.