Can anyone handle the truth??

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I am not at liberty to respond to this post because it would be violating at least 13 of the forum rules.......although you would definitely deserve it, I do not want to be banned. *biting the hell out of tongue and stepping away from keyboard*
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow, remove the corn cob from deep within your colon. Everyone here is looking to better themselves.

^This. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    True, honesty needs to be at the core of every interaction for it to produce effective results. But what many call 'truth' is just judgement in disguise. Everyone's journey in life is different, so is the fitness element. This is a fitness site and with the varietry of members anyone can find the type of support they need, from the hardcore to the more casual.

While we need to be courageous enough to be honest , being strong enough to be compassionate is even more important (if one's goal is to reach people). To be successful, some people need a kick in the @$$ while others are better served by a helping hand. Wisdom is discerning who needs which. ; )

Good luck on your goals, and welcome!
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    i'm starting to get irritated, feeling like i may be the only one here really able to handle "tough love". if someone told me im fat (which nobody does, because i'm not, because i work hard EVERY DAY), i'd be like "ok, theyre right" and vow to do something about it. i wouldn't fall into a shame spiral and eat ten boxes of ringdings and cry fat tears feeling sorry for myself.

I don't understand how being all lovey-dovey to each other ("you look great the way you are!" when theyre 200 lbs, etc) is helping ANYONE. those who say it are lying and those who need to lose weight (for their own health) are not being helped by this.

everyone needs to cut the BS and be realistic with themselves. that's what i do. that's why my "before" looks like your "after".

is anyone else actually SERIOUS about fitness, or is everyone just looking for a shoulder to cry on instead of a true sense of motivation?

nut up or shut up.

Why is it any business of yours? If you are losing weight and becoming happy with yourself then what the **** does it matter what everyone else says or does? I agree to some extent that people should be honest, however the way you have come across is a like a stuck up self righteous cow. Sorry, it needed to be said. People like you really piss me off. There are ways to get your point across.
  • SeeMeShrinkDown
    Options
    Wish I was so smart & wise & had all the answers when I was 22: Seriously, you are so wonderful, kind, caring. compassionate

Oh wait.....:laugh:
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have NO IDEA what theses people have really gone through... I was pretty at my before... I WAS HAPPY at my BEFORE, because I didn't know any better...

So when PEOPLE LIKE YOU, have THOUGHTS LIKE THIS...

KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF AND SHAME ON YOU FOR HAVING ZERO COMPASSION FOR WHAT EVENTS YOU HAVE NO CLUE OF!!!

YES, THAT SAYS 80 POUNDS LOST WOO HOO!!

Really...have some compassion. You've lost 14 lbs. That's really great. Now get over yourself. There is nothing wrong with honesty as long is it isn't cruelty masquerading as "honesty".
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I need popcorn! This is getting good!

No sir you need a ringding.....Honestly

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    u honest i think nasty!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I totally agree..................well no actually I don't. Boy it must be nice to be so perfect and odor free. You want no BS ok, this post makes you sound uppity and that you think you are better than others. I agree that I don't want to hear someone complain and not do something about it but man you came off like a total............. People respect no BS but not with your kind of uppity attitude

This^ I was working out a response and only came up with ones that would get me banned.

Look, I'm a b!tch, I am very much aware of this, but there is such a thing as tact and learning when to shut your mouth. I don't have tact, so I shut the hell up.

That was very tactful of you!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    IF I WRITE IN ALL CAPS MAYBE IT WILL SOUND LIKE I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!?

nice.

thanks to everyone for pointing out how clearly i have no clue what im talking about because im 22. because nobody has ever learned anything until they get old. nothing worthwhile has ever been done by anyone under 40. i DO understand that some people have medical issues, and that is not what i am talking about. i am talking about people who have it in them and under their power to get where they want to be, just make excuses for themselves.

to all the haters who (wait for it) cant handle the truth, sorry if you're offended. this post wasnt directed at you, it was directed at the people who feel like i do (and yay, i've found some of you guys!)

to all those truly motivated, stay that way. and to all those who would rather tell me why im wrong than prove why theyre right...i hope you meet your goals, too. just dont complain when you dont.
    Let's split a ringding before this thread gets locked
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Those comments are not really helpful to the people who are on this site. I myself go to the gym and do loads of walking but I still have days were I feel a little naughty and have a bad day. No one is perfect and I think you should re-evaluate wether you should be a member on here!! And to all my fitness pal keep up the good work xxx
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    I need popcorn! This is getting good!

No sir you need a ringding.....Honestly

Il bring the soda.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    if you think i'm wrong, you're exactly the type of person i'm talking about. the kind i feel sorry for when i see them pretending they're happy instead of making themselves happy.

Nice to have all the answers at age 22. Congrats.

What's funny is she thinks as easy as it's been to have a great figure at 22 is going to be just as easy at 32.

That just cracks me up.

I was a size 2 at 22 and I barely exercised and ate whatever I wanted.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm over 200 pounds and I'm a happy person. I'm not trying to get healthy to make myself happy, because I don't equate who I am with the way I look. Most awesome part: I will get fit AND be an awesome person, and you'll still think you're somehow better than everyone else just because you're not fat.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I am fully aware this is a troll post, and we all gobbled it up like flies on poo.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow, remove the corn cob from deep within your colon. Everyone here is looking to better themselves.
    I like this, eloquently put.

...doffs cap....
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    nut up or shut up.

You should heed your own advice and follow the latter of those two suggestions.
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    WOW! That is really cruel of you! EVERYONE is a human being and should be supported whether they weigh 100lbs or 300lbs! This website is for support and friendship no matter what size you are!
    I find it sad that you are taking this approach! Kuddos to you for being where you think you are. I am too!! But I dont down on ppl that arent there yet!!

^^ Love it!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Let's all quit bashing the little girl that says she can handle the truth but really deep down inside can not. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what you look like on the outside, it's who you really are inside. The question is can you handle the truth of where will you be in 10 years? Have you asked Jesus into your life and for him to show you how to treat people with respect? Are you going to leave a legacy after you leave this earth? That is all that matters in this life. Not if someone is "FAT" temporarily or not. We can always lose weight but only Jesus can change that attitude towards people.
    *“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 NIV*
This discussion has been closed.