WARNING: What running REALLY does to you...

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Love it! Unfortunately, running also gives me leg and foot pain, but it's totally worth it!

9658254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I'm telling people the k-Swiss tubes are amazing for the aches and pains way better then my nikes and ASICs. Was totally blown away by them the longer I go the better they feel. It's weird.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I only dream of looking like your BEFORE picture lol
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    @barbie: Nice work!

@AZ: Touche. ;)

To the couple of peeps who think they need to lose more weight to run, you don't. I was just over 300 lbs when I started. Just start slow & be consistent, & before you know it you'll have all kinds of cool stuff to put in your signature. :bigsmile:

+1 I ran a 5k at 309 pounds. It's doable! I didn't set record times but dang it I did it!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    FOR THE GUYS ---

MAY GIVE YOU THESE:

The thing to take away from all this is, running will definitely cause all your leg hair fall out.

Just busting chops :smile:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    FOR THE GUYS ---

MAY GIVE YOU THESE:

The thing to take away from all this is, running will definitely cause all your leg hair fall out.

Just busting chops :smile:

Will I grow hair on my chest instead? :-) by the way op you look great congrats!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    "LIKE"
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    too funny! LOL. I will take the risk! (;
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have just started running and am really starting to like it as it gets easier. One question though......Is running at a slow pace (3.8-4.0) for 30 minutes enough each day or do I need to run longer? I am really sweaty and feel like I got a great run in after 20-30 minutes and going between 1.5 and 2 miles.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    I love the idea of running and made a start recently, not flat out just slowly and carefully, unfortunately I now have really sore knees. There really are times that I hate having arthritis :grumble: I got such a telling off from my doctor, he has told me to stop running and walk only or else I'll have to have new knees this so sucks :sad:
    I know MFP is not a medico site but are there any other arthritic runners out there? :laugh:
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    :heart: this and u just.. rock!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    makes me feel like i need to poop about 5 min after i start...every single time!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Running makes me pee.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :glasses:
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!!!

I have just started running and am really starting to like it as it gets easier. One question though......Is running at a slow pace (3.8-4.0) for 30 minutes enough each day or do I need to run longer? I am really sweaty and feel like I got a great run in after 20-30 minutes and going between 1.5 and 2 miles.

Totally enough if it leaves you feeling like you pushed yourself! When it starts to become easier push a little more and go a little further. If you have one run a week where you really challenge yourself you will progress. Its ok to take it easier the rest of the week and do shorter runs. Maybe google hal higdon and see what you think of his training plans. Even if you're not training for anything that will give you a good idea of how to progress to longer distances. Good luck and happy running!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosty barbie, how much do you run/day or week?
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    LOVE this!!!

Totally enough if it leaves you feeling like you pushed yourself! When it starts to become easier push a little more and go a little further. If you have one run a week where you really challenge yourself you will progress. Its ok to take it easier the rest of the week and do shorter runs. Maybe google hal higdon and see what you think of his training plans. Even if you're not training for anything that will give you a good idea of how to progress to longer distances. Good luck and happy running!

Thank you!!
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    We'll see who is laughing when your uterus falls out!

I don't know about my uterus but I had blood work the day after running a half-marathon and it was WAY out of wack (cholesterol, glucose and liver functions). My doctor called and said I needed to come back in immediately. I had to explain to them that I recently ran a half-marathon and that is why my results skewed (I had to look it up on the internet). We waited a week and when it was retested all results were within their normal ranges.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosty barbie, how much do you run/day or week?

70 miles this week but usually 45-50
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I completely agree about walking fast! I am told all the time at work and in general that I walk way too fast now haha.

Another great thing... improves your ability to dance and participate in other athletics :-)

I have always loved dance and been good at it...now I am getting better near great!

Running has changed my life and I love seeing posts like this to know that I am not alone in the great love affair with running!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    *like* and I second this.