WARNING: What running REALLY does to you...

Options

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I used to go jogging every night..then winter hit...and I used to run on gravel roads by my farm...roads that were under 3 feet of snow in winter...and the idea of running in -30 degrees Celcius weather stopped me from running for 4-6 months each year. :( I would LOVE to get a treadmill some time so I can continue jogging through the winter though.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @barbie: Nice work!

@AZ: Touche. ;)

To the couple of peeps who think they need to lose more weight to run, you don't. I was just over 300 lbs when I started. Just start slow & be consistent, & before you know it you'll have all kinds of cool stuff to put in your signature. :bigsmile:

I walked for my first 40 lbs. I lost. Was feeling good and also getting a little bored with just walking so I then told my doctor I wanted to jog. He told me no I was too heavy and fat. I was 440 lbs. when I ignored him and did it anyways. I thought about switching doctors but I want to keep him around for the next thing he tells me no I can't do. Besides my stubborness and people telling me I am too fat to run, I also give credit to getting the right type of shoes and remembering it's not a race.
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    @barbie: Nice work!

@AZ: Touche. ;)

To the couple of peeps who think they need to lose more weight to run, you don't. I was just over 300 lbs when I started. Just start slow & be consistent, & before you know it you'll have all kinds of cool stuff to put in your signature. :bigsmile:

I walked for my first 40 lbs. I lost. Was feeling good and also getting a little bored with just walking so I then told my doctor I wanted to jog. He told me no I was too heavy and fat. I was 440 lbs. when I ignored him and did it anyways. I thought about switching doctors but I want to keep him around for the next thing he tells me no I can't do. Besides my stubborness and people telling me I am too fat to run, I also give credit to getting the right type of shoes and remembering it's not a race.

That is awesome! Great inspiration for everyone!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thanks I love the warning but i think i'll stick with running….. lol
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    love your legs!!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I used to go jogging every night..then winter hit...and I used to run on gravel roads by my farm...roads that were under 3 feet of snow in winter...and the idea of running in -30 degrees Celcius weather stopped me from running for 4-6 months each year. :( I would LOVE to get a treadmill some time so I can continue jogging through the winter though.

wtf? where do you live? haha i thought it was cold where i live...
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well what the heck!!! No one warned me of these insane side effects!!! I'm protesting!!! :p * you look great!!!*
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Your food diary shows you only ate 511 calories. Is that b4 the day was done, I hope? You pic looks great, but that caught my eye!

"after a long run"... not "at the end of the day"

I eat between 2500-3000 calories on a dailyyy basis. Yuuup. Where does it allll go? haha

Oh good! I was a little worried at first. I'm glad you eat and enjoy yourself and remain super hot. Please jump on the pro eating disorder threads and tell them! They scare me!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Well done you.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I want to be like you
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and must be very strong to run like you do. I am falling back in love with running and was browsing this thread this morning. It inspired me to push today so after my required 1 mile @ 5mph I did a second mile @ 5.2mph.

Thanks!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i love this !!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Did you find you lost more belly fat after starting to run? Just curious! You look hot!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!! Just finished a 10k this morning =) Its starting to get addicting.... lol
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later...thanks for the motivation. I just finished C25K a few months ago and am working on getting faster. I'm going to do the whole thing again at a faster speed two days a week and then keep my two "longer" runs - which to most aren't long at all. LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running makes me pee.....

Having to pee makes me run!
  • SummitGuy1208
    SummitGuy1208 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this I am going to start running soon.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm going to be 50 in January. I said I can't run anymore. 4 large babies in my past. No, my uterus hasn't fallen out. Yes it makes me pee.. So what! I'm going to have those legs and a flat middle. Bonus is I finally grew a butt! love it! My computer nerd husband is doing it too!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm going to be 50 in January. I said I can't run anymore. 4 large babies in my past. No, my uterus hasn't fallen out. Yes it makes me pee.. So what! I'm going to have those legs and a flat middle. Bonus is I finally grew a butt! love it! My computer nerd husband is doing it too!

50?:grumble: 5'2":angry: 4 babies:mad:

:angry: so WHAT is my excuse NOW?

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Ok that is it, I have semi started c25k, now it;s ON:smokin: