Any women 5'9"? Ideal weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• RockHardAngel_777
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my ideal weight is no lower then 130, I am happy with where I am right now though, which is 135. I lift heavy weights so I'm not sure that I will go all the way down to 130 and I am totally ok with that, but I want to get my Body Fat % to 17, I'm at 19.1 right now. I believe Strong is the new Sexy, BUT i also believe everyone has there own feel of "sexy" so do what feels right to you! I don't know how to post pictures on the message boards, but you can click on my profile to see what this 5'9" Momma of a 2 year old ;d looks like

You have my ideal body... oh my gosh, you must work so incredibly hard on it! Looks like I might have to put on a few pounds... what kind of exercises do you do to get abs like that?

I bounce back and forth from, Insanity Cardio Abs and I do, what I call, "Slow Moving Sit Ups". (I believe when I do push ups, I realy feel that work in my tummy area too). I used to do machine crunches, but I found it was pulling my abs "out" and I wanted them to be more "flat" with definition. I try to do the Insanity Cardio Abs every other day(doesn't always happen, but I try to do that) When I started out doin more "abs" I told myself my daily goal of sit ups are 15 and that really worked because when the amount wasn't so high I didn't mind jumpin to the floor to do them and now I have gotten to where I don't mind hittin the floor and doin 50! Gotta start somewhere ;) You'll get there darlin. Don't let anyone discourage you and make sure your goals are "Your Goals" don't worry about what other people think of your weight. Hope you find your goal.
  • luvinlife77
    luvinlife77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out this website and remember- it is not about the number!
    These women are of varying weights and heights and you can see how different people can lookat the same height and weight. Be healthy- eat healthy and exercise.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

Have a good week!
  • f8hopelove11
    f8hopelove11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I weigh 130, I am trying to gain 5 or so more pounds (I have a very high metabolism so it takes me a while). I recently had an illness that dropped me to 122 the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life. I am 29 years old approaching my 30th in a couple weeks and have 3 children . I have a small frame and that still was way too thin. my default weight has usually been 127, but now I am trying to gain a bit more so I have some buffer. I started an exercise regimen too, jogging 3 days a week and strength training with free weights 2 days a week, and I incorporate some yoga poses on all 5 days as well. I want to get stronger and have a bit more reserves so when I get an illness it won't lay me out like this past one did. When I was in high school I worked out 6 days a week and still maintained a 127 weight so I am hoping to get to a 137 default weight that is toned up and in shape. I saw a picture on that gallery the pp linked to, and she was a toned 137 and it looks like what I am hoping to get to.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and right now weigh 139lbs (63kg) and want to get down to 136-137lbs (62kg). I really would urge you to gain a little bit. I have a hard time believing that 108lbs at your height is a good weight.
    When you have more muscles and maybe a little bit more fat on you you also want be soo cold anymore as you are now because these are the two things which create heat. Beside If you want to gain muscles you will have to up your calories. Your body needs fuel to build them
  • LucindaBass85
    Options
    I'm a smidgen under 5'10 and weigh 174 which I hate. I'm very unhappy with my weight. At my heaviest I was 182 (at the beginning of this year). I go through phases where i'm really motivated to lose the weight but then some bad news happens and it all goes back on as I comfort eat. Hopefully one day i'll reach my goal of 130, although the doctors says the 'ideal' middle of the road weight for my height is 160. As another post said that I read - everyone has there own weight where they feel most confident and sexy. Mine was at a size 10 back in college. Hoping one day to get back there and get my self confidence back! X
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. My goal is 155, but i think i'll keep loosing until i don't look skeletal