Belinda's November TEAM Challenge

Replies

• ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 600 Member
    The last daily challenge for this week will be on THURSDAY! It is a miles challenge based on how many miles you walk/run. If they are biked then divide by 4 === bike 100 miles will equal 25 miles. Any other questions?

Next week we will have a week long challenge again. It will be 1 point for each day you stay UNDER or smack on your calorie goal. Each person can earn a max of 6 points for the team....30 extra points all together. This means you have to track ALL of your food intake.

Good luck everyone!

I'm going to struggle with this one. I teach two Zumba classes on a Thursday. Could we use this to convert our exercises to miles?

https://aom3.americaonthemove.org/~/media/Tools/Activity_Conversion_Adult.ashx

1 mile is roughly 2000 steps so find your exercise and times the number by the number if minutes you do. Then divide by 2000 to find the total miles.

No worries if we can't.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    The last daily challenge for this week will be on THURSDAY! It is a miles challenge based on how many miles you walk/run. If they are biked then divide by 4 === bike 100 miles will equal 25 miles. Any other questions?

Next week we will have a week long challenge again. It will be 1 point for each day you stay UNDER or smack on your calorie goal. Each person can earn a max of 6 points for the team....30 extra points all together. This means you have to track ALL of your food intake.

Good luck everyone!
    thank you so much for doing the challenges for the week, i will write them down and pack it in my case, i WILL be doing them all. Also i will not get to log this but i will be doing a 3.5 mile power walk home from work tommorrow then leaving for my hols, thanks again, i know getting all the challenges planned ahead must have been a challenge itself. :bigsmile:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    Belinda, thanks for the weekly update of exercises, definatly made everything easier for me. Also, could you let me know who is on the waiting list, one of my teamates had to leave. I need this ASAP in order for everything to be ready in time for tomorrow's challenge.

Thanks
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,380 Member
    I just thought I would share team points for the Tuesday Calorie Burn. Some teams are still missing all of there numbers so take that into mind.

Moves_To_Improve 62 points
    Turkey Trotters 41 points
    Fall's Foxy Femmes 35 points
    Fall's Fab Five 30 points
    Let the Pounds Fall 30 points
    Bestest Burners 28 points
    Flab-u-less 25 points
    Vivacious Vixens 21 points

These points don't always mean that these are the team winners for the week. Don't forget that if your team does all of the exercises everyday you get bonus points. PLUS we have a milage challenge set up for tomorrow that will allow for more points to be added on. Every part of the mile counts. So please mark your decimals. The spreadsheet will then round out the points once it gets the team total.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    wow that took ages to watch all the videos n take notes for going away, i have notes and little diagrams with matchstick men lol! :bigsmile:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 527 Member
    Thanks! That's what I was picturing when you said it. Just so you know, I love the videos! I'm a visual learner. I love that these challenges are teaching me exercises that I've never even heard of! Gives me something to talk to my stepson about (he's a weightlifter), so it helps to build that relationship! Thank you so much!

I will make sure and include the video and instruction so people can watch or not. How old is your step son?

My stepson is going to be 18 at the end of the month.

I do have one more question, since I never used to exercise much, at least nothing official. I think I need to learn some stretches to do. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have no clue, since I was never really active, but I don't really want to hurt myself.

Just so you know I am a Health and PE teacher so I do have some background in this area :wink:

Stretching is very important and it is good that you are asking about it. Since you are a visual learner it might be a good bonding moment to ask your stepson for some help in the stretches area. My guess is with him being a weight lifter he should know all of the general basic stretches. I will send you a PM with some more info on what I have my athletes and students do.
    I really appreciate all the help I can get! I look forward to your message. :-)
  • BetterWithAge
    BetterWithAge Posts: 691 Member

Good luck everyone!

Hi Belinda, I found the post that I missed. :-D
  • azeria
    Hey Belinda!

I wanted to thank you for the videos and stretch suggestions for tomorrow.
  • BetterWithAge
    Yes, thank you... Love the videos :)
  • bmfrazie
    Don't forget today is weigh in day for Week 2! Good luck everyone! Is anyone noticing any differences in their bodies this month?
  • azeria
    I am noticing a lot of pain in my body... if that counts... haha Not the big lost I was hoping for, but little by little I will get there.:wink:
  • BetterWithAge
    I feel stronger :)
  • bmfrazie
    Today should be the hardest day of the week. Good luck and think of it as the hardest day of the week :wink:

MId-day today I will annouce the scores. Please try to have everything filled in for your team. If it is not done by around noon EST then I will end up having to give you zero and will mark it in red.

We are half way through the month and I hope that everyone is feeling stonger. I will be adding a cardio strong day to the workout this week.

Don't forget that the challenge for this week has to do with staying under or right on your calories. Each person can earn an extra 6 points for the team. Team total of 30 extra points.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Happy Monday! Is it twisted that I'm starting to look forward to my Monday morning workouts? Today's was a good one. Having the added challenge of staying within my calories for the extra point will be a good motivator to stay on track.
  • bmfrazie
    We are looking for people to be added to the back up list. One team is currently needing a replacement. Anyone interested?
  • bmfrazie
    Here are the results for week 2.

Bestest Burners = 115 points
    Moves_To_Improve = 112 points
    Fall's Foxy Femmes = 89 points
    Turkey Trotters = 87 points
    Flab-u-less = 60 points
    Let the Pounds Fall = 56 points
    Fall's Fab Five = 55 points
    Vivacious Vixens = 49 points

Grand Total thus far is.....
    Bestest Burners = 159 points
    Moves_to_Improve = 157 points
    Turkey Trotters = 131 points
    Fall's Foxy Femmes = 129 points
    Flab-u-less = 105 points
    Fall's Fab Five = 96 points
    Let the Pounds Fall = 91 points
    Vivacious Vixens = 82 points

Way to go everyone! Keep up all the good work! Congrats to Belinda_81 for being the biggest loser this week with 5 pounds gone in 1 week! She is on Team Bestest Burners!
  • timadotcom
    Here are the results for week 2.

Bestest Burners = 115 points
    Moves_To_Improve = 112 points
    Fall's Foxy Femmes = 89 points
    Turkey Trotters = 87 points
    Flab-u-less = 60 points
    Let the Pounds Fall = 56 points
    Fall's Fab Five = 55 points
    Vivacious Vixens = 49 points

Grand Total thus far is.....
    Bestest Burners = 159 points
    Moves_to_Improve = 157 points
    Turkey Trotters = 131 points
    Fall's Foxy Femmes = 129 points
    Flab-u-less = 105 points
    Fall's Fab Five = 96 points
    Let the Pounds Fall = 91 points
    Vivacious Vixens = 82 points

Way to go everyone! Keep up all the good work! Congrats to Belinda_81 for being the biggest loser this week with 5 pounds gone in 1 week! She is on Team Bestest Burners!

eeeeeeee.... i'm so happy we are #1--- for week 2 at least...yeaaayaaaa!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • timadotcom
    Belinda,

Did you put up the totals for the miles challenge from last week? I'm not sure if I missed it, plz let me know.

Thanks,
  • bmfrazie
    Belinda,

Did you put up the totals for the miles challenge from last week? I'm not sure if I missed it, plz let me know.

Thanks,

I did not put them up. Your team won though.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    i cannot weigh in as my auntie doesnt have scales so i will have to miss this week's weigh in. but ive been getting all my water in n exercising so im hoping it will be either no gain or only a slight gain, im trying to make sure its no gain though! :bigsmile: