Disgusted at celebrities...

Options
After hearing today about Kim Kardashian's divorce with her husband after 72 days of marriage (and a $10 million dollar wedding), I am just repulsed at how celebrities behave. Just because they have the money to do it, doesn't mean that they should look at marriages as something disposable and unfixable as soon as one disagreement hits the fan.

They are horrible role models for children, whether it be about weight, marriage and family, or drugs. I really wish that America would stop giving them so much media attention.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I'm appalled that anyone spends $10 million on a wedding....

Thinking of what good that money could have done... wow.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's not just the media. It's ppl like you (and now me) talking about them.

The real kicker is why do you care? It gives the tabloids and media more reason to exploit the situation
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they will have to pay back all the money they made on that wedding. Not to mention everything the guest gave.
    I wish those people would just go away.
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    I care because of the message it sends out to young people. We already have a divorce rate of 60% in America. Are these the kinds of things that we want young people to be emulating?
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It's not just the media. It's ppl like you (and now me) talking about them.

The real kicker is why do you care? It gives the tabloids and media more reason to exploit the situation
    this
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I don't know about all celebrities but the Kardashins are idiots. If Kim didn't have her looks and a butt that you could rest a beer can on, they wouldn't have anything. She can't act, can't sing, can't model, not an athelete, scholar, etc. etc. etc.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    They are horrible role models for children, whether it be about weight, marriage and family, or drugs. I really wish that America would stop giving them so much media attention.

If you allow your kids to see the Kardashians as role models YOU are their biggest problem, not celebrities.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about this until I read this. I tend to not care or read about vapid celebrities.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...

^ This X 100
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    and also, it doesn't really HAVE to send out a message to young people.
    My kids have no idea who Kim Kardashian is.

And no reason whatsoever they need to.

If your child does know who she is, that's probably the bigger concern.
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

Yes, I agree, but a 72 day marriage isn't making any effort at all to make it work. Yes, I am being judgemental, because I believe marriage is a sacred and special thing and I'm tired of seeing people who only add to the divorce rate in our country.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    we live in a youth and beauty obsessed hyper consumption culture. celebrity and pop culture make us feel inadequate or make us feel better how screwed up they are. either way unhealthy. :smokin:
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    People get divorced. It's life, the divorce rate is up because people are becoming smarter and learning when enough is enough.
    At least they did it before they had children. Sometimes if just not right for anyone involved.

Stop judging.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I care because of the message it sends out to young people. We already have a divorce rate of 60% in America. Are these the kinds of things that we want young people to be emulating?

KK is a trashy as it can get....so I didn't expect any less from her. I agree if it was a party they wanted, they didn't have to get married.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    If you allow your kids to see the Kardashians as role models YOU are their biggest problem, not celebrities.

THIS!!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Yes, I agree, but a 72 day marriage isn't making any effort at all to make it work. Yes, I am being judgemental, because I believe marriage is a sacred and special thing and I'm tired of seeing people who only add to the divorce rate in our country.
    What the hell do you care...it's not you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    and also, it doesn't really HAVE to send out a message to young people.
    My kids have no idea who Kim Kardashian is.

Confession: I don't know who the kardashians are *LOL* I know they were on dancing w/ the stars but as to what prompted this families fame - I have no idea *gasp*
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

^ This X 100

THANK YOU!