Disgusted at celebrities...

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    people complain about how much her wedding costs and how that money could have gone to a good cause. i wonder how much they spent on their own wedding? 5K 10? 20? to most people in the world that is a fortune and they probably think you should have spent that on a good cause.

its all relative. live and let live.

I spent $50.00 on mine:laugh:

We spent $65 on ours :bigsmile:

im curious...was that at a court house? i would love to pay that much for my wedding someday. :D

and $50 to you and me is probably the same as $10 mil to KK. again...its all relative.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about this until I read this. I tend to not care or read about vapid celebrities.

This.

Didn't know - don't care. And my kids could care less about those yahoos. They have parents that have been married for over 15 years. Not all of them have been peachy and they know it is not all rainbows and butterflies. It takes **gasp** work!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Until you can start entertaining me I say long live the Kardashian drama.
    NOW DANCE!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    people complain about how much her wedding costs and how that money could have gone to a good cause. i wonder how much they spent on their own wedding? 5K 10? 20? to most people in the world that is a fortune and they probably think you should have spent that on a good cause.

im curious...was that at a court house? i would love to pay that much for my wedding someday. :D

and $50 to you and me is probably the same as $10 mil to KK. again...its all relative.

We live in Reno...at the time, we paid $55 for the marriage license & $10 for the actual ceremony at one of the little chapels here in town, LOL! :bigsmile: It sucks that it didn't last; but at least we didn't blow a whole lot of money on it.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I kind of think that the OP's point was that the news is so prevalent. It's hard to avoid it, especially since I personally listen to the radio every day in my car. I'm sure none of you actually thinks it's a good thing that their wedding only lasted 72 days...do you?

I really don't care. It has zero affect on my life. I don't know them, I've never met them, I never will. She could marry a Bengal Tiger and it wouldn't have any bearing on me or my life. I think getting wrapped up in the lives of people you don't know and who don't know you is really the bigger issue.

Sorry for my lack of "guts". Next time I'll get a People magazine and really make the world a better place.

Well, hey now, I never said my life was wrapped up in it. I just said that I listen to the radio and the stations I listen to always have some sort of celebrity gossip. I honestly feel bad for her. I would hate to have to live my life and realize that my popularity is the main source of my income. Sure, she does chase attention, but that's because she has to. Poor girl.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    I kind of think that the OP's point was that the news is so prevalent. It's hard to avoid it, especially since I personally listen to the radio every day in my car. I'm sure none of you actually thinks it's a good thing that their wedding only lasted 72 days...do you?

I haven't had the slightest difficulty avoiding the news, but I am selective about my news consumption, so it's not too hard to ignore. Perhaps this is a Canadian/American difference here? American news reporting is of a very different style than news in Canada. PBS is probably the closest the States comes to an equivalent.

I don't think it's an issue of 'good' or 'bad' so much as it is 'none of my business'. I don't think that I should have a say in other peoples marriages, so what some random celebrity chooses to do is kind of boring and irrelevant. I guess I just don't understand why anyone cares about this stuff. It feels like people are searching for things to be upset about. In any case, on the off chance that this is anything other than a publicity stunt, wouldn't you feel awful for gossiping about it?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it's stupid to pay that much money for a wedding, but it's her wedding and her money, so whatever. Lots of people spend their life savings on weddings and end up divorced shortly thereafter.

But anyone who didn't see this coming just isn't that perceptive, including Kris Humphries. Every last one of those girls is spoiled rotten, and all the men in the family seem to have been castrated, including the ones who married or baby-daddied their way in. If that ain't a red flag, nothing is.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Did anyone REALLY think this was going to work? Kim is a *kitten*. No relationship is going to be more important than her notoriety as long as she is still in the spotlight.

fixed it for you

Thanks, but I think you were expressing your opinion, not mine. I don't think she's a *kitten*. I think she's just been too caught up in the seeking of headlines that it doesn't allow for a healthy relationship. Big difference between a drama queen and a prostitute.

I'm only taking exception to being edited. Nothing else.

Are you really calling a complete stranger (not you RoadDog) a *kitten*?! You have no clue who or what she is. That would be like me calling you a slut. It kills me how judgemental people are. Does her sex life, marriage or divorce really affect you in any way?! Ignorant people should not breed!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Until you can start entertaining me I say long live the Kardashian drama.
    NOW DANCE!

*starts River Dancing*
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me just:

tCp90.gif

lol.gif
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...

THIS.
    I know we don't know the reasoning behind the divorce or even really why they got married so I'm not going to jump to conclusions but it doesn't seem like they even gave it a chance to work, which does lead most to believe they were looking for ratings.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Maybe the problem isn't celebrities, but society. Look at how many people on this thread are talking about Kim Kardashian as if they know her personally. There wouldn't be these types of "celebrities" is there wasn't a market for it.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options

I haven't had the slightest difficulty avoiding the news, but I am selective about my news consumption, so it's not too hard to ignore. Perhaps this is a Canadian/American difference here? American news reporting is of a very different style than news in Canada. PBS is probably the closest the States comes to an equivalent.

I don't think it's an issue of 'good' or 'bad' so much as it is 'none of my business'. I don't think that I should have a say in other peoples marriages, so what some random celebrity chooses to do is kind of boring and irrelevant. I guess I just don't understand why anyone cares about this stuff. It feels like people are searching for things to be upset about. In any case, on the off chance that this is anything other than a publicity stunt, wouldn't you feel awful for gossiping about it?

Mm...I wouldn't classify what I said as gossip. I just said it's not a good thing that the marriage didn't work out, which is true.

Now, if I had said, "Oh look at that attention-grabbing w*** (sorry, I really hate that word) Kim Kardashian!! No wonder she's getting a divorce, she never had to work a day in her life!!" or some such statement as that, then yes, it would be gossiping. The fact is, she puts her life in the public eye. People are going to comment on it. I just feel bad for her; I'm sure if it is true, it hasn't been easy.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it goes with out saying that I hate these Reality TV Stars as I hate politicians and most talentess pop music artists, but my hatred of these con artists has lessened and shifted to the mentally weak people they take advantage of. If I could make millions of dollars the way the Kardashians have with basically no real talent or make some "one hit wonder" song, I would. Vanilla Ice had one good song and make 40 million dollars. I'd take that kind of cheese any day. No more house payment, no more car payments, my kids can go to any college and I could help my parents retire with dignity instead of working their hands to the bones. Some one give me Ray J's phone number and a video camera, because I'm ready to move on up just like the Jeffersons.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Taken from Websters Dictionary...
    slut [slʌt]
    n
    1. a dirty slatternly woman
    2. an immoral woman
    3. Kim Kardashian

I read it on the internet so it is true.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

yeah I got married in a court house,and had no desire for a big wedding the only people there was my husband,my mom,and my son. oh and me of course
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

The word judgmental is thrown around way too much these days. There are both good and bad kinds of judgment. The bad kind is something like the Westbro Baptists who come up with the most disrespectful and intrusive ways possible to shove their opinions down everyone's throats. The good kind of judgment is evaluating the facts and coming to a rational conclusion.

The OP evaluated these facts: many celebrities have no respect for marriage, are extravagantly wasteful with their money, and habitually make poor lifestyle decisions even though they are always in the public eye.

The OP then came to the following conclusion: many celebrities are poor role models and don't deserve the attention and praise that the media gives them.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OP's evaluation and conclusion, or "judgment." I don't understand why this thread exploded in such a negative way.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

how much trying could they have done in that short of a time? it was all a publicity stunt anyway...for both of them i am sure! not sure how i would act with all of that money....:wink:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Although we cannot judge too much, I think there is a serious commitment problem when the planning of the wedding lasted longer than the actual marriage.
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    They are horrible role models for children, whether it be about weight, marriage and family, or drugs. I really wish that America would stop giving them so much media attention.

If you allow your kids to see the Kardashians as role models YOU are their biggest problem, not celebrities.

^^ This!