Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #15

Options

Replies

• julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn and everyone, I am looking forward to this weeks challenges. I allways have breakfast as i feel hungry as soon as i wake up, but only have cereal usually so my challenge will be to eat more for breakfast and fill myself up in the morning!

Good luck for this week everyone :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    PositivePower - I welled up with tears when I was reading you post about that experience you're about to have. It still makes me emotional just thinking about it. I just can't imagine and I give you a LOT of credit for going through it.

mollybeslimmer - SOOOOO glad to have you back! I will adjust your goal weight to show your new numbers. But... I don't like that your challenge is to "learn to live with the pain". There has got to be something that can be done to help you! I'm sorry that you are going through this!

johanna_elaine - I'm not sure how you would log the jjkicks. Cardio? I didn't log mine but that would be my guess. How is everyone else logging?

Kagard11 - Glad to have you back. I got hit hard with the Nor'easter as well but thankfully didn't lose power (until oddly this morning it went out while I was in the shower, lol) STAY AWAY FROM THAT CANDY!!! ;-)

kristinkt - Good question about the jjkicks. I would say that I am going to leave that up to you all to decide for yourselves. I know I personally have a tough time with jumping jacks because my heart rate skyrockets so I am counting one jumping jack and one kick as a full set. So at the end I will have completed 50 jumping jacks with 25 kicks on each leg. BUT..... If you're up for a superchallenge.... PUMP IT UP TO 100 JUMPING JACKS WITH 50 KICKS ON EACH LEG!!!! Now THAT will create a BURNNNNNNNNN!

shelly650 - WORK IT GIRL!!! ::snap snap::

nevermorex - I know exactly how you feel! Once I start I CAN NOT STOP! I'm like "Oooo I have enough calories for some Ranch Wheat Thins, I'll have a handful." And then I eat the whole damn box :-/ And add to that no power or heat.... GIRL!!! My house would be gone by now! Keep your strength, we got your back!!!

pinkita - Have fun in Disney!!!! Wish I was going with you :)

Cateyes0831 - I feel the same way at the beginning of the month. I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because society has groomed us to start things on the first, or on Mondays, or at the beginning of the year (new year's resolutions). LET'S BREAK THAT CRAZY CYCLE and kick this thing in the butt the rest of the time we're together!!!

NeuroticVirgo - That is a wicked strange breakfast! But its still a breakfast! CHALLENGE COMPLETE :) For today anyway, lol. And YES, I LOVE your daughter's costume! She's rockin' that zombiewear :-) As far as my resolution if it weren't weightloss.... Hmmm, maybe to finally get my degree. Good question though, I haven't thought about it yet until now.

femmerides - WOOT WOOT to your great day! Keep that water weight away :-) That's always a killer. By the way, how many challenges are you in?!?!?? I was just looking at your post and WOW!!! You have a lot of banners in your siggie! How do you keep up with all of them?!? Tons of credit coming your way for that!

Sugs94 - That's a great idea to clean out the pantry! Are you looking to do a full clean diet?

shaverkl191 - Awesome idea with the alarm clock! That takes a lot of discipline! With my luck I'd get up, shut it off, and crawl back into bed, lol.

100% COMMITMENT!!! LET'S GO EVERYONE!!! GET JUMPING!!!!!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for so long, I just dove head first into as many challenges as I could! I'm team captain for two of them as well! :) I love it! Today I drank over 120oz of water, did all of my challenges physical workouts, and did 90 minutes of turbokick. I am determined to lose 20lbs by Christmas!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for so long, I just dove head first into as many challenges as I could! I'm team captain for two of them as well! :) I love it! Today I drank over 120oz of water, did all of my challenges physical workouts, and did 90 minutes of turbokick. I am determined to lose 20lbs by Christmas!
    Awesome for you!! Good luck keeping up with them all! Great to see your motivation!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Great job finding your motivation to start as many challenges as you have! I bet you'll feel great by the end of the month! Hope it helps you get over your plateau!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Jenn- I will probably not do full clean...I read "Clean Eating for Dummies" and that author recommended an 80/20 or 90/10 which I think is realistic. My neighbor just told me she really wants to join WW's. I have done this much in the past, but have agreed to go with her and I think I will do their simply filling plan where you don't count for whole/clean foods and have weekly points for treats. I have done points in the past. This is my dog walking buddy....so will be good to keep each other motivated. I have told her about this site as well as I find lots of good ideas and inspiration!!!!!
    Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm back on track! Halloweens over. Candy is almost gone and Christmas is coming up full speed ahead!!

I would like to change my Christmas goal to 200 if it's possible. My current goal isn't going to happen :(
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think I've actually been doing ok with the challenges this time around. So far I've gotten in a breakfast (or at least eaten before noon). I'm doing my jumping jack-front kick combo with 30 Day Shred, and that makes it go by really fast. Really hoping for a good weigh in this Friday. I got down to 15.4 and then bumped back up to 16.6 :frown: But I've also been bad and weighing myself to often (I try to stick to Fridays only).

I also wanted to update you all about the dog situation. I haven't seen the puppies since the one puppy died, but I've heard them. I think they are keeping them inside he house now, which makes me feel better at least. I also think that is helping the mother dog get more food because she is looking much better, still skinny, but looks like she's starting to thicken back up at least.

Hope everyone has a great week! :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Thursday to Everyone!!! How is everyone doing?!? Good I hope!

Whew! My upper legs in the back are really starting to get sore with these JJKicks!!! You feeling it yet?!?!?
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I am having such a snacky day today! I think I am going to barricade myself in my room until I leave for work at 4pm because at least there's no food up here!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I saw a really nice number on the scale yesterday (I peaked), but at the rate I'm going, it sure isn't going to stay there by my weigh-in tomorrow!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I am having such a snacky day today! I think I am going to barricade myself in my room until I leave for work at 4pm because at least there's no food up here!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I saw a really nice number on the scale yesterday (I peaked), but at the rate I'm going, it sure isn't going to stay there by my weigh-in tomorrow!

You can do it! Drink lots of water, snack on fruits and veggies (or sun flower seeds). Just make it through today. Sometimes I look at really bad days as a challenge...like you know you just have to make it through today, and tomorrow will be that much easier.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    I think I've actually been doing ok with the challenges this time around. So far I've gotten in a breakfast (or at least eaten before noon). I'm doing my jumping jack-front kick combo with 30 Day Shred, and that makes it go by really fast. Really hoping for a good weigh in this Friday. I got down to 15.4 and then bumped back up to 16.6 :frown: But I've also been bad and weighing myself to often (I try to stick to Fridays only).

I also wanted to update you all about the dog situation. I haven't seen the puppies since the one puppy died, but I've heard them. I think they are keeping them inside he house now, which makes me feel better at least. I also think that is helping the mother dog get more food because she is looking much better, still skinny, but looks like she's starting to thicken back up at least.

Hope everyone has a great week! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the update. I imagine it was so hard for you to sit by and watch that happen. I would not be that patient or polite. Kudos.

Have a great day
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Doing my jjkicks with 30 DS daily and eating breakfast daily. Today I wore a pair of size 14 (UK) jeans for the first time in 3 years!

Sarah
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    I'm having such a bad day and I need to vent, so I appologize now If this is long.

Jenn i can now relate to the job struggle you were having a few weeks back. As I've mentioned before I am a hairstylist an I work for a corporation which means I have a manager, a regional manager, district manager, and a superior . I've been with the company for a year and 4 months and have worked in two separate stores. I was at the first location for 7 months and wasn't making any money got frustrated and quit caring. Well that led to a write up or two and a transfer because I was a "problem employee" Ive been at my new location for about 8 1/2 months and I love it here!! Everyone gets along, I'm making enough money to survive, it's close to my fiancés job so we save gas I live everything about it. Well our corporation opened up a new store right by my house, I originally showed slight interest in it because they were looking for a manager. I call my regional and she informed me you had to have 5 years experience to qualify so I said never mind Se then informed me that u could work part time at both stores because they could use help at the new one I agreed but stated I did nit want to leave my location permanently, but would help with the new store. Well a month into this arrangemnt I'm told by manager that the regonal is transferring me full time to the new store and she said " I didn't have a choice in the matter". Well that really pissed me off and I told my manor I would be talking with her. Well she came and asked if I would be ready in two weeks and I told her no. She then preceded to tell me that I didn't have a choice and it didn't matter if I didn't like it because legally she could transfer me 20 miles without my permission and went on to threaten my job stating that I only had one write up left before termination and that if she didn't transfer me to the new store I could posssible be terminates before the new year. She talks to me like crap all the time and she never cares about what i want. She is on some big ol power trip and I'm not ok with being treated like crap. I want to report her actions, but I don't know how to go about it because we are a corporation and there are so many different departments . Sorry this is so long I just needed to get it off my chest all at once.
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Doing my jjkicks with 30 DS daily and eating breakfast daily. Today I wore a pair of size 14 (UK) jeans for the first time in 3 years!

Sarah

Great nsv!!! CONGRATS!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I'm having such a bad day and I need to vent, so I appologize now If this is long.

Jenn i can now relate to the job struggle you were having a few weeks back. As I've mentioned before I am a hairstylist an I work for a corporation which means I have a manager, a regional manager, district manager, and a superior . I've been with the company for a year and 4 months and have worked in two separate stores. I was at the first location for 7 months and wasn't making any money got frustrated and quit caring. Well that led to a write up or two and a transfer because I was a "problem employee" Ive been at my new location for about 8 1/2 months and I love it here!! Everyone gets along, I'm making enough money to survive, it's close to my fiancés job so we save gas I live everything about it. Well our corporation opened up a new store right by my house, I originally showed slight interest in it because they were looking for a manager. I call my regional and she informed me you had to have 5 years experience to qualify so I said never mind Se then informed me that u could work part time at both stores because they could use help at the new one I agreed but stated I did nit want to leave my location permanently, but would help with the new store. Well a month into this arrangemnt I'm told by manager that the regonal is transferring me full time to the new store and she said " I didn't have a choice in the matter". Well that really pissed me off and I told my manor I would be talking with her. Well she came and asked if I would be ready in two weeks and I told her no. She then preceded to tell me that I didn't have a choice and it didn't matter if I didn't like it because legally she could transfer me 20 miles without my permission and went on to threaten my job stating that I only had one write up left before termination and that if she didn't transfer me to the new store I could posssible be terminates before the new year. She talks to me like crap all the time and she never cares about what i want. She is on some big ol power trip and I'm not ok with being treated like crap. I want to report her actions, but I don't know how to go about it because we are a corporation and there are so many different departments . Sorry this is so long I just needed to get it off my chest all at once.

That really sucks! Talk about a rock and hard place. Can you call the regional manager and put in another request that you work part-time at both locations? It is a bummer because you like where you are now, but try to be optimistic, you could end up making decent money at the other location as well. I wish I had something better to say, but it does seem like your in a crappy position.
  • femmerides
    Options

Sarah

that is so awesome! good for you! congrats!
  • femmerides
    Options

i know it sucks but look at it in a positive light...at least you have two jobs and one that wants you to be full time. i became unemployed when my son was born and was job searching for 6 months. we finally decided i would just be a stay at home mom from then on. i would love to go back to work though. i live in silicon valley though so everyone has degrees and is over qualified and they get the jobs first.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends!!!
    Sarah ~ A big Yippee and pat on the back!! It feels so good to fit in smaller clothes.... Keep up the good work!

Nevermorex ~ I agree water, water, water...it should fill you up too :happy:

Neroticvirgo ~ Thanks for the dog up date. You have done all you can do at this point...GOOD JOB! You're a great person!

Johanna~ Wow that sucks!!!! Sounds like you have to be cool for awhile and maybe start looking for another job. It is probably meant to be and something better will come your way!!!

Well my heart is still pounding.. The California HWY patrol showed up about 9:30.... 2 of them...they asked to come in and sit down!!!!! They said there is no easy way to say this but Matthew was in a alcohol related crash and had fatal injuries!!!! I cried:sad: :cry: I asked some questions and kept crying then the officer said ...."you know this is a simulation??" I said of course...but it is my worst nightmare!!!! They are having a meeting for the parents tonight and we go to the trial at 1:00!!!!!

Once the officers left.....I told my husband let's EAT!!!!! we had eggs toast and yes I made some bacon and had 2 pieces!!!! That's me Miss Accountable...I am always spilling my guts :laugh:

The car crash simulation is going on as I type....I just talked to my husband who went to watch, I could hear the sirins in the background..but I have opted to just see the crash on the video! I don't want to see my son but in a body bag in person..:cry: I their video ends up on utube so I can share it with you. Thanks for listening :bigsmile:

You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Judy - That is crazy. It would feel real to me too, although I think I would appreciate the officer reminding me it was a simulation. It sounds like there will be a lot of people learning life lessons to carry with them in an artificial environment rather than the reality of real life.

Neroticvirgo - I think you have handled this dog situation well. It seems like it may have a happy ending after all.

Johanna - I agree that laying low is a wise choice. It is nice when we find a place to work that we enjoy going to. Hopefully the one close to your home can become that for you so that you can save the gas money and enjoy the environment too.

I am having an issue with my old clothes not really fitting anymore. They are not falling off (thanks to my hips) but look baggy. However the smaller clothes I have worn in the past are still too tight. I am not really wanting to spend the bucks on new clothes until I don't really have any smaller clothes in my closet to wear. Is anyone else having that same problem?