Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #15

Options

Replies

• azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I think I've actually been doing ok with the challenges this time around. So far I've gotten in a breakfast (or at least eaten before noon). I'm doing my jumping jack-front kick combo with 30 Day Shred, and that makes it go by really fast. Really hoping for a good weigh in this Friday. I got down to 15.4 and then bumped back up to 16.6 :frown: But I've also been bad and weighing myself to often (I try to stick to Fridays only).

I also wanted to update you all about the dog situation. I haven't seen the puppies since the one puppy died, but I've heard them. I think they are keeping them inside he house now, which makes me feel better at least. I also think that is helping the mother dog get more food because she is looking much better, still skinny, but looks like she's starting to thicken back up at least.

Hope everyone has a great week! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the update on the dog situation! It must be a relief to you to know that all of them are being better taken care of. Good job for indirectly teaching the young lady the skills she needed to keep those puppies safe!
  • azeria
    Options
    I am having such a snacky day today! I think I am going to barricade myself in my room until I leave for work at 4pm because at least there's no food up here!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I saw a really nice number on the scale yesterday (I peaked), but at the rate I'm going, it sure isn't going to stay there by my weigh-in tomorrow!
    Hang in there, you can do it! One minute at a time...
  • azeria
    Options
    I'm having such a bad day and I need to vent, so I appologize now If this is long.

Jenn i can now relate to the job struggle you were having a few weeks back. As I've mentioned before I am a hairstylist an I work for a corporation which means I have a manager, a regional manager, district manager, and a superior . I've been with the company for a year and 4 months and have worked in two separate stores. I was at the first location for 7 months and wasn't making any money got frustrated and quit caring. Well that led to a write up or two and a transfer because I was a "problem employee" Ive been at my new location for about 8 1/2 months and I love it here!! Everyone gets along, I'm making enough money to survive, it's close to my fiancés job so we save gas I live everything about it. Well our corporation opened up a new store right by my house, I originally showed slight interest in it because they were looking for a manager. I call my regional and she informed me you had to have 5 years experience to qualify so I said never mind Se then informed me that u could work part time at both stores because they could use help at the new one I agreed but stated I did nit want to leave my location permanently, but would help with the new store. Well a month into this arrangemnt I'm told by manager that the regonal is transferring me full time to the new store and she said " I didn't have a choice in the matter". Well that really pissed me off and I told my manor I would be talking with her. Well she came and asked if I would be ready in two weeks and I told her no. She then preceded to tell me that I didn't have a choice and it didn't matter if I didn't like it because legally she could transfer me 20 miles without my permission and went on to threaten my job stating that I only had one write up left before termination and that if she didn't transfer me to the new store I could posssible be terminates before the new year. She talks to me like crap all the time and she never cares about what i want. She is on some big ol power trip and I'm not ok with being treated like crap. I want to report her actions, but I don't know how to go about it because we are a corporation and there are so many different departments . Sorry this is so long I just needed to get it off my chest all at once.
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. There are so many bullies out there that don't realize how much they are hurting people! I'm sure there is something you can do, I just don't know where you would have to turn to. I have a colleague that did a lot of research on work bullying, that is what this is... I could contact her and find out more info on it... but I am in Canada. Just send me a message if you'd like me to look into it. Hang in there, I strongly believe that kindness and honesty win out in the end. My mother-in-law always says "you may not win the battle, but you'll win the war"
  • azeria
    Options
    Doing my jjkicks with 30 DS daily and eating breakfast daily. Today I wore a pair of size 14 (UK) jeans for the first time in 3 years!

Sarah
    What an awesome NSV!!! Congrats to you!!!
  • azeria
    Options
    Well my heart is still pounding.. The California HWY patrol showed up about 9:30.... 2 of them...they asked to come in and sit down!!!!! They said there is no easy way to say this but Matthew was in a alcohol related crash and had fatal injuries!!!! I cried:sad: :cry: I asked some questions and kept crying then the officer said ...."you know this is a simulation??" I said of course...but it is my worst nightmare!!!! They are having a meeting for the parents tonight and we go to the trial at 1:00!!!!!

Once the officers left.....I told my husband let's EAT!!!!! we had eggs toast and yes I made some bacon and had 2 pieces!!!! That's me Miss Accountable...I am always spilling my guts :laugh:

The car crash simulation is going on as I type....I just talked to my husband who went to watch, I could hear the sirins in the background..but I have opted to just see the crash on the video! I don't want to see my son but in a body bag in person..:cry: I their video ends up on utube so I can share it with you. Thanks for listening :bigsmile:

You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hang in there Judy! I know this is hard right now, but I do imagine that the life lessons learned for all those kids will be worth it all! You are a strong person and just remember to stay positive!
  • MarlenaLB
    Options
    I waited so long to put in my weight I will just log on Monday so hopefully there will be a big loss. I WILL be at my goal weight by Christmas.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I am having an issue with my old clothes not really fitting anymore. They are not falling off (thanks to my hips) but look baggy. However the smaller clothes I have worn in the past are still too tight. I am not really wanting to spend the bucks on new clothes until I don't really have any smaller clothes in my closet to wear. Is anyone else having that same problem?
    Kristin-
    I had same problem when lost a couple of sizes, but wasn't near my goal. Our Goodwill in town is really nice, brand-new building and since I live in a smaller city with a very large employer...there are many people dropping off really nice stuff. So I was able to get GAP, Old Navy, Talbots etc. for 4-5 dollars per item. Stocked up on some new jeans and brought my old ones in. One idea. But isn't it a great problem to have!!!!
  • azeria
    Options
    Got another 25 jj with kick in... up to 100 now... 50 to go!

Have a good day everyone!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I don't know what happened, but in a matter of 24 hours I feel like all motivation got sucked right out of me. :frown: I just feel tired of watching what I eat, and I don't even want to put up a fight anymore. I want to be in Onederland this New Years, but right now that want doesn't feel as strong as the want to curl up on my bed, in the dark, and eat ice cream and watch TV until I feel better. I haven't eaten anything yet (just woke up about 1 1/2 ago), and I'm about to do some exercise (yay endorphins please PLEASE work some magic).....I really hope this passes quickly.

And of course I get all fizzled out the week of my 5K! What is wrong with my brain!?
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    yikes super busy...CW 182.4

Have a good day
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I know i'm late, but i JUST got power back last night after the freak halloween blizzard!!

here are my numbers for october 30th :smile:

10/23 - 199.4
    10/30 - 199.0

week's loss - 0.4 lbs

Bust:
    7/25 - 47
    8/28 - 47
    9/25 - 45.5
    10/30- 45

Waist:

7/25 - 46
    8/28 - 45.5
    9/25 - 45
    10/30- 44

Hips:
    7/25 - 46
    8/28 - 45
    9/25 - 44.5
    10/30- 43.5

Arms:
    7/25 - 15
    8/28 - 15
    9/25 - 14.75
    10/30- 14.5

Thigh:
    7/25 - 26
    8/28 - 25.5
    9/25 - 25.25
    10/30- 25
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Good morning,

CW 220.2

So close to getting out of the 220's. Next week for sure!
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    CW: 238!! That means I've lost 50 pounds total since I started this whole journey back in April! I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now. I don't think I am going to make my Christmas goal at this point, but I am still making good progress and I feel good about that. I will still keep striving to do my best and celebrate how much closer I am than I was when we started!

Hoping to finish up the jumping jack/kicks tonight. If not, I'll get them done tomorrow.

Judy, I know I would cry for real, too. This is bound to make a huge impact on the kids, don't you think? Certainly it's making one on the parents!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Chris
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    YAY JIMINYC!!!!! Congratulations on your 50 pound mark! That is incredible!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I was pretty absent today. I actually worked as an interpreter this morning for the first time in a longggggg time! Felt so good!

So Happy Friday even though for some of you it's already over and for others, it more than halfway done :)

Let's start those weigh ins!

How's breakfast coming along? I actually missed it today for the first time in a while. I'm a breakfast addict ;-) Jumping jacks like a maniac?!? Are you feeling it?

Don't lose the motivation on the weekend!!! KEEP IT UP UP UP!!!
  • azeria
    Options
    CW: 238!! That means I've lost 50 pounds total since I started this whole journey back in April! I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now. I don't think I am going to make my Christmas goal at this point, but I am still making good progress and I feel good about that. I will still keep striving to do my best and celebrate how much closer I am than I was when we started!

Hoping to finish up the jumping jack/kicks tonight. If not, I'll get them done tomorrow.

Judy, I know I would cry for real, too. This is bound to make a huge impact on the kids, don't you think? Certainly it's making one on the parents!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Chris
    50 pounds!!! Now that is awesome! High 5 to you!!! Keep up the great work! Whether you do get to your Christmas weight goal or not, you are definitely doing a great job! Keep it up!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    UGH! Today was a major FAIL! I did all right with my eating all day (granted, I was still snacky) until dinner and then I went a little nuts... :grumble: I wish I could say "I feel like crap - I learned my lesson"... but I don't! :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

And I didn't get to weigh-in today, so I'll do that tomorrow, but I'm sure the scale won't be kind after today. :sad:

Tomorrow evening I am supposedly going out to eat. They don't have nutrition info posted on their website, so I'm going through the menu trying to make a list of things I would actually LIKE to eat (a treat) and guesstimating the caloric information.
    So far on my list is a hot roast beef sandwich (eating hardly any of the bread), hot open turkey (again, not eating the bread), or cheese ravioli.

I don't feel like having a salad. I've been freezing with no power all week, so warmth sounds good right now. I eliminated all of the fried stuff and meals I know are HUGE (that place has crazy portions -- some stuff is tiny, some is humongous). That pretty much left me with those three choices. I figure, without the bread, the sandwiches will be ok because I don't have to get any fries or anything with them. And if I get sides, I'll just get veggies. And the cheese ravioli was the smallest / least caloric out of the italian options...

Opinions?
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Darn sCale is stuck!!! Has not moved in 3 weeks!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

CW 190.8
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    CW: 154.0
  • shelly650
    Options
    159.6lbs! Im happy because after the weigh in last week I had a few dodgy days and gained 4lbs!!