'his' money and 'hers' money

1235»

Replies

• maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    There's nothing wrong with sharing one account if you have a system and it works, but to imply that people who have separate accounts have "secrets" or aren't in a healthy marriage is really funny. People having separate accounts doesn't mean that their partner isn't allowed to access it, that they don't divvy up paychecks or that it was set up to hide "bad" things. In my relationship, one of us is a saver and the other a spender so, although we have a main account, we also have seperate accounts to avoid conflict on how our portion of spending money is spent. Besides decreasing the chance of arguing over finances, it also allows for gift purchases to be a surprise or for us to quickly pull spending money without having to check balances and get the ok from the other. Seperate accounts, in a trusting relationship, can be a wise marital decision for, I would dare say, the average couple... as I imagine the majority (not all) of couples don't consist of two super saver personality types.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Together... what's his is mine & what's mine is mine... LOL

Seriously. All of our money goes into one pile and all of our bills are paid from that pile. I take care of the finances. He trusts me to do so. We have been married 22 years. That said...what works for us may not work for you.

PS... I get the divorce thing and separate money... but we're past that. Besides, if we divorced, he would have to manage his own money and his credit rating would drop b/c he would forget to pay his bills!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: