November - 30 Day Shred Challenge!!

Options
Hey guys
Today is November 1st and there are so many challenges out there and so many people want to be apart of one.
I am starting one since it is the 1st of November.
Its Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred.
Who is up for doing it with me?
If I get enough people to join, I can start a blog and we can comment it daily and motivate each other.
If you want to join, let me know, add me and Ill get it all rolling.
I just completed my 30 day challenge for today.
Let do this people, we all want to lose weight by the New Yr!

Replies

• fit4future
    fit4future Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd be up for it - but not sure what is included in the "Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred" - could you give us a bit more information?
  • RosiG
    RosiG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 today too...this isn't my first try....i"ve done Level 1 about 30 days...lol...not consecutively obvi but I'm really serious about completing it this month...add me if you like so we can motivate each other
  • RoneaWhite923
    Options
    i love challengs count me in! Just add me
  • miluc3742
    Options
    I am up for it! I did the 30 day shred this evening as well.
  • char_Oh
    char_Oh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just did day1 of the 30 day shred and it kicked my butt can you tell me how to log this in my exercise my calories I burned and I'm up for the challenge with you all .
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in. did my first day in the morning
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Did first day today. I'm in.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 1 DAY 2 = 173 CALORIES BURNED

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME AT DOING A JM30DS CHALLENGE AND I HOPE NO ONE MINDS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER UP SOME TIPS I HAVE LEARNT ALONG THE WAY. FIRSTLY I AM 51yo AND NOT AT ALL WOULD I CONSIDER MYSELF FIT, I CURRENTLY WEIGH 94KG (207LBS). SO GET THE PICTURE I AM OLDER THAN MOST OF YOU, FATTER AND LAZIER SO MAYBE SOME OF THIS ADVICE WONT APPLY TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM NO EXPERT SO THIS IS JUST ADVICE FROM MY OBSERVATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.

1. Do not be discouraged its harder than you think.
    2. If need to modify, modify, modify, otherwise you may give up.
    3. Do it at half pace if you need too.
    4. Jog on spot for jump rope if you have bad knees.
    4. Use light weights to begin with, and even none for side lunges or only every 2nd day.
    5. Have a towel folded ready to go under your knees for push ups.
    6. Bicycle crunches, I had to slowly build up did 5 then regular crunches.
    7. If needed take a rest day.
    8. Take measurements as well as weight at start.

Hope this helps someone. I have too often seen so many get discouraged. If you need to take more than one rest day do so, listen to your body. You will still get benefit from how any little you do. Congrat yourself for every little step.

I can't say I recorded large weight loss or measurements during my past 2 go's at this, but there was some, Biggest Bonus of all I felt STRONGER.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING OUR EXPERIENCES ALONG THE WAY.
    Edited by jellyfishjen on Wed 11/02/11 12:01 PM
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am in on this. I did level 1 day 1 today
  • NumberOneBL
    Options
    Hey I'm in too, I'm rotating days between Jillian Michael's Shred and her Yoga Meltdown = TOUGH

I'm also new to MFP and have never done a challenge before..what do I do?
  • dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm all on board for the 30 day shred. I started yesterday (November 1) and am on Day 2.
    Count me in. I would love to have a comment/message board.
  • positivethinker
    positivethinker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in what's required in addition to staying focussed need all the help I can do we set a target cheers
  • DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've ordered my DVD today so will join you, just a few days later! Good luck all x
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi just did day 2 after a hell of a day 11 My abs, arms and thigh were burning! now im ok as I think iv losened up a bit after my workout. Next week im going to do 30DS one day then P90X Lean program the next and alternate. If I do cardio as well as the shred should I still lose lbs each week? Iv heard not many people lose lbs just inches on the shred and dont want to halt my loses
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I will start today!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    May I join? I have done the Shred 2 x's but it has been a few months. I was going to do the Killer Butt and Thighs, but everyone else in the challenge left. Please, Please, Please take me. I'm only a day behind.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 1 DAY 2 = 173 CALORIES BURNED

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME AT DOING A JM30DS CHALLENGE AND I HOPE NO ONE MINDS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER UP SOME TIPS I HAVE LEARNT ALONG THE WAY. FIRSTLY I AM 51yo AND NOT AT ALL WOULD I CONSIDER MYSELF FIT, I CURRENTLY WEIGH 94KG (207LBS). SO GET THE PICTURE I AM OLDER THAN MOST OF YOU, FATTER AND LAZIER SO MAYBE SOME OF THIS ADVICE WONT APPLY TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM NO EXPERT SO THIS IS JUST ADVICE FROM MY OBSERVATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.

1. Do not be discouraged its harder than you think.
    2. If need to modify, modify, modify, otherwise you may give up.
    3. Do it at half pace if you need too.
    4. Jog on spot for jump rope if you have bad knees.
    4. Use light weights to begin with, and even none for side lunges or only every 2nd day.
    5. Have a towel folded ready to go under your knees for push ups.
    6. Bicycle crunches, I had to slowly build up did 5 then regular crunches.
    7. If needed take a rest day.
    8. Take measurements as well as weight at start.

Hope this helps someone. I have too often seen so many get discouraged. If you need to take more than one rest day do so, listen to your body. You will still get benefit from how any little you do. Congrat yourself for every little step.

I can't say I recorded large weight loss or measurements during my past 2 go's at this, but there was some, Biggest Bonus of all I felt STRONGER.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING OUR EXPERIENCES ALONG THE WAY.
    Edited by jellyfishjen on Wed 11/02/11 12:01 PM

Cheers, Jen!
  • blueeyes25s
    blueeyes25s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can I join this challenge? I just recently bought the 30 Day Shred but haven't been doing it consistently.
  • tntmom87
    tntmom87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just did day1 of the 30 day shred and it kicked my butt can you tell me how to log this in my exercise my calories I burned and I'm up for the challenge with you all .

I log it in as circuit training.
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    im up for it i started yesterday and today im sooo sore lol