Flab-u-less Closed Group (November Team Challenge

Options

Replies

• azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Hope you have a chance to finish today's challenge and high 5 to those who already have... delayed high 5 to the others that will be completing it!

The challenge has been posted for tomorrow. I have no clue what any of these are, but will be looking at the videos to find out. However, I was told that you would need either weights or vegetable cans/soup cans.... Good luck with this one and I'll look at it more later tonight... so, here it is all copied and pasted:

"I am totally using the upper body workout from a challenge I did in September so if you have done Gary's challenges before these should be nothing new. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE VIDEOS THAT GO WITH EACH EXERCISE! Even if you think you know what the exercise it I want to make sure everyone is doing the same thing.

2 Sets of 15 swimmers press, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21's and 2 sets of 15 tricep kickbacks

Video:
    Swimmers press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edj1s-BdyLA&feature=related
    Wood Chop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEMC1Z2U4c
    21's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIL7f7Ljb9A (note these are 7 in each position)
    Tricep Kickbacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeiqKL0jS4 (note this is 15 per SIDE so 30 per set) "
  • Mememone
    Mememone Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here we go.... I have completed todays exercises and will soon have the remainder of the water down! LOL :) in between trips to the washroom!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Exercises done, water DONE!!! Yup, I'm floating, but it's all good!!!!

Dinner next, then Bible study... Wednesday's are nuts, but I love them!!!
  • Mememone
    Options
    Okay so 1st of all let's get this water thing out or the way! I am done or just finishing the last gulp! Lol

Now for my story..... When I got married, I weighed 112 lbs then had 3 children and after the last I weighed 168 lbs. At the age of 27 I lost my husband in an accident. Because of nerves and so on I crashed to 118. Literaly crashed. My doctor was so worried, he had be go in every 3rd day to be weighed. I then leveled off and stayed there for 3 years, returned to school and met my second husband. I am an emotional eater! I have had a few very trying experiences with my oldest child that to this day I still find very hard to talk about. So between being in a happy relationship and stressful situations with one of my children, my weight went up out of control.

Then one of my very good friends, Lynn who is our captain, told me about this sight. I have been here since February 2011, I am a very slow looser, but I am also hoping that by loosing it slow, I will keep it off. I also live in Northern Ontario, Canada but I beleive we are both determined and I am so proud of her because she has been doing so well. She truly is a big part of my motivation.

I have a lot of respect for all of yous!! Every one of us have a different story but each one of us have a good reason to be here.

I am so very glad to be part of such a good, motivated and supportive team!!!

Proud of our work today!!!!

Monique
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Wow, Monique, what a story!!! So glad you are here and getting yourself back in shape, you will be a knockout, I just know it!!!

Yup, I think I spent more time tinkling today than usual, but I usually drink almost this much water anyway... I'm still going!!!!

Trying to figure out tomorrow's exercises. I also plan to run 5 miles, so this could get interesting! Glad I have the day off work!!!!
  • azeria
    Options
    Well team, we did it!!! Congrats to all of you! We all accomplished our daily exercise challenge! How great is that!

I did finish drinking all my water and I thought that it sounded like a lot of water, but I'm still going as well, I feel extremely thirsty!

I just looked at those videos, not exercises I've ever done before... I may need to accomplish them all with my computer nearby.

Monique, thanks for all those nice things you said. (ok... I feel like saying a but.. however... then I'm telling myself that sometimes we have to learn to simply take a compliment when we get one. With a thank you that's it...) Ok... well I can't just say thank you... you have inspired me too... and I mean that... what motivates me about you is the way you always complete and keep an eye on your calories. I'm impressed by that... I have a hard time logging in my food... I will get back to it someday, but right now I've found my exercise motivation, so I'll start with that!
  • azeria
    Options
    P.S.: Our team has earned 8 points for today so far!!! How great is that!
  • Mememone
    Options
    Perfect!! and tomorrow is another day with a new challenge!! Lol
  • Mememone
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Got my water in!!

Went out to dinner with hubby, ate over my cal's but not by a whole lot, I'm proud of myself for that. And I ordered something that was better for me too. I usually head for fried food, or cream sauce pasta. I went with steak and potatoes!! Woot woot!!

Hope you all had a good day, I got to get tobed, DD is still up running around....

thumbnail.aspx?q=1341603326982&id=91a85484ed89a98cb25b4d8f56056d6d
  • azeria
    Options
    Awesome job Jill! I have added your water intake points to our chart! Now up to 9!

I have set up my stepson's barbells weights for the challenge tomorrow morning and will be using Cans of soup for the other activities. It will be interesting to see how this works out!

Have a good night everyone and good luck for tomorrow's challenge! Oh and a bonus tomorrow at work we are having a yoga workout video as part of our wellness activity! I get to burn more calories! However, I will miss my Days of our lives that I usually get to watch on my lunch hour... That's ok though :-)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Trying.... to force.... the last..... 12oz..... Bellyyyy... iss..... soooooo..... fullllll......
  • azeria
    Options
    Good job drinking as much as you have Jenn! I know how hard it is on your body when you are not used to it. It will get easier! High 5 for your success!
  • azeria
    Options
    All right ladies! Today's challenge is complete! It doesn't really take long at all to complete this one. However, I'm certain my arms will feel that tomorrow. I never do any weight training. I have my stepson's barbell, but don't have any other weights. I feel like the cans of beans that I used were too light. I thought after I completed the training that perhaps bottles of water would of been just right for me! Either way, you've got to work with what you have!

Good luck with the challenge today! I'll add it all in tonight :-)
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Did the exercises! They weren't too hard, and I wanted to do them at the gym with bigger weights, but the jars of spaghetti sauce worked fine! Also did my 5 mile run.. so I'm done for the day!

Now to get in all that water.... 32 oz down... 68 to go!!!
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Ok, I did finish those last 12oz last night and about another 4 more so that put me officially over the 100oz mark!!! YAY!!! I watched the videos for the exercises this morning but had a cuddle session with my little one instead of doing them. So I will definitely get to them tonight. I left my 32oz water bottle at home today so I'm going to have to refill my little 16.9oz bottle a bunch of times today, lol. This should be interesting!!!
  • azeria
    Options
    Nikki: Great job getting the exercise in Nikki! Spaghetti sauce are better then nothing!

Jen: Great job finishing your water intake last night!!!

So, team I got a message as a captain and our team was in 3rd place as of this morning, with the other 2 teams tied ahead of us. However, with Jenn having completed her water challenge, it puts us all tied for 1st place. So, great job team!!!

I'm currently still working on my water intake for today, but will get it done. Just so you know, tomorrow's challenge is a repeat of yesterday's and Saturday's a repeat of today's.
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Sorry for getting that info to you too late. I literally brought the water to bed with me and wouldn't allow myself to go to sleep until I finished it, LOL!!

Today is tough without my 32oz bottle but I'm working on it!
  • Mememone
    Options
    Okay Lynn.... the exercises are all done and I am about 24 ounces away in the water. :) Jenn that is great that you are that commited. You are doing great at this. I also have a hard time drinking this much water eventhough I do drink a lot through the day.
  • azeria
    Options
    Don't worry about getting your water accomplishment to me late, I can still edit the chart until I submit the results on Sunday. Sunday, we all get a break from the challenges. There will be no exercise and no obligations to drink water. So, if you must go to bed with your water to get it done, so be it... lol Just give me the results in the morning. The one good thing about having such a small cup today, is every time you go for a refill, you can stop in at the washroom... well, I'm sure you'll need to anyhow! lol

Good job on the exercise Monique! You are doing good on the water, keep up the great work!