[GROUP FULL] SPARTANS: No Excuses November Chat - Wk 1

Options

Replies

• mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Spartans!! Thanks for posting the challenges, Kate. I tried out the ab challenges, and the side jackknife crunch was intense! Felt it burning all the way through my obliques, sides and back. Did about 2 sets x 20 repetitions on each side.

The reverse ab crunch was hardcore too...10 reps in and I could feel my lower abs + leg muscles tightening.

How is everyone else doing? I'm trying to drink more water during the day to hit at least 10 glasses, but so far I haven't been successful yet. Any tips on how to get in more water?

Also didn't manage to go for runs/jogs as its been raining like crazy here...probably due to to monsoon season since I live in a tropical country with a humid climate. Oh well..
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not a bad day Today, for me. Cycled 24 miles, did 15 mins on the Cross trainer and did spinning class. Didn't get chance to try the challenge Today but will have a look through them tomorrow, if I can move my legs!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok team I've just completed 2 rounds of insanity and 1 round of Billy Blanks Cardio and Sculpt. :explode: :explode: :explode: I'm down 32oz of 02 and will drink the other 32 within the next hour. :drinker: :drinker: I'm going to work in about an hours so it will be nice to do the stretch tonight.:huh: I am feeling it!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: TEAM LET'S DO THIS.

OMG, YOU ROCK!!!!! Definitely an inspiration!

Thanks so much it looks like everyone is motivated, this is a fantastic challenge.
  • ycc1964
    Options
    Side Jackknife Crunch 3x 20 on each side (Done)

Reverse Crunch 3x20 (Done)

Abdominal hold (could not do for any long than 1 second) lol

2 DVD's Bob Harper and Jillian's Michaels' Killer Buns and Thighs (Done )

64oz of water down

Calories under

Good night :yawn:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think I need to drop out of this. Sorry. I just can't find the time for it right now.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I think I need to drop out of this. Sorry. I just can't find the time for it right now.

We will miss you. Good luck in your journey.
    BRENDA
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Just forget the daily challenges - they are only optional - I've only managed one of them so far! Just stick with the weekly weigh ins and don't beat yourself up for not logging in every day!

Hope you stick with it.
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Anyone know what Saturday's mini challenge is yet? Almost lunch time here so only half a day left to build the challenge in.

I think what I am going to do is stay a day behind.......so today......I will do the abs challenge that I didn't manage to do yesterday!

Happy Saturday Spartans!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Yesterday's challenge yet, either... Will try to do the abs stuff later, if I get chance and feel up to it!

I hope you decide to stick with it Sarah :wink:
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Day 4 crunches done!!

Also plan on a bonus jog, C25K, W8D3. I completed week 8, but not quite sure if I can pull off 3 miles next week.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Anyone know what Saturday's mini challenge is yet? Almost lunch time here so only half a day left to build the challenge in.

I think what I am going to do is stay a day behind.......so today......I will do the abs challenge that I didn't manage to do yesterday!

Happy Saturday Spartans!

Happy Saturday!! Not sure what the challenge for today is. I'll check in again later.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    100 crunches done. 40 Reverse and 60 regular
    40 Calf raises
    60 Push ups
    Still can't get in 100 oz's of water but I'm still trying...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Spartans....tomorrow is my Monday.
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    hanging in there, still doing the 30DS everyday, I'm on day 10 :) Getting easier every day to get up in the morning! Trying to decide when to move up to level 2, not quite sure I'm ready yet.

Stuck at a bit of a plateau which was bumming me out, until I re did my measurements and realized I have lost an inch off my waist in a week! That is promising, even if the scale hasn't budged!

spending the day with my family at a science and engineering festival in Austin--I'll definitely get lots of walking in :)

have a great Sunday all! Go Spartans!
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Juls congrats on the measurement loss. I'll take a measurement loss over a loss on the scale. I wasn't losing much on the scale the first few weeks but noticed the difference in the way my clothes fit. Hang in there and enjoy your day at the festival!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    hanging in there, still doing the 30DS everyday, I'm on day 10 :) Getting easier every day to get up in the morning! Trying to decide when to move up to level 2, not quite sure I'm ready yet.

Stuck at a bit of a plateau which was bumming me out, until I re did my measurements and realized I have lost an inch off my waist in a week! That is promising, even if the scale hasn't budged!

spending the day with my family at a science and engineering festival in Austin--I'll definitely get lots of walking in :)

have a great Sunday all! Go Spartans!

I actually found that Level 2 was easier (except for the V raises... still hate those) and have had others say the same. I'm moving to Level 3 today, gonna try to at least. :wink: Congrats on sticking with it and on your measurement loss!!
  • ycc1964
    Options
    Hello this is what was posted for SATURDAYS CHALLENGE, for those of you who did not see it.

****SPARTANS!!! **** Your mobile leader is checking in :) Today's challenge: ARMS. They will be strong and gorgeous! Do 10, 20, 30 extra push ups (40-50 if lower impact) here is a video for some ideas. BRING IT TODAY!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhiHbBWTuqo)

I'm going to do them today.
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Ycc...I thought I saw this somewhere but I couldn't find it. Which is why I did the push-ups. Good looking out.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Today's challenge completed. Was trying to talk myself out of going hiking but had to add that 60 minutes of cardio in and I did it! I felt so good after it because I'd never been able to hike that trail without stopping and I actually jogged some of it today. Looking forward to next week and the weigh-in on Tuesday!

Also finished week 2 of C25K and moving to week 3 so trying to keep up with my original goal as well to meet my weight goal.
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    **** SPARTANS! ****

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ==== DAY SEVEN CHALLENGE ====
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MENTAL. How did your first week go? Assess your nutrition and exercise. What did you do really well? What will you change this week?
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good morning Spartans! I am back home and back to work. I did well on vacation, except last night when I broke down :) I had pizza (no bread, just the gooey cheese and pepperoni). I'm about to log the calories and super hydrate today to get ready for tomorrow's check in.

I couldn't get my Mac to connect to the free wifi all weekend, how frustrating! I've caught up on the challenges in my BLOG so if you missed any, go check there.

For myself, I am a few challenges behind. I need to do arms and core, so that is on the menu for me this week, to get those in! Also, I really liked the calf raises, I might add them to my week.

I did a stepper on Saturday at the hotel and the backs of my knees have been sore and killing me. I didn't work out Sunday morning, and plan to work out after work today. A lot of errands to run at lunch!

Sarah - Good luck and we'll see you in December maybe!

Everyone: I want to cheer on the successes but I must get to work! I will check in later :)

LET'S DO THIS!!!! WOO HOOO!!!