Popular movies that you just didn't like

Options

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    All those stupid "Not another....." movies. Scary movie 1 was funny... 2 and 3 and 4 and whatever else? lame!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Borat
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    The Notebook. YUCK!
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Twilight and Harry Potter.
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Avatar, otherwise known as the blue people Pocahontas. I saw it with my aunt and uncle and she was like crazy about it. I didn't understand what was so amazing.

I'm really happy to see that so many people HATED Avatar like I did. Not only was in unoriginal (other than the effects), the acting was awful and plot was just stupid. I admit, I didn't see it in theatres, only as a pirated download from a friend, but I felt like that proved my point... if I can't get into the movie without wearing 3D glasses, it's just a waste of my time!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happy_hausfrau
    Options
    Moneyball: Jonah Hill got an Oscar nomination for this? My kids do better acting when they don't want to go to school. Plus I just plain don't like Brad Pitt. He does nothing for me. Although I did like Benjamin Button.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Extremely Long and Incredibly Boring.
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Titantic, anything with leonardo diCRAPio in it :laugh:

+1 :wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Napoleon Dynamite....stupid stupid movie and ofcourse my teenagers thought it was histerical and went around quoting it for months..... gag me

American Beauty....YUCK
    Harry Potter or Twilight just have no interest in seeing them
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I absolutely could not stand Dune. I love most scifi but the whispering just irritated me like crazy! Its a great book though. Oh, and Mulholland Drive. I get it, just didn't like it. Eraserhead and Blue Velvet were great.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Couldn't stand "Gladiator." Not a fan of Russell Crowe, the story was drawn out and unoriginal. A major yawn fest for me.

Oh, and "Knocked Up." Several friends insisted that it was the funniest movie ever. I didn't even chuckle.
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Napolean Dynamite,stupidest movie ever made imo.

AMEN!!!
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The Lucky One - I was most unlucky to have chosen to see it - should've seen the chimp movie
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Stand By Me
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids
  • jwright71
    Options
    Michael Bay is a talentless hack who relies on CGI to make a movie watchable...
    You, sir, are MY hero!

I'd also like to include all of the Twilight and Harry Potter films. I just don't get it, I guess. Oh, and Hunger Games! Why does Hollywood keep crapping out these fairly basic "tween" novels into multi-million dollar bore fests with actors/actresses that seem like they'd rather be doing anything other than acting?!?

Finally, Meet The Parents and all of it's ridiculous sequels.

I'm sure I could think of more, but these are off the top of my head...
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest- if Johnny Depp is not in it... there is a good chance I am not watching it. :bigsmile:
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Matrix. My husband got mad at me because I fell asleep in the theater, lol.
  • bugsy2011
    bugsy2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The English Patient
    Napolean Dynamite
    Lord of the Rings
    Twilight
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    1. Titanic
    2. Avatar
    3. The Green Mile

All three bored me to tears. Titanic was especially painful since I knew how it was going to end and found the romance completely trite.