rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Kill Bill
    Lost In Translation
    Pulp Fiction
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Wait wait wait......Star Wars original trilogy? I understand everything AFTER the original series but STAR WARS? Come one!!
    PS: I despise movies geared for kids but try to make adults laugh, ANY Twilight movie, Avatar, ANYTHING with Julian Roberts, Jennifer Anniston, Sandra Bullock, oh the list is sooooo long!! And no, I never even watched these movies!!

yep couldn't get into the originals even.

sandra bullock? not even "the blind side"??? thats one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Agree with Avatar.
    District 9

Those and "Dude, Where's My Car?" <--- worst movie ever, next to Chupacabra
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The notebook. Just too frickin sad for me to enjoy.:sad:

^^ yes!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I actually liked District 9. Guess I'm one of the weird people.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you who didn't like Harry Potter.

Did you not like the movies because you had read the books and didn't like all the side plots that had been taken out?
    or
    Did you not like to movie because you hadn't read the books and wasn't really sure what was going on?
    or
    Did you just not read the book or watch the movie and don't like it for other reasons?

If there is another reason please state I'm just curious of why people didn't like the movies. I'm a Harry Potter fan, but I like to get into discussion about the movies and what people did or didn't like about them.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Napoleon Dynamite. I was just all :noway: Didnt get it.
    Im going to add Twilight but technically Ive never seen it or read it. I refuse.
    The Notebook. So sappy. gag me
    Polar Express. That movie creeps me out! The animation is so lifelike but their faces are so cold and lifeless. Its freaky

Ohhh I know theres more! Ive seen so many craptastic movies because they got rave critic reviews.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    District 9 - I just don't get it
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hangover

But the one that stands out MORE than anything - Austin Powers movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble:

I have never seen any of the Austin Powers movies and I refuse to watch the Hangover. I just can't handle that level of stupid.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Inglorious *kitten*
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Titanic, Twilight, Kill Bill, Sex and the City, Saw movies, Highschool Musical, Rocky movies, The Matrix movies, and anything with Nicholas Cage, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Aniston, Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves, Larry the Cable Guy
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Titanic, Twilight, Kill Bill, Sex and the City, Saw movies, Highschool Musical, Rocky movies, The Matrix movies, and anything with Nicholas Cage, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Aniston, Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves, Larry the Cable Guy

"Saw" movies - they are so disturbing - I shudder just thinking about it
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Oh i forgot the stupid movie list
    Anchorman-it just wasnt funny
    Dumb and dumber
    anything where Will Ferral is the leading man
    The other guys
    oh and Million dollar baby- dont bill a movie as a boxing movie and then turn it into some sad sappy movie halfway though. I was soooo mad
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Superbad
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Twilight (movies and books. Most anti-woman shight I've ever had the misfortune to learn of)
    I hated HP 4. That dude is NOT Dumbledore. I stopped going to see them after that.
    The DaVinci Code

Can't think of any others at the moment, but I'm sure it'll come to me.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity - Serously? Saw it on TV this weekend. People actually paid money to see that crap??
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    Talladega Nights

Lord of the Rings
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity - Serously? Saw it on TV this weekend. People actually paid money to see that crap??

There you go showing your age again, Scott! Just kidding....at least you watched it! There's no way I would even watch it on TV. My 19 year old tried to convince me that "older people would like the new one". Whatever.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Dirty dancing. Hate it! lol

ME TOO!! I think it was all the times I was forced to watch it at like every sleepover I went to. Uggh.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Forrest Gump. I swear, that movie didn't seem like it was going to end. In fact, I left early so it still may be going on.

^^^ One of my faves!!

Mine too, in fact it is my favourite movie ever.
    Question for those of you who didn't like Harry Potter.

Did you not like the movies because you had read the books and didn't like all the side plots that had been taken out?
    or
    Did you not like to movie because you hadn't read the books and wasn't really sure what was going on?
    or
    Did you just not read the book or watch the movie and don't like it for other reasons?

If there is another reason please state I'm just curious of why people didn't like the movies. I'm a Harry Potter fan, but I like to get into discussion about the movies and what people did or didn't like about them.

I've read 5 of the books, and watched the first two movies. It took me FOREVER to get into the books, I must have read the first few chapters of the first book about 10 times...I just found it so boring. I eventually read it all, and the next 4, but just lost interest. I guess it's just not my cup of tea, I really don't get the hype!

I stopped watching the films for a similar reason, but also because Lupin was my favourite character and when they cast him so completely wrong (in my opinion) in the third film I gave up!

Films I didn't like...

Love Actually, I just don't get the hype AT ALL. But I generally hate rom coms.
    Tinker Tailor Solider Spy (I know it came out recently, but for all the hype it was awful)

I would add Twilight to that but I haven't seen them, I have no intention of watching them either.
  • singingdi
    Options
    1. Dumb & Dumber - was dumb
    2. Forest Gump - also dumb
    3. Braveheart - overacting to say the least!