Popular movies that you just didn't like

Options

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity - Serously? Saw it on TV this weekend. People actually paid money to see that crap??

Yes! And the Blair Witch Project, stupid.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Top gun.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I actually liked District 9. Guess I'm one of the weird people.
    I liked it too. I'm still waiting for a part 2!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Twilight
    The Hangover
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you who didn't like Harry Potter.

Did you not like the movies because you had read the books and didn't like all the side plots that had been taken out?
    or
    Did you not like to movie because you hadn't read the books and wasn't really sure what was going on?
    or
    Did you just not read the book or watch the movie and don't like it for other reasons?

If there is another reason please state I'm just curious of why people didn't like the movies. I'm a Harry Potter fan, but I like to get into discussion about the movies and what people did or didn't like about them.

I'm curious about this too, I'm a Harry Potter nut.
    I don't like the movies because the story is wishy washy compared to the books. I still watched them all, I still enjoyed them but I don't relate them to the books. I see it as a different, less complicated, version of what happened. :)

Edited to add:
    I hate rom coms. Anything too soppy. I like a bit of adventure. :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    haha I like a lot of the movies posted ...

Precious - total mind *kitten* of a movie
    Green Latern - I have a huge crush on Ryan Reynolds but that movie was bad
    Failure to Launch
    Hated those damn SAW movies...I had to go with my ex to see one of them WHILE I WAS PREGNANT! omfg
    Spiderman movies
    The new Batman movies
    New Hulk
    Godzilla was terrible

Disapointed with Warrior
    Never saw LotR and no real desire to
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Juno.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings & the remake of King Kong.

Basically I just hate Peter Jackson. The praise that man gets is completely undeserved.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Titanic.

The Matrix and all of its various lame incarnations. (In fear of having to give up my geek card over that one.)

Anything with Adam Sandler in it, with the exception of Punchdrunk Love.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    The remake of King Kong was amazing, Naomi Watts was awesome in it, its weird but I was just thinking about that today would you believe!!!

I hated Forrest Gump it was just one long bore and Tom Hanks is so plain and boring I have no idea why he got so powerful in Hollywood.

Avatar is amazing, seen it loads. actually love many of the movies mentioned, how can The Hangover not be funny? plus the eye candy of Bradley Cooper! Punch Drunk Love is totally touching I agree, Adam sandler is much better serious than comic.

Titanic was a ok but a bit of a bore and I didn't quite think it necessary for the entire audience to be sobbing into their hankies at the end when the end was so predictable anyway!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Twighlight and Harry Potter---GAH!!!
    Anything with Will Ferrell.
    The new Star Wars movies.
    I can't even remember the name of it-The Day the Earth ended or something-that disaster movie with Dennis Quaid and Jack Gylenhall...that movie was so depressing, and as it kept going I found myself more and more wanting to blow my brains out...
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I actually liked District 9. Guess I'm one of the weird people.
    I liked it too. I'm still waiting for a part 2!

Me three. I thought it was a great twist on alien flicks...with a bit of social commentary thrown in.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Usually when I "commit" to a movie I will watch it all the way through....and as I read through this I was reminded how unwatchable Austin Powers "Goldmember" was. There aren't a whole lot of movies I say that about...just saw something else recently that was like that...can't remember what it was though. I think it was an old supposedly "classic" movie from Netflix....
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    forrest gump
    ps i love you
    harry potter movies
    lord of the rings movies
    star wars movies
    elizabethtown
    castaway
    the terminal
    anything with: will ferrell, owen wilson, ben stiller, jennifer aniston, sarah jessica parker (with the exception of hocus pocus) or angelina jolie in it - they all make me want to vomit

*i'm sure there are many more, lol*
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    American Beauty (TERRIBLE!)
    Star Wars - all of them. I just don't get what is so great about them.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The Hangover.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anything with vampires or zombies. And werewolves, for that matter. Also hated Avatar.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Twilight, it's just crap
    Titanic
    Pearl Harbor
    The 3 newest Star Wars (ridiculous, don't even bother defending it. The story was week and the special effects replaced solid story telling)
    Superman Returns (horrible, stupid, made no sense. Man of Steel in 2012 better get it right)
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Princess Bride
    The Others
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    From Dusk til Dawn....I don't get it...the acting is horrific. I know that it's Quentin Tarantino's style...BUT IT SUCKS