124»

Replies

• Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing your husband but check out

www.Thinkgeek.com

They have AWESOME stuff!

I would probably spend more on myself on this site. I've been wanting the Darth Vader toaster for a LONG time!

This will be my first Christmas with my boyfriend and I am DREADING it. The only other boyfriend I've had during Christmas never got me anything in the 5 years we were together (that would be why he is an ex). We haven't been dating too long but I know he will impress me. :love: Anything I can think off the top of my head is crazy expensive: music equipment, tattoos, car stuff... I hope we discuss it first. :/

Just awesome, I would go for all of this! :) Especially the Darth Vader toaster!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    OK another question, can anyone recommend a good pocket knife that's not too expensive. I was thinking of a leatherman, but he already has one and uses it all the time so no need to get him a new one.

My dad got me one from Smith & Wesson. It's pretty awesome :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Eyeclops v2 Nightvision goggles.

Even for a kids toy, they're AWESOME. I can see clear across the basement or yard.

I got my brother and father a pair each last Christmas.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqcEMBzRl1s4anoKxS1M2JVL1ntVtPRvfBvbbbH28NMz0PfCmuEg
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Shaving kit: A real one like a straight razor with some cartridges, oil, foam, and brush

Favor book is always good, but can be tough to pull off right

Outfits for you are always good

Tickets to something "manly" like skeet shooting or a ball game or paintball (I loved doing that) were nice

Some guys like brewing kits to make their own beer...some would just rather you spent the money buying them beer

If I think of anything else I'll repost later.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    OK another question, can anyone recommend a good pocket knife that's not too expensive. I was thinking of a leatherman, but he already has one and uses it all the time so no need to get him a new one.

Leek or Bearclaw.

Trust the Yukoner on this one. LOL
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Every year I buy my husband Regal Cinema gift cards b/c he's a movie buff and loves to go to movies. I do this so b/c he is going to go to the movies ANWAY and that way he doesn't blow our budget ! He doesn't even have to budget for the movies with his "blow" money b/c he's got the cards. He loves them and expects them every christmas now!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Butterfly knife? Lot more fun than a pocket knife if he already has said pocket knife. You could also get a locked case for the knives if you're looking at kids soon.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

Butterfly knife? Lot more fun than a pocket knife if he already has said pocket knife. You could also get a locked case for the knives if you're looking at kids soon.

a locked case for the knives...you are brilliant LOL. I swear sometimes my brain does not computer....he already has a butterfly knife though.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Some of the hits in our house... PJ pants and t-shirt for lounging in the house that are themed to his favorite movies/shows/sports team. Stained glass night light of his fav sports team. Slippers...we have wood and tile floors and they get cold. He went nuts for the Monty Python "killer bunny" slippers I found. A risque calendar for his home office. Last year the winner was a personalized Tervis thermal glass with his name and team logo on it. Every year I try to find one unique gift amongst the other normal things.