Your man cook and do dishes?

Options
So do your husbands take part in the cooking and dishes in your house or is that a job that falls on the woman? How do you balance the workload? Tricky as a newlywed to demand help. Just wondering.....

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Marriage is all about teamwork I do part of the dishes... the making them dirty part she does the cleaning part. :wink:

and i do cook.. most nights.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Demand? No. Ask? Definately. Mine has helped from day 1; if i cook, he cleans. If he is home and I work late he might even do both!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    my hubby helps with it all kids chore food gorgery shopping he is a big part of it all.......i am blessed...n he is amazing :flowerforyou:
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I have been married for 20 years...

When we both were working, and before kids, we split it pretty evenly. I like cooking so I did that more often, and my wife doesn't mind dishes. Now that my wife is a SAHM, she does pretty much all the cooking and dishes during the week, and I do a lot of the weekend cooking, though dishes still fall on her.

We do have a dishwasher for the majority of the dishes, I will say....
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Husband & I share the workload. If it is my day off I clean and cook, if it is his day off..he cleans and cooks. If it is the weekend we both pitch in. We both work, we both make the mess..we both should clean.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I cook and do dishes.
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I cook, clean, laundry, dishes & vaccum...we are 50/50. :happy:
  • sgibney78
    Options
    I cook and grocery shop and he does the dishes (which is basically putting them in the dishwasher). Once he complained and I let him go to the grocery store with my list of 37 things I needed for the week. Then I turned my cell off, let him figure out where the goats cheese and white distilled vinegar is himself. He’s never complained since.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    He does! But I prefer to cook (so I know how to log) and I prefer to make The Child do the dishes (no freeloaders in my house!)
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My hubby of 30 years does all that and more. He even cleans litterboxes. Only thing I can't get him to do is dust but who cares when he does everything else. I work full time and when we got married I told him that I expected him to help around the house. He used to insist on me doing his ironing....until I deliberately put a double crease in his pants. Now he does his own! :)

Actually his Mom raised him right!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My husband does less around the house than my kids do! After almost 12yrs of marriage, I've just learned to accept he'll never change that. He'll cook, but who knows what I'll be eating, and definitely wouldn't be something I could figure out how to log and I'll definitely be doing the cleanup.
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    My husband cleans quite a bit. I almost always cook, and he normally does dishes while I take care of our kids. But sometimes he plays with the kids and I clean the kitchen. :) Talk about it! I know couples who found out 10 years into their marriage that one of them likes dishes and one hates them, and the other loves vacuuming and the other hates it!
  • jessicanottingham
    jessicanottingham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have a man that does both! We have an unspoken agreement that we've upheld for the last 3 years...if one of us does the cooking, the other does the dishes and cleanup. It's a great way to compromise and express your gratitude for the cook!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband is VERY helpful in house chores. He is truly wonderful.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I cook and clean up EVERY night. I enjoy it and it makes me feel good to provide solid meals for my family.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My husband helps cook, clean, take care of the children and everything else I need help with:bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I do the cooking and cleaning only because he's in the military and he's gone 12-14 hours a day but once he gets out we plan to split it 50/50. So if i cook he would help with dishes and then of course when he cooks I will do the dishes... You need to ask him to help you out it shouldn't ALWAYS fall on the women to do the cooking and cleaning!
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am not married but i live with my bf and our daughter.. i usually cook and then he cleans.. when he has a hard day at work i let him relax and i clean.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We both share the cooking in our house which usually works out because when she doesn't want to cook I usually do and the other way around. As far as the dishes go, I rarely do them, but that's mostly due to my back pain.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Don't demand - ask. Or tell him, "You know, if you help with the dishes and laundry, then I'll have more energy for other things." :laugh: