Pet names as in honey, babe, etc

Options

Replies

• JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love them. Being called babe or baby makes me happy. I also call my man the same or sugar, pumpkin, sexy, handsome...whatever I feel at the time.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Pet names coming from the right person can make your heart skip a beat

^^^Agreed.

Baby, love, hun, sweetie, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy......all give me butterflies (coming from the right person)

But don't call me "dear" or you might get slapped.

^^^^^ all of this! I'm not a fan of ma'am either but that's not a pet name. (It makes me feel old!!)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    The girl I'm currently dating is tolerating it. She's never allowed anyone to call her anything but her name or the short version of it.

I've always given those I cared about pet names. When I don't, you can be sure that I don't really really care for you one way or another. :laugh: People just express their affections differently. I haven't had one person who was close to me object to this yet, probably because through getting to know me, they know it's a good thing when I do give them pet names.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Well being from the South, everyone gets called 'sugar', 'honey', 'babe', and 'darling' pretty frequently. I don't have a problem with pet names but my husband and I don't have any for each other.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My massage therapist calls me "beautiful"... :happy: ... it's okay, he's gay and in a committed relationship.

No one calls me "baby"... ewww. don't like that one.

"babe" I hear a lot...

One day, a couple of old timers were sitting on the front porch, and every time the wife of one of them came by, he called her "sugar', "honey bunch", or "sweetheart"

"Wow, you are sure romantic with your wife!" the other one said.

"I just can't remember her name" the old-timer confessed...
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    When my husband uses my first name, it probably means I'm in trouble...*wink*

LOL...me too. I havent heard him call my real name in long time, thank God.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Does 'hey you' count?

My dog likes it when I call her Sweetie Pea
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My fiances name is Joey. So I started calling Joey Bag of Doughnuts (the burrito from Moes)
    Then it spiraled into calling him Baggie, Bag, Rag, pretty much anything that rhymes LOL People look at us like we're freaks but whatever...
    A guy called me "mama" one time and :blushing: :blushing: I loved it :) lol
    And when country boys call me darling I melttttt
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I use more Japanese pet names. He calls me Manda-kun (even though it should be Manda-chan, but he doesn't like "chan" as much) That doesn't bother me. And I have called him "Sweet leaf" from the Black Sabbath song, before I knew what it was about.(I assumed it was tea... O.o) I still call him that occasionally.

He also calls me Manderz, or just Derz. I think that's kinda cute, but I had one of my friends call me that before him, and that's where he got the idea.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    And we use pet names for our actual pets too. We have a fish named Epicurus and we call him Eppy and Epp-Epp.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I like them, I like when they are special the ones a couple creates over time. I also like the regualr ones lol, I call everoyne hun. I called an elderly man hun today and didn't realize it until he took a double take at me, lmao.

My husband calls me cumquat, Gizmo (my military boys gave me that), sweetie, kiwi, super girl, ect

to me it seems special, I don't know I am weird
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My fiances name is Joey. So I started calling Joey Bag of Doughnuts (the burrito from Moes)
    Then it spiraled into calling him Baggie, Bag, Rag, pretty much anything that rhymes LOL People look at us like we're freaks but whatever...
    A guy called me "mama" one time and :blushing: :blushing: I loved it :) lol
    And when country boys call me darling I melttttt

I get called lil' mama a lot, I am short and have been a mom of many for a long time, always been motheryl to all my friends ect

my husband lived in the South and I love darlin'! Sweet Pea, ect
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I only want to be called like that when its coming from either my fiance, mom or my amigas but otherwise I hate it. My fiance & I call ourselves the usual spanish pet names amor, bb (short of bebe = baby in spanish) or mami/papi but I feel him more when he calls me mami and me calling him papi.
  • Alphabet27
    Options
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    usually just sweetie or hunny, but I called him hunny bunny for the longest time lol. IDK why I bother, he only answers to his name, it's like if I call him outside of his name he just doesn't hear me haha
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    We call each other honey. We rarely use our real names with each other anymore. *shrug* We've also been together 7 years
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ive called my wife " Clover" for a long time.
    she my good luck charm :wink:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I always call my lady "Pretty Girl", which she has always seemed to like. I also call her baby and sweetheart, but thats about it. She has a lot of nicknames. Personally I get tired of hearing Ben all the time, so its nice to be refereed to as something else
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I like it when a guy says my name... Since no one calls me that... But my nicknames as of late make me smile

But I say hun a lot :)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    since i don't usually keep them around long enough to actually bother with names....

"baby" seems to work just fine.